Advice to the Virgin Burner

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
DaBomb

Advice to the Virgin Burner

Post by DaBomb » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:04 pm

[youtube]
[/youtube]

This lastest episode of http://BURNcast.tv is up and in it some members of Camp Homeslice offer some advice to the virgin burner.

So far in the past 21 episodes of http://BURNcast.tv we've nailed all the main pieces of advice:

- Wear sunscreen
- Drink or bring lots of water
- Participate!
- Wear costumes
- Go naked

I'm just wondering what are some other creative and original pearls of wisdom you can offer to the virgin burner?
Love & Rockets,
DaBomb
http://www.BURNcast.tv

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:59 am

Rebarring/securing your tent & structures....AND making it safe with flourescent markers and endcaps.
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:13 pm

And read, read, read. Pack neatly as well.

hsdavis

Post by hsdavis » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:41 pm

The best advice I will offer is to be yourself. Do not go with the idea that you have to dress like everyone else to fit in. If you are comfortable in a tuxedo, then that will be appropriate for the playa. I have seen so many newbies try to fit in by dressing and acting how they think other expect them to. Do the unexpected and do what makes YOU comfortable. As far as nakedness, approach this at your own pace if at all. Don't do anything that you feel is not right for you. Burning Man will give you an opportunity to hit head-on any of your fears and you will find that in almost ever case you will be a better person when you leave. Keep an open mind and have the time of your life!

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm

hsdavis wrote:The best advice I will offer is to be yourself. Do not go with the idea that you have to dress like everyone else to fit in. If you are comfortable in a tuxedo, then that will be appropriate for the playa. I have seen so many newbies try to fit in by dressing and acting how they think other expect them to. Do the unexpected and do what makes YOU comfortable. As far as nakedness, approach this at your own pace if at all. Don't do anything that you feel is not right for you. Burning Man will give you an opportunity to hit head-on any of your fears and you will find that in almost ever case you will be a better person when you leave. Keep an open mind and have the time of your life!

What hsdavis SAID...
8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 pm

bring TWICE as many cigarettes that you think you will need.

winter coat.....seriously.
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Philosophical Center”