Kids at BM...the ongoing battle

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
brayandtrill

Kids at BM...the ongoing battle

Post by brayandtrill » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:41 pm

I thought I had seen a recent post on this but I couldn't find it. There has been ongoing drama and debate about kids at burning man. This year was no less volatile. I think most people do agree that if kids are included then parenting is the key factor to making it a safe and valuable experience. Though I respect parents who do the right thing with their children on the playa I would never bring a child (and I'm not a parent). Partly because this is MY experience and I would not want to change it by having to be responsible for kids, partly because I know very few kids who would be happy in this desert environment for a week. Hell, the dust makes me wonder why the hell I came. Again this year I saw some disturbing things that really leave me to believe that the playa is not a place for children.

Around 3am in a very loud dance camp there was a couple with a baby carriage. The baby was well under a year old. He asked me for aspirin for her migraine. If it is so unacceptable to bring an infant to a dance club in the "real world" why do people think it's ok to do so on the playa, where the conditions are even worse. Thumping music, flashing lights, dust, inebriated dancers... If you have made the adult decision to bring a child to the playa then you have a responsibility to sacrifice your own desire to party. Sorry but I was disgusted. If you have a migraine, take your baby back to camp and sleep.

One afternoon at the Deep End there were two boys about 9-10 years old unsupervised in the shade lounge. They were reading the annual drug issue of Piss Clear and giggling. Well within view there was a blowjob being performed between two men on the dance floor and 3 people lying on the cushions actively engaged in sexual touching. Where were their parents? And how about the adults who were "performing" in clear view of the kids. What kind of opinion on drugs do you think these boys have after reading the tongue in cheek, pro-drug use articles in Piss Clear?

Let's face it, there may be many responsible parents...but over and over we witness examples of poor parenting on the playa that seriously affect children in an environment that is just simply unsuitable for them. These type of parents have to make a hard decision...is this party for your family, or for you?

s5

Post by s5 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm fine with parents bringing their kids to Burning Man, as long as they don't expect the rest of us to help with the parenting.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Having brought a 16 year old to BRC myself I'm biased on this subject and I'm all for bringing kids....the key being if the parents are responsible.

Also before this subject goes much further here's an interesting SF Gate article that indicates kids have been at the event since it's beginning and no less than the hatted one himself, Larry Harvey, supports their inclusion.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 8GNN31.DTL

IMHO this comes down to parental responsibility and it mirrors debates raging across the nation on the decline of that responsibility. It's going to be interesting to see how this debate pans out. Since there's a lot of new people to the boards I'll offer a suggestion or two. Even if someone says something you can't stand....attack the message or idea, not the messenger or person behind it. Let's keep this civil and we can all benefit.

Thanks for considering my request....now let's get to it.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

anticdevices

Responsible parenting

Post by anticdevices » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:20 pm

This year we did not bring our daughter to Burning Man. We are responsible parents. Burning Man is an environment filled with heat and cold and dust. It is unsuitable. Children and infants cannot survive under these conditions. Thousands of children are irreparably harmed at Burning Man every year; this is a scientific fact. There are statistics to prove it.

We will continue to refrain from bringing our daughter to Burning Man. We are good parents. We will protect her from harm, and from the possibility of harm. We will protect her from danger, and from the possibility of danger. In this way we will prepare her for her future. This is responsible. She could die. As responsible parents, we will do everything in our power to prevent every peril she might experience. When she reaches adulthood, her mind will be pure, having been unsullied by any disturbing sexual, social or political images, behaviors or experiences.

When we chose to have a child we understood and accepted that we would have to sacrifice any part of ourselves that did not serve the needs of the child. But because we are responsible, we do this cheerfully. We know that this is what it means to be a good parent. Our lives are now dedicated to serving her comfort. We are role models.

There is the possibility that our daughter would see something unacceptable, experience something unacceptable, be in discomfort, or be unhappy if we brought her to Burning Man. An adult, of course, can handle disappointment, unhappiness, discomfort and experiences that challenge their beliefs. A child, of course, cannot. Such exposure permanently damages a child. A child lacks an adult’s ability to process sensory input. A child has primitive emotional management skills, unlike an adult. A child has a sensitive psyche and fragile belief system. This must be preserved at all costs, no matter the sacrifice. This is what it means to be a responsible parent.

Finally, Burning Man is filled with strangers. ‘They’ say it takes a village to raise a child, but this is clearly a lie. Children must be protected from strangers. Sheltered. Contact with other adults must be kept to a minimum, especially adults not trained to interact with children. Burning Man is purely and only about adult entertainment. Entertainments for adults are completely incompatible with childhood and a child’s sensibilities. A child is not MOOP. It is right and proper that when an untrained adult sees a child they should think, “Oh shit, that’s someone else’s problem, not mine.” Radical inclusion – if not community – clearly and explicitly begins at age 18 (or maybe 21), and not before. I’m pretty sure that’s printed on the ticket somewhere.

We are good parents. We will continue to sequester our daughter; that is the only way she can grow up safe from danger. We will not bring her to Burning Man. That would be irresponsible. It would also place an unreasonable burden upon other event-goers, equivalent (at least!) to riding around at night without lights. What’s up with Larry Harvey that he cannot see this!? How can they continue to allow Kidsville?

Don’t worry. We are responsible parents. We chose to protect our daughter. We did not bring her to Burning Man. And we will not.

Well, not before 2007, anyway. All bets are off then. She'll be almost 3.

[If I rose to the bait of a troll or trolls, I apologize to the rest of the community.]
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention - Henry V, Prologue

brayandtrill

Post by brayandtrill » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:41 pm

I respect where you are coming from. I guess I don’t have as much faith in the community as I would like to. Not, at least, enough to trust them with my children (if I had them). Let’s face it, this is the same community whose members: stole my bike, groped me without invite, followed your sister home to camp, spiked your neighbor’s drink with roofies, pissed on your tent. Etc. Bad people are here too, and they are close.
I’ll risk myself, but I would shelter my children from this while they were young or completely change my experience and “protect” them in Kidsville. I really want to be the kind of person who would bring my children to burning man but I don’t think I could be.
Maybe my problem is that I’m trying to form an opinion about something I don’t know much about. Parenting. I’m really interested to hear how more parents out there feel.

hunter S

Post by hunter S » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:07 pm

brayandtrill, Bravo! I share much of your view, all though this year may have softened my feelings on children at BM! This year I had the opportunity to be in kiddsville visiting a eplaya friend. The experience I enjoyed with her & daughter was life changing!
I now realize that BM can provide opportunities to children that are not available in the default world. This being said I still don't see BRC as a whole a fit environment for children but... will concede that kiddsville & parents with good skills & self control do have a place in BRC.
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!

burnerboy33

Post by burnerboy33 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:48 pm

I have read most of the posts about bringing kids to BM. I here people saying it is an adult playgroud and not for kids. I have been out there 5 years now and what I see is BM is what you make of it. If you want it to be about a huge rave party, that is what it will be for you. If you want it to be all about the art, that is what it will be for you. If you want to see lots of boobs and naked people, that is what it will be for you. If you are a good perant and you want your kids to have an open mind and see alot of creative art, then that is what it will be for you. It is all about where you take your kids and when you take your kids out. If I had the money to get a RV I would have brought my 5 year old daughter out this year so she could see where I go over the labor day weekend. I go out there for the vehicles people build, I think it is a great place for kids that age to see the creativety. Las Vegas is now a place to go on a family vacation, you go out with the family during the day and have a good time. Nite time comes, the kids go to bed, and then you can go out at nite and do the adult nite life. Perants can trade off going out or you bring someone with you to stay with them at nite, but BM at nite is not the time to bring out the kids. At least not late at nite or the early hours of the morning.

So, what I am saying is BM is a good place for kids who have responsible perants. It is up to them to look out for things that kids should not be exposed to: drugs(I did not see alot of drug use in the open), and sex(If you see a BJ going on you can change the direction you are walking od riding in). Good perants would make for a good BM experience, bad peranting would make for a bad BM experience.

OK, my rant is over.

BB

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 pm

I think the creativity can be great for kids, but I'd never bring my child to BM out of fear of the harmful effects of the alkaline dust. Period.

Das Bus

Post by Das Bus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:59 pm

hunter S wrote:brayandtrill, Bravo! I share much of your view, all though this year may have softened my feelings on children at BM! This year I had the opportunity to be in kiddsville visiting a eplaya friend. The experience I enjoyed with her & daughter was life changing!
I now realize that BM can provide opportunities to children that are not available in the default world. This being said I still don't see BRC as a whole a fit environment for children but... will concede that kiddsville & parents with good skills & self control do have a place in BRC.
Hey Hunter!

Sorry I missed you on the second time around! Becca kept asking for you! : )

She had so much fun on your motorized lounge chair, that now I have no choice but to build her something for next year! lol!
Medicated and Motivated!

hunter S

Post by hunter S » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

Das, I AM already thinking of what to create for next year! You can bet it will be Becca friendly!
You & she made all the work & 7 stitches worth wild, as I said to you the day we met, you changed the way I see kids at BM. I would love to see (maybe kiddsville already dose it?) playa parenting work shops. As I read the threads on the subject I see a repetitive view. Some parents & children do BM well but the few paint a negative persona for kids on the playa. I'm confident with education we can all make it work.
Das Bus thank you & Becca for opening my mind & I promise some new transportation for Becca in 07.
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!

anticdevices

Post by anticdevices » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:14 pm

brayandtrill wrote: I guess I don’t have as much faith in the community as I would like to.
Me neither. People are scum, fit only to be turned into dog food, and then thrown away as unfit to feed to dogs, due to its toxicity.

I have only ever had two experiences that would convince me otherwise:

1) Burning Man. We've only been twice, and oddly both times went a long way toward restoring my faith in humanity. By and large the participants at Burning Man are awesome - truly inspiring human beings.

2) The response of ... everyone... to Katrina. As a resident of New Orleans, I can't tell you how unbelievable and overwhelming the support and generosity of complete strangers has been. I am painfully aware that there are criminals and price-gougers and all of that - but 99.9% of actual people we've interacted with have been... just wonderful.

I've come to realize that, despite media indications, there are very very few people on this planet actively interested in causing harm to children.

When harm is caused, it is generally unintentional. In fact, most people are ridiculously, irrationally, over-protective of children. People freak out because, "A child might be harmed!" Well yes, that risk is definitely present. And yet it is adults year after year that die at the event, and as near as I can tell far more adults suffer injury at Burning Man than do children (proportional to their respective populations).

So far children have a much better safety record than adults. You are actually far more likely to suffer harm at Burning Man if you're over 16 than under. I'll admit that I'm working off of anecdotal evidence here, so if anyone has cites with hard data demonstrating otherwise I'd love to see them.

anticdevices

Post by anticdevices » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:17 pm

transgirl wrote:but I'd never bring my child to BM out of fear of the harmful effects of the alkaline dust. Period.
Would you be kind enough to provide a citation showing that alkaline dust is more harmful to children than adults?

See, we are seriously considering bringing our daughter out next year. Obviously, if 1 week of playa dust is going to be permanently damaging or otherwise especially harmful, then it would be irresponsible to go ahead with our plans. On the other hand, we've looked over the Kidsville site @ yahoo groups, we visited Kidsville while we were on the playa this year, and we spoke with every child & parent/guardian of a child we ran across. Many of the children we met have been to more burns than we have.

No where have we seen or heard of any long-term effects of dust. Nor any particularly harmful short-term age-specific effects of dust on an otherwise healthy person. To date our understanding is that children seem to react to playa dust pretty much exactly the way adults do. A citation indicating otherwise would be very helpful.

Or are you suggesting that the common symptoms of playa dust are unacceptable for a child to experience? That it would be irresponsible for us to bring our daughter to an environment where she might develop a stuffy nose & scratchy throat? If so, I must confess that we have been exceedingly bad parents. In her 22 months of life to date our daughter has had more stuffy noses and sore throats than I can count. To add insult to injury, her pediatrician had advised us that stuffy noses, sore throats and the occasional cough were not in fact anything to be alarmed about. OH the perfidy! Perhaps the only rational and responsible thing for us to do would be to give our child up for adoption to a caregiver who would never risk subjecting her to the harmful indignity of a stuffy nose.
transgirl wrote: …out of fear…
The other possibility that occurs to me is that perhaps your concern is unfounded.

sbjody

Post by sbjody » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:43 pm

I thought I would through this out there; Next door to my camp was a 5 year old boy who was a fourth year burner. The first thing I heard from him was "Burningman is different from last year", so this does pose the fact that kids will selectively remember what the see and comprehend in there own way. I never saw this child complaining, or doing anything inappropriate for his age. In fact I believe he had just as much fun as I did. It is up to the parents decresion, even though parents in any situation don’t always know what is best for there child. As a child what could have been a great experience for me, could have been a dramatizing experience for someone else. No one has a true judgments of what is best for there child.

I do not have a child, and am 23, but if or when I do, I would love to take him/her to burningman. Why? Cause I remember camping festivals that I was taken to as a child. I remember how much fun it was, a lot better then sitting at a babysitters and watching a week solid of TV.

It does seem that there is more concern about the effects of the heat and dust, children will let you know when they have had enough or if something is wrong. I give kids enough confidence that they will not die like a fish out of water. You would also be surprised what the body can handle.

I also believe that children help our community, cause with out them what are we?
Kind of just a big party out in the desert ignoring family values.

Well take it as you will, I just wanted to say that.

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:44 pm

If you love BM so much, that you are unwilling to rationally consider the idea that alkaline dust may possibly have a harmful effect on a child's lungs, then sure: "No worries". If you need long term studies proving it is not harmful for your child and you to won't even consider the possibility of it without the studies, then sure: "No worries".

Don't worry, be happy. It's your child, not mine. I really don't care if you bring YOUR child. I'd never bring mine to a harsh environment with extreme highs and lows, ever present threat of dehydration and heat exhaustion, and a potentially harmful alkaline dust that is impossible to keep out of every crevice of your body, including nose/mouth/eyes etc...

And doesn't DRANO have a high alkaline content? Something like that. I'd rather not have my kids breathing something with a PH like drano. THanks.

But hey, you have fun. I'm sure your children will be fine. And besides, if it is harmful, you won't know for 30 years possibly, and by then you'll have plenty of other toxic sources they'll have been exposed to to blame for any strange lung cancer that pops up.

*shrug*

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:56 pm

transgirl wrote:If you love BM so much, that you are unwilling to rationally consider the idea that alkaline dust may possibly have a harmful effect on a child's lungs...
Thanks, Tranny! I can't stop re-reading your post because I can't decide if it's more self-righteous or ignorant. I'm leaning towards self-righteousness, but then ignorance will retake the lead. Honestly, that may be the dumbest fucking post I've seen in years.

sbjody

Post by sbjody » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:59 pm

It is unfortunate that living life to its fullest is such a health risk.

burnerboy33

Post by burnerboy33 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I did not know I could use playa dust to unclog my drain!!! Just think of the money I can save.

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:47 pm

:roll:

You sound like a drug addict trying to convince people shooting meth has no adverse health effects. That's pretty "fucking dumb" IMO.

Breathing in alkaline dust cant possibly be completely healthy. Get a clue. If it was completely healthy, no one would be walking around with masks on looking like we're in a nuclear war zone.

Please, get over yourself. You have a right to hurt your own lungs, not those of your children's.

Shagy

Sir Loin's rant in Piss Clear

Post by Shagy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:12 pm

Stay home with your babies, Burning Man is an adult community.

How would you feel if the Jaeger-girls roamed the streets of Disneyland, or if porn was broadcast during Saturday morning cartoons? That would be wrong, right? So, why do you bring your little kids to Burning Man? I say, round them up, deport them or place them in an internment cap. I'm surprised the Pershing County Sherriff hasn't started reporting child endangerment cases to the County. Would you risk a court battle to get your kids released from foster care, if you knew the consequences? You're responsible for protecting a child and bringing them to BM is like summer school for all of society's aberrations and perversions, not to mention the harsh and dangerous environment that is BRC. Why are you desensitizing your kids with adult themes? Can't a kid grow up without the sterling image of a Price Albert fogging their minds for eternity? Since when is it OK to voluntarily expose your baby to sand storms? Why are you positioning your kids near explosions? How do you explain an 18 foot mobile penis to an 8 year old girl? Have you ever seen playa-foot on a 3 year old? It's awful. And diaper rash on the playa· what the fuck were you thinking? Kids are a buzz kill. They present too much reality for the ultimate playa experience. I don't want to see them; I don't want to hear them. I don't want to be part of their twisted experience of how grown ups behave. I don't want them to watch me spank the lizard lady with her own tail. Wouldn't everyone involved be just a little better off if the little brats stayed home? To all you cool parents that brought your kids with you, are you stupid, insane or just selfish? BM is dangerous. People die here. People get seriously hurt here. The drive alone has been proven fatal. Not convinced? Take the test: There are 30,000 handguns in a pile and one of them is fully loaded. Entry to BM is granted to any parent willing to play Russian roulette with their kids. Question: How may of you will grab a gun, press it against your babies head and pull the trigger. OK? Now go home and take your baby burner with you!

ubu

Post by ubu » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:23 pm

You get over yourself, trans-whatever your name is.

Lungs are remarkably regenerating things, and nothing regenerates better and faster than a child's lungs. Note a child after a major fire disaster, how much more quickly they recover than the old farts.

For your info, methamphetamine is indicated at 1-2 mgs for kids for adhd. so there. ha! it is all about dose and length of exposure.

Personally I prefer children distracted and daydreaming on summer grass, but you do what you do.

check wikipedia for the amount of highly carcinogenic benzene you take in when you smoke a cigarette, or breathe second hand smoke, check the amount of carcinogens you breathe with all the car exhaust you breathe and tell me you are worried about dust at burning man. ha.

I saw some eight year old boys putting folks to shame on the dance floor out there. I avoid most dancing at bm because of the dust people kick up! ha. hate the dust.

Your sanctimony is more poisonous than alkali dust. All that said, I find many kids at bm to be annoying. The brats of sanctimonious protectors of the supposedly pristine and asexual minds of children and their fragile, eggshell lungs would be probably be even more annoying so I sure hope you don't bring your brats when you rethink the dust issue.

ha. all in fun and humor. if you don't know just how devious and dark, macabre, and strong kids can be, you don't know your own kids. :twisted:
ta epi ta

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:36 pm

Look, i wouldn't want my 6y yr old smoking or laying under an exhaust pipe either.

I don't mind kids on the playa. Actually, I enjoyed the kids in the camp behind me. Their laughter, questons, excitement and howls kept me grounded in a very unfamiliar and overwhelming environment.

Do I think people who bring kids to the playa are BAD parents? No, I wouldn't say that. I don't believe any of them would intentionally hurt their kids. Would I bring my own? NO. Not until I have some kind of research showing it's pretty safe. With kids, in the event I'm not sure about something, I'd err on the side of caution.
The fact remains, whatever your opinion, it's NOT against the law, at this point. It's personal discretion. I don't look down on people who bring their kids to the playa. In a way, I actually admire their willingness to show their children the incredible creativity present and that there is a different way to live life than hanging on a street corner gang banging. BM seemed enlightened and beautiful to me. And it can be for kids too.

Would i rather have it on a beach or out in a soft grassy field? Sure. I'd have absolutely no objections to bringing kids out in a less harsh environment. We're not just talking alkaline dust, we're talking major temp/humidity extremes.

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:39 pm

And I find the defensive, angry tones and name-calling unnecessary. It speaks more to your own guilt or inability to have a civilized discussion about a topic just because you are biased about it.

I loved BM too. That doesn't mean I'm all starry eyed and willing to remain ignorant as to the harmful effects of the playa.
I'm not sanctimonious or whatever. I'm not looking down on people.

But if playa dust were all giggles, safe and happy, no one would wear the masks.

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:10 pm

I loved seeing the kids , If I had any I would certainly bring them to the Playa, such joy such wonderment, and so willing to point out bull shit, seeing them with there families has always been one of the coolest things about Burning Man for me. To me Burning Man is about the people and the art, I can get stoned at home if I want or go to clubs or rent porn if on the edge sexual practices interested me, the desert is the only place these amazing people all come together. If it’s just a party for you why not find a more comfortable place to do it, If you can’t be a child with real kids around I feel sorry for you,..... they can be the best teachers.

burnerboy33

Post by burnerboy33 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:14 pm

For those of you who do not want kids at BM, is it because you feel it will be bad for there health? or is it because you think it will make your BM experance less enjoyable.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:15 pm

Just a reminder...the powers that be in the LLC have said kids are welcome at the event. So a good portion of what I'm reading here is people flogging dead horses. Since the kids are going to be there...and everyone knows that LEO's are going to be watching the interactions with them and the rest of the event (think Jiffy Lube's infamous sign removal mess), perhaps we'd be better off talking about how to mitigate their impact and potential ability to shut down the event should something bad happen vs. if playa dust is bad for them or not? Event survival IMHO should be a higher priority than the debate I'm seeing so far.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:09 am

transgirl wrote:And I find the defensive, angry tones and name-calling unnecessary. It speaks more to your own guilt or inability to have a civilized discussion about a topic just because you are biased about it.
Lord, you are amusing. I couldn't help but notice you wrote this after writing:
transgirl wrote:You sound like a drug addict trying to convince people shooting meth has no adverse health effects. That's pretty "fucking dumb" IMO.
Can you say 'sanctimonious hypocrite'?

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:16 am

Yeah I get caught up in the hateful bash board type of communication some of you seem to enjoy, then I try to check myself once I realize I'm being sucked into it. Arguing w/ people over the internet is stupid.

This is like a shouting match between an atheist and a believer. Both arguing over an issue which currently cannot be proven. You have your beliefs, obviously that the playa dust poses no significant harm to children. I have my beliefs that I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If that's "sanctimonious" so be it. I'd rather not aid the possible development of lung cancer in my innocent child by exposing him to alkaline dust so corrosive that it erodes the skin on your feet if you walk barefoot too long.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:38 am

I'd rather not aid the possible development of lung cancer in my innocent child by exposing him to alkaline dust so corrosive that it erodes the skin on your feet if you walk barefoot too long.
So taking the argument out on a long tangent are you being an unfit parent or shirking your parental responsibilities if you attend the event by yourself because it technically puts YOUR health at risk meaning potentially you might not be able to care for your kids later on?

I'm just sitting here mulling over possibilities and angles to this and I thought I'd throw that out here....
K-IV
~~~~

TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:26 am

Half the people want to be free to walk around naked and fuck anywhere they want in a sort of modern-day Sodom. To which I say "fuck yeah, please!"

The other half used to feel that way, but now (most likely as a direct result of living in that utopian-philosophy) have kids of their own and so have to re-think their ideals... usually expecting society to shield and protect their little living, shitting indiscretions from all the lovely things they once enjoyed themselves.

I know the borg works very hard to make this a kid-friendly event. Personally, I wish they wouldnt. Just make the whole thing 18 or over and be done with it so we can all get back to being the heathens that infuriate christian fundamentalists so damn much.

Sadly, either way it's not going to stop Johnny Law from motoring around on his ATV and sniffing the air for the faint odor of pot.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:29 am

transgirl wrote:Yeah I get caught up in the hateful bash board type of communication some of you seem to enjoy, then I try to check myself once I realize I'm being sucked into it. Arguing w/ people over the internet is stupid.
Well, guess what? I just fell madly in love with you. Really.
Besides, it's a moot point as neither of us have kids anyway.
Wanna go dancing in the desert next year? I'll wear the cheerleader dress and everything...
Mind you, that pic is from last year. I'm still waiting on the results of this year's photo-shoot. Stay tuned.
Oh, and SMOOCH!!!!

Return to “Philosophical Center”