Times Square Bombing

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:HELLYEAH, THUNDERDOME! I've watched a lot of good matches but haven't been in the actual Dome. In the military they don't let you swill whiskey or tequila on your way into the pugil stick circle.
Ohhh thunderdome... I have always wanted to do battle in there but I am afraid to go in there with someone I don't know. Basically, I want to keep my teeth if possible....
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

Intubater69

Post by Intubater69 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:53 am

"His second tour of duty was spent building and painting schools and chasing pirates that were attacking civilian freighters. How come nobody mentions that when accusing the United States for things also perpetrated by warlords and terrorists in Iraq?"

Amen to that!! And I (a vet who voted to run the bum out of office last election) hope your little bro is safe and sound. Us little people, thats you and me, try to go about the day and live our life best we can and survive. Bush and his cronies are screwing up our country, our reputation, and our economy. But we cant lay all the blame on them. Look around you. Do you drive a big gas sucking SUV or truck you dont REALLY need?! Do you live in some McMansion that takes a boatload of gas and electricity to run, not to mention all the wood etc wasted on some way overpaid piece of doodoo?
I like many of my brothers and sisters joined the military because we didnt really have any other options available to us and we wanted to serve our country. And now I serve my fellow americans as a paramedic, and have also served as a volly firefighter.
I think we should never have invaded Iraq, it's a debacle that our politicians got us into. But we need to support the men and women in our armed forces for doing their best considering the circumstances. And I'll wager a bet that most would rather spend their day building schools, helping out the local nationals in humanitarian ways instead of whacking them. But that is why we have a military, so that if somebody whacks us we can whack back.
Don't like the war?? Write a letter to your pol. Better yet, RUN FOR OFFICE YOURSELF! And then bust your hump to effect change that all of us little people can be proud of.
We need to stop being the worlds policeman, savior, handholder and take care of our own first.
Phew!!
I get to drive the ambulance how fast?!!

SailMan

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 pm

Intubater69 wrote: I like many of my brothers and sisters joined the military because we didnt really have any other options available to us and we wanted to serve our country. And now I serve my fellow americans as a paramedic, and have also served as a volly firefighter.
Thank you.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Zaphod....Agreed.....i have a feeling we are both men of Honor, and i will grant you the choice of time, and day...

I will pick the Whisky.....Ten-High, Plastic Bottle, Playa-temp.

and although we disagree, we can share from that bottle, before battle, for after all, we are both burners, and that is something we can agree on, wholeheartedly, i'm sure...

Best of luck, and I will see you on the Playa....and as to assure you of my validity, i will be with root society again....not sure of placement, but look for the BFD (big fucking dome) and the tipi's...C'mon over and say hello....i'm doing construction, ask somebody, they'll find me...

Until then...
Frida Be You & Me

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Don't like the war?? Write a letter to your pol. Better yet, RUN FOR OFFICE YOURSELF! And then bust your hump to effect change that all of us little people can be proud of.
We need to stop being the worlds policeman, savior, handholder and take care of our own first.
True, true, true, and true. Wait, isn't that what Ron Paul is saying? Hey, Are you Ron Paul in disguise?! :D

Becoming involved on a local communtiy level is a good place to start if taking over the country seems like a monumentous task. Baby steps to running for office. The idea is quality leadership roles to effect non-violent change. Personally, I think I have too many skeltons in the closet to be a public figure that is scrutinized by our media. :roll:

Try volunteering for something for an hour first... soon enough you'll be wearing a suit, a smile, getting blowjobs for $4,500. Yay for overpriced sex! (sorry that was impulsive)

So anyway, bombing recruitment centers in Times Square = Bad... right? Even if you have a manifesto.

Chopping off captives heads = bad... right? Even if it is your job and you feel justified.

Releasing verbal eplaya aggression in Thunderdome = good! Even if you're drunk on piss warm Ten High. Though, I cannot condone Thunderdome battling in any way as I would be way too chicken to get in there. Have fun gents! :P

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Zaphod....Agreed.....i have a feeling we are both men of Honor, and i will grant you the choice of time, and day...

I will pick the Whisky.....Ten-High, Plastic Bottle, Playa-temp.

and although we disagree, we can share from that bottle, before battle, for after all, we are both burners, and that is something we can agree on, wholeheartedly, i'm sure...

Best of luck, and I will see you on the Playa....and as to assure you of my validity, i will be with root society again....not sure of placement, but look for the BFD (big fucking dome) and the tipi's...C'mon over and say hello....i'm doing construction, ask somebody, they'll find me...
Excellent. Root Society. I think we're freeballing it this year instead of camping with a group, but the plan is to volunteer at the airport for at least a couple of days.

Pugil-fighting was my single military enjoyment and I got pretty good at it. I had an instructor who was this ink black, utterly fatless giant, lean and ropey like an HR Giger painting. He had a speech impedement so his voice was like a cross between Darth Vader and Mike Tyson.

He'd grab you by the facemask, pull your heads until they slammed together, get right up in people's face and roar "You freakin Marineeenthe thtop fighting like freakin' thithyth!" and push you away, and one time, in the instant it took me to think "Heh. Now, thath funny" the other dude knocked me the fuck out.

-zb
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:03 pm

that ith funny :wink:

cool.....see ya there amigo...
Frida Be You & Me

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:26 am

wow.

lurker

Post by lurker » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 am

Damn well it's all to be settled in thunderdome, and me just waiting to wonder about this--
If the government could have fooled the entire world (except for a bunch of screeching conspiracy idiots and a few enlightened people like yourself) they would have planted WMD and vindicated themselves
Is there a truther answer to this? Never heard one yet. If 'they' could pull off 9/11, surely 'they' would have handled this far easier task.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 am

The assumption is that those who rise to the top of the world's mightiest government don't make big mistakes. Everything is proceeding according to plan.

lurker

Post by lurker » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:29 am

Ah, so they planned on looking like major screw-ups.

You know, this actually makes sense.

The 'right' screws up, turns the whole country on it's head and discredits everything about the so-called 'conservative' movement. This leads to the 'left' winning their way into office so they can implement all manner of intrusive statist legislation in the name of 'fixing' intrusive statist legislation like the Patriot Act.

Laws are passed to keep the 'right' from doing any of this again, the state expands and we are all hung out to dry.

Meanwhile the 'left' and 'right' share a big laugh at how we were bamboozled into giving away control of our lives. They stay rich and powerful and we get told how things are better now in all the sanctioned media.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:34 am

Evil or Stupid?

Gee, I guess this time... (putting finger in ear) ...we're stoopid.... Gawsh...

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Their loss.

Return to “Philosophical Center”