ticket sales 2022

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
art walsh
Burning Since: 2021

ticket sales 2022

Post by art walsh » Wed May 12, 2021 4:56 am

With 2 years between burns, the Borg has had plenty of time to get the ticket sales process right.
I'm sure that they had plans in place for 2021 if the burn hadn't been cancelled.

A poll would probably show that the sales process is the biggest area of complaints (except for not getting a ticket).

Why not a test run? I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be the volume of people as in the real sale, but it might show up any minor glitches.

How about setting it up for some time on the weekend? I'm sure dedicated burners would participate if it could help smooth out the process.

As an incentive, plan to give away a pair of tickets and a vehicle pass for 2022 to one lucky participant.

Sham

Re: ticket sales 2022

Post by Sham » Wed May 12, 2021 5:42 am

Hi Art. That's an interesting thought. When tickets go on sale, the servers are slammed by people with multiple computers trying to score tickets. The org has been pretty effectively working to put people in waiting rooms in queue to buy tickets. I don't know exact numbers, but I heard as many as 250,000 people are trying to get tickets at one time. Each year they work to improve on making things fair and equitable for everyone, and sometimes those efforts backfire. This is not an exact science and probably never will be.
As far as getting people to step up and test a system, I doubt you could get a hundred people on board for that.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”