Kids at BM...the ongoing battle

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
Alchemy

Well...

Post by Alchemy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:27 pm

Kids are great at BURNINGMAN
If not allowed -then the only other choice for human sacrifices would be the virgins..
HEY!!..WAIT WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! :twisted:
got fire?

ALICEtheGOON

Re: Well...

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Alchemy wrote:Kids are great at BURNINGMAN
If not allowed -then the only other choice for human sacrifices would be the virgins..
HEY!!..WAIT WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! :twisted:

....und ver might vee find dees " virgins?".

Melvynman

Some of us go to BM to be more like kids.

Post by Melvynman » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:20 am

Burningman is a kid’s playground. Some of you make comments about doing some a sex act that would scar kids for life, get real. The kids are going to have a good laugh at you just like they would if they saw animals having sex. Sorry no scaring for life but please keep trying it’s entertaining. My kids have been to BM twelve times and seen it all with no scaring. Sorry your sex acts are just not that socking. You think too much of yourself. Please keep trying their not going to be kids much longer. Soon they will just be adults laughing at you. Your problem with kids is just that your problem. My kids don't tell story to adults like because you over react. javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Yeah, I gotta wonder how seriously to take the primal scene stuff. Kids have got to have seen a whole lot of adult behavior when we were gatherer/hunters.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

smash

Post by smash » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:47 am

Good lord, this thread is insane! Burning Man is so much more than a big party, and what YOU choose to do there doesn't define the event. And personally, if drugs and sex is all you see and do out there, I can't understand why you bother to spend so much time and money going each year.

Burning Man isn't a place I go to escape reality for fantasy land, it's a place I go to create a new, better society that helps me make my default world better. I fell in love out there, got married out there, got pregnant at a regional burn, made a million wonderful friends, spent 07's burn pregnant, and in 08 will be bringing my 6 month old daughter!

If Burning Man were just some big dumb party, I wouldn't WANT to bring her. But I'm happier, more centered, and have the better human interactions out there than anywhere else in the world, and EVERY year I bring that home with me... Why on Earth would I want to shield my daughter from that???

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:19 pm

True that - I use BM as a release to keeep from leaving human shaped holes in the wall.

Glad you find it soothing as well

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 pm

spent 07's burn pregnant, and in 08 will be bringing my 6 month old daughter!
Sounds like the story of my lady and I. Unfortunately she was sick for most of the 07 burn but it didn't stop us from having a great time when she was feeling well. We're already thinking about outfits for our 6 month old burner in 08. :twisted:
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

Return to “Philosophical Center”