Impeach Dick!!

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
Plastic G'zus

Impeach Dick!!

Post by Plastic G'zus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Anybody watching C-span? There was a motion brought to the floor in the house of representatives today to impeach Dick Cheney for deliberately deceiving congress and the nation about Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction." It didn't get tabled, so there is hope, but it did get referred to the house judiciary committee, who could drag their heals until it doesn't matter anymore. This also prevented a 1-hour debate on the issue. Some of those those who voted to table it said that they didn't want to distract the nation in a time of war. [[short sardonic snort]]
Why isn't this the top story for every news outlet in America like it was when the motion to impeach Clinton was introduced? Hell, all he lied about was getting his knob polished.
Hopefully it will go through. Hopefully this will bring the white house under the kind of scrutiny it needs right now. Hopefully the investigation will dig up enough dirt to go after the commander-in-chimp for his gross abuse of his office. Hopefully congress will not just let this slide. Hopefully.

Guess What!!!

You can help! Call your representative AND your senator first thing in the morning. (look in the blue pages of your phone book for the number)
Just say, "Impeach Dick!"
Make love to anything. Make war on everything.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 pm

a little late in the game isnt i? one year from tonight the current pres will be a lame duck, and dick has said that he wont seek GOP nomination

hmmmmmm

Plastic G'zus

Post by Plastic G'zus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:53 pm

Better late than sorry.

Plastic G'zus

Post by Plastic G'zus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:58 pm

Although this is an obvious bid for the throne by Dennis Kucinich.

Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:35 pm

It would be a precedent victory. If it actually accomplished even a media circus then at least some political cost would be paid for the lies to the people.

I'm not sure which is worse - me advocating a media circus or the fact that it would take one for there to be any impact at all in the boldfaced lies told.
It's hard to have a normal conversation with someone with 6' acrylic rods strapped to your back.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Nothing will ever come of it.

Politics is for suckers.

well, something will come of it, Bush declares Marshall law just as the elections are about to begin.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Return to “Philosophical Center”