Round 3 of Covid vs the timeline (2022 episode)

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Round 3 of Covid vs the timeline (2022 episode)

Post by Token » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:22 pm

Elorrum wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:42 pm

Wuhan original was 3.3
Omicron this winter was 9.5
Mumps 12
Omicron BA1 13.3
Measles 18 :twisted:
current BA 4/5 18.6
BA2.75 currently becoming dominant in India might be higher.

Update on main burning man site 7/13/22
https://burningman.org/event/preparatio ... care-2022/
At the rate this is progressing, maybe by 2024 we will have tickets sold at the gate again :twisted:

I know, I’m terrible.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:50 am

Token wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:22 pm
At the rate this is progressing, maybe by 2024 we will have tickets sold at the gate again :twisted:

I know, I’m terrible.
Sadly, it disproportionately ends up killing people who can't afford to go to Burning Man, free ticket or not.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Elorrum » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:33 pm

From Australian Government Dept. of Health, July 8, 2022
"Given reinfections may occur as early as 28 days after recovery from a previous COVID-19 infection, the AHPPC advises that the reinfection period be reduced from 12 weeks to 28 days. People who test positive to COVID-19 more than 28 days after ending isolation due to previous infection should be reported and managed as new cases."
https://www.health.gov.au/news/ahppc-st ... -community

Also the risk/benefit of vaccinating may be changing if protecting elders and the vulnerable from getting infected isn't much guaranteed. Many countries still maintain their data shows that vaccination helps prevent severe disease in individuals. The evolutionary driver now appears to be immune escape, and it seems to be a very mutable wee beastie. I heard the phrase "endemic instability," and it appears doubtful that it will settle into a seasonal model like the flu. After hearing "asymptomatic aerosolized transmission" at the start, I don't seem to be as rocked by any new info.

(n95 masks are down in price. Here's one: 88 cents ea and free shipping . https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.co ... -approved/)
"It's your thing, do what you want to do... I can't tell you, who to sock it to." - Isley Brothers
”On second thought, Let’s not go to Camelot. It’s a silly place.”
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches. - Robert Frost

Return to “Philosophical Center”