This is for all threads to goto about www.stopburningman.org

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:03 pm

That better be real mayonnaise!

Doesn't smell like mayonnaise!

Where were you last night?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

bob is right. no way Frog pond water table can be effected

Postby allanon2 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:13 pm

they are on two totally seperate water tables
and across one err 2 vallies.
no way frog ponds water table can be effected. lets keep our facts straight.

about will I/We get involved?
we shall see. But as you say pick one fight at a time and when i finish with BLM and BMORG by making them follows the rules I/we might get involved?

Bob wrote:Please feel free to cite your eplaya junior deputy badge number and what authority you've been been given to chase people off the BBS.

Or anything to support your brilliant understanding of how the proposed project will affect the "watertable" at "Frogpond".
Last edited by allanon2 on Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allanon2

Postby Badger » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:05 pm

But as you say pick [one] fight at a time and when i finish with BLM and BMORG by makign them follows the rules I/we might get involved?

<howling!>

BTW, ever seen a Jack Russell terrier go after a rat or a favorite squeakie toy?

If you have then you'll have seen the future. Your future.

Kisses.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Isotopia » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:30 pm

lets keep our facts straight.

Yeh.

Yeh.... let's keep 'em straight.

BTW doctor, how about letting the rest of us know when you've gotten around to healing yourself.
Isotopia

Re: bob is right. no way Frog pond water table can be effect

Postby rodent » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:41 pm

allanon2 wrote:they are on two totally sperate water tables
and across one err 2 vallies.
no way frog ponds water table can be effected. lets keep our facts straight.

about will I/We get involved?
we shall see. But as you say pick oen fight at a time and when i finish with BLM and BMORG by makign them follows the rules I/we might get involved?

Ok, enough is enough. Review your posts or get a spell checker. This is getting to be too much. Noone will take you seriously, at all, till you learn to edit your posts. If you and/or your group propose legal action, petition, activism or serious political movement, your lack of communication skills (or at least typing skills) will be your downfall.

I have been guilty of the occasional typo, but you make yourself look foolish and clueless. Your message is becoming clouded by your linguistic mistakes.

To reinterate, before you hit that "submit" button, scroll back and reread your post. Try to correct any typo's, rewrite any awkward sentences, make sure that the response is even needed (not just a response to someone trying to "feed the troll"). Do this, and people may begin to take you more seriously.

Hey, I'm trying to help.
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:38 pm

Jeezzz,

and people were talking about me.

:lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby dirtydusty » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This is the mayo thread - remember??? Please don't compromise the ultra high quality standards of never ending, pure velvety smoothness we are trying to acheive here. Thank You!
dirtydusty

Postby aforceforgood » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:46 pm

What!? It's an energy plant?!

But... but... the nice Sempra people promised me it was going to be a mayonaise plant!

That's just so mean... how could anyone be that heartless as to lie about mayonaise...
Be the dime you seek.
aforceforgood

Postby aforceforgood » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:48 pm

May the mayonaise be with you.
Be the dime you seek.
aforceforgood

Postby aforceforgood » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:50 pm

Beef.

It's what's going to make you jerk around like a spastic, go insane, and crap your pants if it's what's for dinner.

But at least mayonaise will make it taste better.
Be the dime you seek.
aforceforgood

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:01 am

Thing I can't figure out is why you guys quote allanon where he is wrong
or has spelled wrong and you never do that with me. Even when I ask to quote me you never do.

How am I supposed to improve myself? With mayonaise?

Hmmm! :?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Re: bob is right. no way Frog pond water table can be effect

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:38 am

rodent wrote:....To reinterate, before you hit that "submit" button, scroll back and reread your post....

In the land of the blond, the wan-eyed man is asking for it.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:16 am

allanon2 wrote: all you can ever do is bash people?
and bluebird what do you knwo about powerplants?
]
I would like to point out that the first slinging of mayonaisse and other rotteness in this metathread was the sheep remark on the stomponbmorgy website.
BlueBirdPoof

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:13 pm

Badger wrote:BTW, ever seen a Jack Russell terrier go after a rat or a favorite squeakie toy?

ObX-Files: Remember Scully's Pomeranian, Queequeg? Yappy little cuss ate its first owner's remains, as I recall, before Scully adopted it and took it along on a trip to the Georgia backwaters. Tried to rat out a swamp monster and got snuffed. Must be a metaphor here somewhere.

Bob

Postby talisen » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:50 pm

DVD Burner wrote:and people were talking about me.

Still are it seems. A bit transparent don't you think?
talisen

Postby III » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:05 pm

- 1 c Salad oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika

Beat egg with a rotary beater until slightly thick; add 1 teaspoon oil at a time beating well after each addition, until 1/3 cup has been added. Add a few drops lemon. The mixture should be quite thick and perfectly smooth. If it isn't you added the oil too quick or didn't beat it enough. Continue to add the oil and acid alternately until it's used up. Add seasonings to taste. Store covered in the refrigerator.
III

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:27 pm

A bit off the mayo topic but it does include the creamy goodness that is Hellmann's

My Mother's Tuna Salad
1 (12-ounce) can StarKist solid white albacore tuna in
water
1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
4 large ribs celery, peeled and finely chopped
hard-boiled eggs, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles, with their juice
tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon celery salt or more to taste
1 teaspoon
McCormick Season-All or more to taste
6 dashes Tabasco
Cracked pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Drain the tuna,
place it in a bowl and break it up with a fork. Add 1/4 cup
of mayonnaise and blend well. Mix in the remaining
ingredients, and add the rest of the mayonnaise. Check for
celery salt, Season-All, salt and pepper. This is better if
it sits at least one hour before serving.

BTW, Yield: About 3 cups.
Last edited by Badger on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

wow badger thankyou for the death threat

Postby allanon2 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:36 pm

Did you know what you just said could be taken as a death threat?
I will of course add this to my others one I have.
saved files are a wonderfulthing. Plus i know your real name and where you work
thank you for this pleasent thought you gave me.

Badger wrote:
But as you say pick [one] fight at a time and when i finish with BLM and BMORG by makign them follows the rules I/we might get involved?

<howling!>

BTW, ever seen a Jack Russell terrier go after a rat or a favorite squeakie toy?

If you have then you'll have seen the future. Your future.

Kisses.
allanon2

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:02 pm

Rex:
I wonder what Manny Barbara & Barry Whittall will say about all this.

Think about it. Carefully.

Silence has it's distinct advantages.

Signed:
He Hate Me

ahh now blackmail. how nice :)

Postby allanon2 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:29 pm

Yep Barry is my principal and Manny my superentendent.

ahh so now i can add blackmail to my list of illegalities performned against me
and now that my name was used its full illegal.
escpeaily if BMORG does nothing about it.
thank you for making my point

lets see if BMORG does anything if not then they are agreeing to this illegal blackmail and threats.
saved electronic files hold up in court.

ttyl
rex

Allanon03 wrote:Rex:

Signed:
He Hate Me
allanon2

andi bet epliya has a Ip address log

Postby allanon2 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:43 pm

which means it can be traced back to the set of host computers that wrote this email.

wow this could turn into a crime with jail time, and restraining orders.

just a FYI

so BMORG you goign to do anyhting about blatent crimes being comitted on your property?
email threats and blackmail have been shown to hold up in court.

Please contact me if you are going to do so
rexscates@sbcglobal.net

Allanon03 wrote:Rex:

Signed:
He Hate Me
Last edited by allanon2 on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
allanon2

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:07 pm

Blackmail? Threats?

Your perception is not important to me. What is of importance are the questions I have asked of your principal and superintendent. Those questions are:

1: What is the district's policy for staff running a business or side project while on district time, or being paid by the district?
2: Are you as a teacher actually using district (and taxpayer funded) assets to promote your agenda?
3: A quick review of your post times on this board have me suspicious that you are using district time to peruse the various boards and media outlets in the interest of furthering your cause. Is this activity happening during break times, or is it during class time meaning you are neglecting your students?
4: If you are posting while using the school district's computers or ISP services, how does the district feel about having their resources used to launch attacks on the Burning Man LLC? Are they prepared to accept the legal ramifications of your actions using their equipment and services?

I could go on and on but my first point should be clear. I am not out to blackmail you, I am simply asking you to be a good steward of taxpayer funds, to follow the policies of your district, to not use public tax dollars and school district equipment for personal use, and to launch your attacks on your own dime, not that of the public.

In other words if your part in StopBM is run on your own time and without using district equipment or the ISP, then there is no issue. But if you are using the district's equipment you are leaving them wide open for legal action. As a California taxpayer my main interest is making sure every dollar spent goes towards the children, not towards your StopBM agenda. And if that's threatening or blackmail then so be it. Children come first!

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:35 pm

Did you know what you just said could be taken as a death threat?
I will of course add this to my others one I have.
saved files are a wonderfulthing. Plus i know your real name and where you work thank you for this pleasent thought you gave me.

And thank you for more guffaws.

BTW, a clue for you....

Metaphor \Met"a*phor\, n. [F. m['e]taphore, L. metaphora, fr.
Gr. ?, fr. ? to carry over, transfer; meta` beyond, over +
fe`rein to bring, bear.] (Rhet.)
The transference of the relation between one set of objects
to another set for the purpose of brief explanation; a
compressed simile; e. g., the ship plows the sea. --Abbott &
Seeley. ``All the world's a stage.'' --Shak.

Knight takes queen.

Your move my tight scalped, little dumbling.
Last edited by Badger on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:41 pm

Jeesh.

A schoolteacher? Who'd he have to dick to get that job?

Bob

good questions and my response

Postby allanon2 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:09 am

[quote="Allanon03"]Blackmail? Threats?

Your perception is not important to me. What is of importance are the questions I have asked of your principal and superintendent. Those questions are:

1: What is the district's policy for staff running a business or side project while on district time, or being paid by the district?

if its done at my school its just writing emails. this si defintly not a business or s side project. more of a corespondance. i get paid to teach and i teach 5 peroids a day. As far as I know we aer allowed to do email and other associated things using the school computers actualyall the ones in my classroom i bought so they are my property.

2: Are you as a teacher actually using district (and taxpayer funded) assets to promote your agenda?

maybe the internet bandwidth, but then again i am about the only teacher that uses the internet to actualy help my students on a daily basis. See above as far i know we canuse the internet on our own time. Heck my principal does and I bet stanford allows their workers to use the the computers on their own time also. Actualy i know they do as my friend is gettign his PHD in astrophysics at stanford and he can use his computer and internet during his labtime.

3: A quick review of your post times on this board have me suspicious that you are using district time to peruse the various boards and media outlets in the interest of furthering your cause. Is this activity happening during break times, or is it during class time meaning you are neglecting your students?

nope my students never get lax time. they woudlactualy like it if i wasn't always havign them do somethign productive. If i do usethe internet during school hours of which i am their between7 and 5 every day. (about 2 hours more than almost all other teachers) i use it when i am not in class with students.

4: If you are posting while using the school district's computers or ISP services, how does the district feel about having their resources used to launch attacks on the Burning Man LLC? Are they prepared to accept the legal ramifications of your actions using their equipment and services?

they are not attacks. you migth take it that way but defintly not attacks. they know i was on the radio KCBS heck i told them incase any one called for me :)
some people might take it as attacks must it is not meant to be that way. in fact it is realated to life science and ecology both are which in the 7th grade curriculum. If a email was ever sent from school I was not represetign the school district in any way. I can make personal phone calls and send personal emails from school.

So are stanford computers and internet acess being used to give me death threats? that would be a interestign thing to look into.
thank you for the idea. I will suggest that to BM LLC to look into.

ttyl
rex

and by the way this can still be taken as blackmail as you threatned a action that you would do if I did not stop.
as far as i know that is the defination of blackmail.you do this or i will do this.
allanon2

riddle

Postby technopatra » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:17 am

You know what goes good with threat-baiting, unsuccessful-appeal-applying, media-blowing, sadly inadequate, partially-literate attention-seekers?

MAYO!
technopatra

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:52 am

Rex:
There's no need to mince words here. The district will most likely investigate your actions as a result of our claims. If you complied with the district policies then you have nothing to worry about and you will be able to defend your position with ease. However....if you have violated the rules as I suspect is the case, then the district will likely move to protect their interests and chose to not renew your contract for '04-'05.

You might want to brush up on those resume skills. And it it comes to pass that your contract is not renewed there's no one to blame but yourself. Quit looking for scapegoats online, step into the bathroom and look in the mirror. Congratulations, you found the culprit!

And as you scour over this looking for legal issues to fire back at us remember this one salient point: almost everything tastes better with a little mayo:

Rex, please remember the most important thing about being a teacher today. It's ALL about the children. If you are not totally focused on giving our kids the best education possible and making the most of the resources provided, you don't need to be teaching. Quit wasting our tax dollars and focus on giving our children your very best. They deserve nothing less.

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:23 am

Everyone on this thread has the wrong approach to any kind of solution about all topics on this thread.

Hey,
as usual it will take all of you about 2 months to figure out what the hell I'm talking about. however, when any of you decide that you want to be realistic about what you want to do about approaching a solution, (if either side really wants to. ) let me know. (even though I'm sure you wont.)

Yeah, ummm huh.

Ask.

I'm sure you'll ignore my suggestion and play me as a joke as you do from time to time. Usually concluding wrong, but hey, it's up to you.

have fun for awhile and keep up the mayo.......I think it's fun and a great read but when you feel that you are ready to work it all out let me know.

:lol:

(not trying to kill any kind of fun here and sorry if it seems that way.)

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 am

Despite the fact that Rex has suggested doing the same with me over my alleged 'death threat' - written on a Sunday, from home, using a personal account - I can't help but feeling pretty icky when below-the-belt shots are fired at someone else because you don't agree with their opinion. True forums and exchanges of ideas avoid such infantile behavior.

Though I have no qualms about challenges to my personal posts (frankly, we're above such pettiness here where I work/study) other folks aren't quite so lucky and possible detrimental effects can ensue when people start fucking around from the outside. I'd ask Allanon3 to reconsider what s/he's trying to do in notifying any person Rex may be associated with in his a professional capacity outside the arena of the e-playa. There could be a very real, very ugly impact on someone's livelyhood and the debate thus far isn't worth that in my mind.

I make absolutely no pretense in having a very palatable contempt towards Rex and his group but to suggest screwing around with the man's employer/employment goes way, way too far for me.

In the end all Rex has really done is expressed a series of opinions albeit badly that many of us disagree with. He does not deserve to be fucked with on the level which is being suggested. I'd hope that Allanon3 would reconsider his ideas.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

badger please read.

Postby allanon2 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:23 am

badger I just reread all my comments from sunday and could not see what comment you took could be considerd to cause you harm. would you please let me know? and if there is one I have no problems takign it back cause i don't think any say i want to cause you physcial harm. legal harm maybe but not physical.

Badger I don't have any issue with you as long as you stop the personal assaults.
That is why ia asked BMORG to asked all the parties to watch what they say.

and no badger i did not write any death threat about you.
the dog and toy comment could be considerd one against me.
i did say that you gave me one and that it could be considerd illegal.

I do expect many peopel here to hate me which is fine but when it crosses certain boundaries as direct things about me being harmned i have to comment and inform.

ttyl
rex

Badger wrote:Despite the fact that Rex has suggested doing the same with me over my alleged 'death threat' - written on a Sunday, from home, using a personal account - I can't help but feeling pretty icky when below-the-belt shots are fired at someone else because you don't agree with their opinion. True forums and exchanges of ideas avoid such infantile behavior.

Though I have no qualms about challenges to my personal posts (frankly, we're above such pettiness here where I work/study) other folks aren't quite so lucky and possible detrimental effects can ensue when people start fucking around from the outside. I'd ask Allanon3 to reconsider what s/he's trying to do in notifying any person Rex may be associated with in his a professional capacity outside the arena of the e-playa. There could be a very real, very ugly impact on someone's livelyhood and the debate thus far isn't worth that in my mind.

I make absolutely no pretense in having a very palatable contempt towards Rex and his group but to suggest screwing around with the man's employer/employment goes way, way too far for me.

In the end all Rex has really done is expressed a series of opinions albeit badly that many of us disagree with. He does not deserve to be fucked with on the level which is being suggested. I'd hope that Allanon3 would reconsider his ideas.
allanon2

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophical Center