Badger got called out will he meet on thursday?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
allanon2

Badger got called out will he meet on thursday?

Post by allanon2 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:48 pm

Badger wrote:
coem on out to trego during the event and we can discuss both sides of the argument abotu whether Burning Man uts the lake bed.
Sorry asshat. I don't wrestle with pigs. I'm sure you're familiar with the analogy...

Seeing as you no doubt smell the sweet offal of media convergence on the event coupled with the (requesite) 'must have' anti-BM slant, I'm not surprised you choose this point to slither forth from beneath your damp little rock to issue your intellectually necrotic challenge.

Toss your baited little hook somewhere else Mr. Gump.

I've better things to sharpen my nails on than your fucktard ruminations on 'playa serpents' and 'wetland destruction.' Come back with a high school diploma and maybe you'll get to tango with the big boy. Until then I'm using your post as a viable alternative to the occasional sleeping pill.

You bore me.
Dear Badger,

I think you have a big, bad case of "internet balls". You know, that habit of growing brave and strong when there's a keyboard, screen, several dozen router hops and miles of fiber optic and copper cabling stand between you and your target/adversary.

Now then, I truly despise people with "internet balls". That said, I am meeting up with Metric on Thursday, Sept. 1st, approximately 8am on Guru Lane to take a look at the storm damage, check a couple of things out and perhaps strategize on what can be done to restore the area to something resembling it's previous 'state of art'. All the while, you are more than welcome to come over, introduce yourself to a real human, not a sock puppet, and talk about any of this you might want to. I'm not here to threaten you or 'call you out' or any other juvenile nonsense like that. You want a real person to vent at, one of the real people behind SBM? Here's your target, if you feel truly capable and up to it. You won't hurt my feelings or my sensibilities. Who knows, it might make for a good debate or a good show.

Anyway, *I* will be there on unrelated matters. This is your chance to vent what you want to vent in public, to someone's face.

-ob

posted here on behalf of obsuctron as i want to let badger see if he has what it takes. does he just have "internet balls" or can he dish it out in person?

will he hide behind others? or will he talk to someone face to face with metric as a mediary?

tune in on thursday 8 a.m. at guru lane

-allanon

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:28 pm

As I mentioned in a prior post, I don't wrestle with pigs.

You've had 1.5 years to make an informed, educated, fact based case re. your objections to the event yet you've squandered that time pecking out your monotonous, monosyllabic rants like some rabid monkey going through its hundredth typewriter ribbon in trying to construct your Everest out of a bucket of sand. You've failed miserably and I believe the record reflects as much.

I've not the time nor the inclination to counter further your ill-informed, sophomoric, objections. So please, don't come buzzing around my ass like some fly around warm shit because you smell an opportuinty to speak in front of a camera. I'll not be party to it.

You remain an ass.
Desert dogs drink deep.

allanon2

but badger its not me its obscurtron

Post by allanon2 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:42 pm

Badger wrote:As I mentioned in a prior post, I don't wrestle with pigs.

You've had 1.5 years to make an informed, educated, fact based case re. your objections to the event yet you've squandered that time pecking out your monotonous, monosyllabic rants like some rabid monkey going through its hundredth typewriter ribbon in trying to construct your Everest out of a bucket of sand. You've failed miserably and I believe the record reflects as much.

I've not the time nor the inclination to counter further your ill-informed, sophomoric, objections. So please, don't come buzzing around my ass like some fly around warm shit because you smell an opportuinty to speak in front of a camera. I'll not be party to it.

You remain an ass.
if i am still one what about him? Why not truely show people that you stand behing your word. Or is your word not worth much? Do you not want people to beleive that what you have to say is valuable? I dont write much ahrd cold facts here as you people just tear aaprt my writing. I just inform and try to let people decide for themselves cause I am not a great writer.

guess you are as obscurtron says " you have internet balls" never heard that term before but I am starting to see what is meant by that.

see yah

and enjoy discovery channel and BMORG making money off the art in the event. Its great now that BMORG is provign oen of the points that I have made over the years. They are hipocrits when it comes to cold hard cash. Does not matter if its from evil corporate America.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:21 pm

"State of art"?

Hee.

capjbadger
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by capjbadger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:00 pm

Doh.. sorry. Double post

capjbadger

Post by capjbadger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 pm

Alright allanon2... enough.
You have made your pitch and now you're just being an prick. Those that care have gone to your site. Those that don't, don't care what you have to say.

Badger has already given his answer to your question. Be an adult and leave him be. The more you act like a pesky child, the more damage you do to your cause.

And a couple tips:

A: Get a better web design guy/gal. That site is very poorly made and is not inviting to a reader.

B: Learn to spell or at least run a spell checker. A bad speller online is just a joke and no one will "listen" to you...

Badger
(Yes, there is more than one... ;) )

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:24 pm

Badger
(Yes, there is more than one...

<mmmmmmrrrrrrrghhhhhhh........mmgghhhgrrrhhh....>

badger (lower case)
Badger^1 (prime)
Badger^2 (square)
Badger^3 (cube)

All novel (and noble) choices IMO.

Please don't flirt with the furies though. We'll find you a name. A worthy name. Something other than Badger.

capjbadger

Post by capjbadger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:58 pm

Wasn't a choice. Got tagged with the name 10 years ago. I'm not one of those idiots who give themselves nicknames to feel special.

Badger is my name. I don't need another one. Deal with it or don't. I really don't care.

dj big E

Lmao you want toxic.

Post by dj big E » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:05 am

Mining keeps Nevada at top of pollution list
Industry insists EPA numbers unfairly characterize toxic threat

By Launce Rake <[email protected]>
LAS VEGAS SUN

Worst states The top 10 states for toxic release:

# 1. Nevada

1.008 billion pounds.

# 2. Utah

956 million pounds.

# 3. Arizona

745 million pounds.

# 4. Alaska

535 million pounds.

# 5. Texas

302 million pounds.

# 6. Ohio

283 million pounds.

# 7. Pennsylvania

226 million pounds.

# 8. Indiana

204 million pounds.

# 9. Tennessee

163 million pounds.

# 10. North Carolina

157 million pounds.

Nevada's huge mining industry has for the third year running placed the state No. 1 in the nation in the release of toxic substances, the federal Environmental Protection Agency said Thursday.

The EPA's annual Toxic Release Inventory list is an annual measure of toxic chemical releases, transfers and waste generated by facilities of all kinds in the United States. In Nevada, 94 facilities discharged more than 1 billion pounds of toxic chemicals into the air, land and water in 2000, the year studied.

One-third of the total came from a single source, Barrick Goldstrike Mines in Elko.

But Russ Fields, president of the Nevada Mining Association, argued that the listing categorizes the state unfairly.

The problem is that every gram of mercury, lead, arsenic and every other potentially toxic element or compound pulled from the ground in a mining operation has to be reported, Fields said. Toxic materials are commonly present in rock in low concentrations.

Much of that material is still locked in the rock, however, and will not reach the environment, he said.

"As long as mining is required to report the rock that it has to move in the course of operations, and the components of that rock are reportable for TRI purposes, we are going to have very high numbers in Nevada," Fields said. "In terms of potential risk to the public, there is no risk."

Environmentalists, however, dispute that. Tom Myers, executive director of Great Basin Mine Watch, has argued for years that mining releases toxic materials into the air and water, both on the surface and in the ground.

"It doesn't surprise me that Nevada is the No. 1 toxic polluter in the country," Myers said. "When they dig up rock and bring it to the surface, exposing it to air and water, all these elements and compounds can leach into the waterways and into the groundwater."

Myers said the problem is especially acute in the north and central parts of the state where mining is the base of the economy. The state produced more than $2.2 billion in gold last year, 76 percent of all U.S. production.

Other mining activity, including copper, silver and crushed-rock production, accounted for about $300 million last year.

Myers said the mining can sometimes immediately affect the environment through toxic leaching, but other effects won't be felt for generations. Some rocks will leach toxic metals into the environment for hundreds of years, he said.

"The number here is just incredible for arsenic being dumped on the ground," he said. "Over 400 million pounds, a third of the total, is arsenic."

The EPA agrees with some points from the mining industry and some points from the environmentalists.

"The TRI is not a risk inventory," said EPA Toxic Release Inventory Coordinator Adam Browning. "This is just a starting point.

"In terms of evaluating a particular facility or industry, you need to combine this information with other information ... in order to get to the point where you can actually evaluate the risk."

A small fraction of Nevada's total -- about .5 percent -- comes from industries such as petrochemical manufacturing often associated with toxic releases, the EPA reported. Mining alone pulled more than 1 billion pounds of potentially toxic materials from the earth in 2000.

The amount of toxics decreased 14 percent since 1999, the EPA said, despite the first-time inclusion of "persistent bioaccumulative and toxic" chemicals such as mercury and dioxin.

This is only the third year that mining has been required to participate in the 16-year-old annual inventory of toxic releases. Nevada has topped the national list since mining was included in the inventory.

With mining deleted from the total, Nevada ranked 43rd among the 50 states.

Driveway

Post by Driveway » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:44 am

Badger! You fool! Pig-Wrestling is gonna be the next big thing! [at least once this "hip-hop" shit dies out]

I could make you a star! A STAR I tells you!
What is Driveway's Game?

Driveway

Post by Driveway » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:51 am

Incidentally, making efforts to protect and preserve the ecology of however many square miles of dirt that is actually poisonous to life seems a little poorly thought out.

Especially when such efforts are made in the name of people who come to the playa to break land speed records.

Also, your "calling out" of one single solitary individual, who, though they may use the odd period when a full colon is called for, is clearly smarter than you; strikes this unforgiving liberal as macho posturing coupled with masochism,with a sprinkle of blatant stupidity for colour.

BAM!

Makes a great jambalaya.
What is Driveway's Game?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:05 am

I'm certainly no "friend" of Badger's however...
There's a limit to how much abuse a man should be subjected to. Now some of it he's earned...and with what he's called me this past year..stuff like coma boy and all when I see these threads I see it as the karma gods getting a little payback in. But this single minded thread takes it way too far, it's purely a personal attack thread and I am sending the admins an email raising my strong objections to it.

I also have a serious objection to any group that has the intent of KILLING BURNING MAN using Burning Man's own webservers and bandwidth to promote their agenda. Leaving out all of the personalities here, this one thing strikes me as being fundamentally wrong. It simply shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's one thing to have dissent about how the event is run, that sort of constructive criticism is good for the event and has brought about some positive changes over the years. This is not constructive criticism, these are attack posts by a group of people who want to KILL this event. And everyone is tiptoeing around the issue as they get stronger and stronger every day. QUit being nice, shut 'em up, take 'em out. Or else the ORG could be the ones in front of the cameras lamenting the loss of an event that these people killed off. Don't underestimate your enemy, especially a group of changelings and sock puppets that hides how many are truly involved.

I say an abrupt and serious change in tactics is needed, having the admins purge an obvious attack thread would be a nice start.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:35 am

It appears that Rex has finally either learned to use a spell/grammer checker or has gotten someone to write his messages for him. Either way, at the very least, its easier to make out what he is trying to say.

Never mind the fact that all of this has the appearance of a cliche schoolyard fight.

Rex, you'r still a pathetic asshat.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 am

coma boy?

<snicker, snicker, snicker>

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:22 am

I don't mind it quite as much now. Even though it was meant as a slam, anything that puts me in a younger context is kinda welcome. I actually like getting carded to buy booze anymore for example. But at the time considering what all was going on it was offensive.

Anyway my point about hijacking the servers / eplaya to promote their agenda should not be diluted by other arguments. They don't even attend the event (so they are operating on 3rd party info / observations anyway), some of the ticket money from the event goes to keep the eplaya running, pay the power bill for it, etc. If you got technical about it the rest of us are subsidizing their attack. It's still wrong.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:45 am

"called out"? Does rex teach middle school--or attend it?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:02 am

Does it strike anyone else as odd that we've seen Allanon02 / Rex and his pliya posts for a long time, then all of a sudden we get a relatively clearly written blast from some like Observer? Seeing stuff like that I can't help but think there's sock puppetry or something strange going on.
K-IV
~~~~

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:26 am

I remember when they first came on as a group and it was only allanon who kept posting after a while because he's more determined or has a thicker skin or something. From the clues I've gleaned (mostly 2nd hand, I don't need to spend my time tracking these people) it seems that it's always been a group. I could make a sock and join their little group on Yahoo and get a further sence of why obscuratron and respect the planet are posting (again) but it doesn't seem really far off the usual pattern to me.

I could be wrong.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

allanon2

come to the yahoo group as yourself no need to hide

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:24 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I remember when they first came on as a group and it was only allanon who kept posting after a while because he's more determined or has a thicker skin or something. From the clues I've gleaned (mostly 2nd hand, I don't need to spend my time tracking these people) it seems that it's always been a group. I could make a sock and join their little group on Yahoo and get a further sence of why obscuratron and respect the planet are posting (again) but it doesn't seem really far off the usual pattern to me.

I could be wrong.
the yahoo group has media on it. (4 of them)
about 10 Burnign man people
about 10 from our group
and about 30 other peopel that I can not account for.

I agree we are nto socks. in fact they even tell me to use a spell checker :)

no socks for me. I knwo obsuctron and others very well. coem to guru lane and meet obscutron. Him and metric are lookign at the damage from the floods on guru lane.

allanon2

i used call out for badger personnaly

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:27 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:"called out"? Does rex teach middle school--or attend it?
he called me a a*& (i dont cuss) so i thought i woudl use some language that Badger might understand.

and by the way how do you knwo that some of use dont attend the event? :)
You have no clue how many of "us" there are.
and the "us" number is growing.

have a nice day and crypto your are oen of the sensible ones here.

ttyl
rex

Kinetic IV

Re: i used call out for badger personnaly

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:34 pm

allanon2 wrote:and by the way how do you knwo that some of use dont attend the event? :)
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 290#176290
about 10 from our group

I agree we are nto socks. in fact they even tell me to use a spell checker
We own our own words. Have you already forgotten what you posted just less than 20 minutes ago? Or are we seeing a sock puppet master losing track of his game? I can't help but wonder after seeing obvious gaffes like this one.
K-IV
~~~~

allanon2

Re: i used call out for badger personnaly

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:45 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
allanon2 wrote:and by the way how do you knwo that some of use dont attend the event? :)
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 290#176290
about 10 from our group

I agree we are nto socks. in fact they even tell me to use a spell checker
We own our own words. Have you already forgotten what you posted just less than 20 minutes ago? Or are we seeing a sock puppet master losing track of his game? I can't help but wonder after seeing obvious gaffes like this one.
huh? they are both from me. how if they are both from me does that make me a sock? wow i am confused. now you respect metric dont you? he has talked to obscutron.

kinetic please explain yourself and anyways why dotn you coem out and meet obscutron at 8.am. at guru lane a nice short walk from burnign man.

take care
allanon aka rex

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:04 pm

My comments were intended to focus in on the confusing statements you made. On one hand you said nobody knows how many Stop BM folks are out there, then in another thread you post the exact number. I found that to be a little odd and decided to showcase that in the post. The sock puppet comment was put in there as part of a strategy and I don't intend to discuss that here.

In any event I've never met Metric, I've heard good things about him but that's as far as it goes. As for meeting you? I'd love to. And I'm absolutely serious about that. But I am 1600 miles away and won't be near the playa until Monday evening at best. I may venture out of BRC to see the UP Challenger steam engine....that's an opportunity I won't pass up. If I knew exactly where you were, I'd stop by and say Hi. I'd like to know who I'm talking to on the other side of this screen if I can. So if it could be arranged...I'll do it. Heck I'd even bring along others if they would like to go.
K-IV
~~~~

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:29 pm

I would go if the time didn't interfere with my work schedules....

Elemental666

Post by Elemental666 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:40 pm

*pours fuel all over the thread allowing it to pool around its base*

:twisted:
R.I.P. Nasu Dyami
============
[url=http://www.elementalchaos.com/]www.elementalchaos.com[/url]

allanon2

kinetic you beleive in conspiracies?

Post by allanon2 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:16 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:My comments were intended to focus in on the confusing statements you made. On one hand you said nobody knows how many Stop BM folks are out there, then in another thread you post the exact number. I found that to be a little odd and decided to showcase that in the post. The sock puppet comment was put in there as part of a strategy and I don't intend to discuss that here.

In any event I've never met Metric, I've heard good things about him but that's as far as it goes. As for meeting you? I'd love to. And I'm absolutely serious about that. But I am 1600 miles away and won't be near the playa until Monday evening at best. I may venture out of BRC to see the UP Challenger steam engine....that's an opportunity I won't pass up. If I knew exactly where you were, I'd stop by and say Hi. I'd like to know who I'm talking to on the other side of this screen if I can. So if it could be arranged...I'll do it. Heck I'd even bring along others if they would like to go.
its all a conspiracy we are all one person. I am really everyone.

the cia flew the planes into the twin towers
hitler is still alive
we have never been to the moon
and Larry Harvey is my next door neighbor

umm the yahoo group has about 50 people or so and some of us are mebers. others well many are just people that gave me there name and adddress and said contact me when the next permit process comes up. you think every one has time or wants to be on forums?

sigh
-rex

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am

Isn't it weird that you protest Burning Man, explicitly call to stop it, and then go every year? That's like hanging out in a strip club to protest strip clubs. ("It's...uh...research.")

Reminds me of the Pharisees at Mardi Gras who howl about demoncrats, buddhists, catholics, fags and satanists...while standing on Bourbon Street pretending not to enjoy the whole spectacle.

(We know they're looking at women's tits just like everybody else, 'cause you rarely find those people beyond St. Anne, where the gay clubs are.)

-c

obscurotron

Post by obscurotron » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:56 pm

Erm, I have not been to Burning Man since 1999. Won't ever go again. In fact, no one in our group has gone since 1999 (2000 for a couple of people).

So no, I guess I don't find it weird/funny/ironic/whatever, since your statement is wholly incorrect.

-ob

buckethead alien
Burning Since: 1997

Post by buckethead alien » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:16 pm

erm?

There's only one other poster I know who uses "erm."

Nah. Couldn't be.

Too weird.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:56 pm

Erm, I have not been to Burning Man since 1999. Won't ever go again. In fact, no one in our group has gone since 1999 (2000 for a couple of people).
How telling is that? It will be archived away...in case it's needed someday.
K-IV
~~~~

Return to “Philosophical Center”