Page 1 of 1

Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sun May 24, 2026 4:41 pm
by Dr. Pyro
Welcome home campers! You asked for it and you got it. Your old friend and debauched neighbor Doc Pyro, the creator of Barbie Death Camp, has once again, as my gift to Black Rock City, am offering up the J Resort Hotel deal for 2026. This deal is for all burners coming to or leaving from Black Rock City. Here are the details (taxes and resort fees are not included and all casinos charge them):

Tuesday, August 25 to Thursday, August 27: $49
Friday, August 28 to Saturdeay, August 29: $99
Sunday, August 30 to Thursday, September 3: $49
Friday, September 4 to Sunday, September 6: $139
Monday, September 7 to Wednesday, September 9: $49

You must call (866) 386-7829 or (866) FUN-STAY and ask for BARBIE26. I have taken down several floors of rooms and each room sleeps 4 (or 12 if you're sponsoring the orgy). The J Resort has a free sauna, large jacuzzi, swimming pool, ice machines on every floor, and ample free parking. There is also a free shuttle to and from the airport.

Never let it be said that Doc Pyro doesn't unselfishly gives back to the burner community. You my friends are indeed welcome.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Thu May 28, 2026 9:12 am
by Dr. Pyro
Have any of you taken advantage of this yet? Just curious.




Note from Sham: I shared your offer on other social media sites. It's a great deal.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2026 11:51 am
by Sham
Dr. Pyro wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2026 9:12 am
Have any of you taken advantage of this yet? Just curious.




Note from Sham: I shared your offer on other social media sites. It's a great deal.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2026 5:08 pm
by trilobyte
For people traveling through Reno, it's a great deal. If I'm not mistaken, some of the other properties charge more than $50 in daily additional fees on top of their room rate.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 6:18 pm
by some seeing eye
I always appreciate BRC +- date Reno hotel deals and repost them widely.

I enjoyed Doc Pyro's Amtrakathpon. I volunteer with Census, I do not speak for them. Details https://blackrockcitycensus.org/travel

My Reno hotel burn stays were pre-2000. Shower, sleep, food. At Sands. Today I exit North at the 447 Y.

Every year, about a third of our burners are first time.

How can we reach out to new burners for Reno hotel deals? Is it publicized to regionals?

Thanks Doc, you are a participant with results. We may differ on politics, that is another discussion. Future BDV documentary? Are you gathering BDV movie minutes?

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2026 8:16 am
by Dr. Pyro
Considering that I don't even attend Burningman any longer, I guess the answer is no.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2026 9:16 pm
by The Rod
Thanks for putting this together Doc.

I usually stay at the circus circus but this seems worth checking out!

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2026 8:18 am
by Dr. Pyro
Hope it works out well for you.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:23 am
by Dr. Pyro
Giving this a little bump.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2026 2:22 pm
by The Rod
Just booked my room!

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 11:30 am
by trilobyte
Over the years, many of my campmates as well as my partner and I have taken advantage of the offer. It was a legit savings off the regular cost of booking, and in our experience there were no strings attached. We really appreciate your making the effort to set things up for people, thanks Doc.

Nowadays I live south, and don't travel through Reno on my way to or from the event. Many still do, I hope it helps them save a few bucks.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2026 9:09 am
by Dr. Pyro
Thanks buddy, I'm happy to do it. Even though I don't attend TTITD any longer (though if somebody had an RV space and was willing to share I'd certainly consider it) I still want to give back to the community that has treated me so well lo these last 27 years.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 9:22 am
by Dr. Pyro
Still a few more rooms are available for this deal. We've taken down no fewer than 137 already so there are a lot of happy burners out there.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2026 12:39 pm
by Dr. Pyro
Last chance to get your discounted rooms. Only a few days left to take advantage of this offer. I'll be there Friday night so if you see me, say hi.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2026 4:21 pm
by some seeing eye
There is a fire in the hills North of Reno resulting in evacuations of Northern neighborhoods called the Hawk Fire.

If you go to Google maps, you can turn on the fire layer. Google maps also shows traffic and road closures.

The evacuations and arriving emergency crews is consuming hotel rooms.

Impact on rental cars and supplies, including for our fly-in burners is unknown.

Re: Doc Pyro's Reno Hotel Deal 2026

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 8:28 am
by M F Bonz
some seeing eye wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 23, 2026 4:21 pm
There is a fire in the hills North of Reno resulting in evacuations of Northern neighborhoods called the Hawk Fire.

If you go to Google maps, you can turn on the fire layer. Google maps also shows traffic and road closures.

The evacuations and arriving emergency crews is consuming hotel rooms.

Impact on rental cars and supplies, including for our fly-in burners is unknown.
I know at least two burners who are straight in the path of that fire.

They live in the Lemon valley
community.


I hope for them to have a safe return to their home. And end only in the best possible turnout for them.
K&S hang in there.

Seems like they faced this problem before.
Love you both.

Mozy Fucking Bonz~