i cant believe this one....

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
User avatar
pandasex
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: ohio
Contact:

i cant believe this one....

Post by pandasex » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

so i was looking for some info on that discovery channel at BM stuff on the net and ran into this


http://www.playazon.com/survival/00.html



im speechless
tell me your thoughts
I have post playa depression :(

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 14696
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Post by Elderberry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm

That site's been around at least since last year. Here's an interesting item

http://www.playazon.com/transport/coyote.html

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

User avatar
pandasex
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: ohio
Contact:

Post by pandasex » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:30 pm

my question is who is making the money? and how are they doing it without getting sued?
I have post playa depression :(

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8475
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Post by Sham » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Those Harvey Hut tokens are the best! I always buy extra and pass them out as gifts to distressed burners needing a nice clean place to unload!
There are some very practical things on that site.

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 pm

pandasex wrote:my question is who is making the money? and how are they doing it without getting sued?
Apparently it is a rogue outfit that cannot be sued. They are unsueable.

I bought some of the matches... so fucking cool! or would that be, "so fucking hot!"

(mofo's and they know who they are, got me on 4-1-07)
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
Posts: 20197
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:23 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Location: Wild, Wild West
Contact:

Post by AntiM » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 pm

This never ceases to be funny.

User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
Posts: 5323
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:32 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD
Location: my computer

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm

I bought a Harvey hat, and some tokens - smae as last year. The tokens come in handy.

User avatar
pizzamancer
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:56 pm
Burning Since: 2008

Post by pizzamancer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:58 pm

I found that last year in preparation for my first Burning Man. Made me think quite a bit.
Image

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8475
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Post by Sham » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 am

I always wait for their big April 1st sale to buy all my supplies from them. I would be a fool to pay full price and buy that stuff any other time.
Harvey Huts rock----especially in the wind storms!
:roll:

User avatar
princesspisces
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: The Booby Bar

Post by princesspisces » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 am

This is my personal favorite.

http://www.playazon.com/swag/viewmaster.html

User avatar
Bounce530
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 am
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad
Location: Still stalking BDV

Post by Bounce530 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 am

You must get the blue cheese lube, it sounds nasty, but once you try it....

Now if only their R&D dept would hurry up with the buffalo hot wings edible undies.
What other people think about you is none of your business.

User avatar
princesspisces
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: The Booby Bar

Post by princesspisces » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:38 am

Holy edible undies Batman!
I wonder if they will come in other flavors aside from buffalo hot wings? Maybe bbq ribs? Pulled pork? Meatloaf? Bacon?

The possibilities are endless.

Does the lube come in Ranch?

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Post by Sail Man » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 pm

princesspisces wrote:Does the lube come in Ranch?
Just honey, it help's with adhesion to the playa dust. :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
ism
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Santa Fe NM

Post by ism » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 am

Heh heh, pink merkin with flashlight. That rocks.
Glass half empty-glass half full...I look at the radius of the rim and try to figure it's index of refraction. Wassat make me?

User avatar
geospyder
Posts: 1830
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Location: South of the Playa

Post by geospyder » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Shambala wrote:Those Harvey Hut tokens are the best! I always buy extra and pass them out as gifts to distressed burners needing a nice clean place to unload!
There are some very practical things on that site.
Virgin question - I hear about the long lines for the outhouses. Like most other events I presume you stay in line until 'your turn' and then take what ever is available. In the case of the Harvey Hut - are you still in the line and then wait for a Harvey Hut to open or do you go straight to an open harvey Hut without standing in line?
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
Posts: 20197
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:23 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Location: Wild, Wild West
Contact:

Post by AntiM » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Oh, I couldn't move my bowels unless I could go straight into the premium Harvey Huts! No waiting with the tokens... in fact, they give you more head of the line privileges than advertised! nudge, nudge, wink wink.

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 14696
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I've never seen a Harvey Hut on the playa; but then I wasn't ever looking for them. Actually, if you plan on hitting the porta potties in the morning right after the cleaning truck goes by and it hasn't gotten too hot yet, they aren't that bad, and I have never seen a line.

But now that I know about the Harvey Huts, I might just buy some of those tokens just in case. Even if I don't use them, they'd make great gifts, from what I hear.

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8475
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Post by Sham » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:15 pm

geospyder wrote:
Shambala wrote:Those Harvey Hut tokens are the best! I always buy extra and pass them out as gifts to distressed burners needing a nice clean place to unload!
There are some very practical things on that site.
Virgin question - I hear about the long lines for the outhouses. Like most other events I presume you stay in line until 'your turn' and then take what ever is available. In the case of the Harvey Hut - are you still in the line and then wait for a Harvey Hut to open or do you go straight to an open harvey Hut without standing in line?
There are usually lots of porta potties in each area. People usually mill around and wait should it be crowded and not form a line. You can choose the one you want to use and not forced or expected to use one that was violated. For the most part, they are in pretty good condition. In other words, don't sweat things, you will have a happy potty to use! :D

Let me add a bit more graphics. The potties have urinals in them, so if you pee-pee while standing, any hut will do. There are pee funnels for the ladies as well. See Pee Funnel Camp! If you need to sit down for the occassion, then choose a nice clean one for yourself. Again, you will have the option to pick and choose the one you like!

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Post by ygmir » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Shambala wrote:
geospyder wrote:
Shambala wrote:Those Harvey Hut tokens are the best! I always buy extra and pass them out as gifts to distressed burners needing a nice clean place to unload!
There are some very practical things on that site.
Virgin question - I hear about the long lines for the outhouses. Like most other events I presume you stay in line until 'your turn' and then take what ever is available. In the case of the Harvey Hut - are you still in the line and then wait for a Harvey Hut to open or do you go straight to an open harvey Hut without standing in line?
There are usually lots of porta potties in each area. People usually mill around and wait should it be crowded and not form a line. You can choose the one you want to use and not forced or expected to use one that was violated. For the most part, they are in pretty good condition. In other words, don't sweat things, you will have a happy potty to use! :D

Let me add a bit more graphics. The potties have urinals in them, so if you pee-pee while standing, any hut will do. There are pee funnels for the ladies as well. See Pee Funnel Camp! If you need to sit down for the occassion, then choose a nice clean one for yourself. Again, you will have the option to pick and choose the one you like!
I might add, that, I take a squirt bottle of lysol, clean the seat, use it, and then leave it clean for the next person........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
gaminwench
Posts: 2904
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge
Location: Shangri-la

Post by gaminwench » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:13 am

I wanna pee after YOU!!! Ygmir, such a gentleman....

User avatar
oneeyeddick
Posts: 5592
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Location: Probably in your pants

Post by oneeyeddick » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 am

For those that have to sit down, there is nothing like sitting down and having someone elses piss 10 inches from thier face in a nice wet urinal.

pee funnels only make it worse by adding females piss to the mix.

the "nicest" thing to do is lift the lid and seat, and pee directly into the JOTS tank, whether you are using your dick or a pee funnel.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Toolmaker
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Toolmaker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 am

Last year I did my peepee in a container to dump in the porta at my leisure.

I pooped on newsprint and tossed it into a burn barrel to ease the workload at the portapotties.

Since we are evolving why dont we just give out pee and poop to the watersport and scat folks?
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 am

oneeyeddick wrote:For those that have to sit down, there is nothing like sitting down and having someone elses piss 10 inches from thier face in a nice wet urinal.

pee funnels only make it worse by adding females piss to the mix.

the "nicest" thing to do is lift the lid and seat, and pee directly into the JOTS tank, whether you are using your dick or a pee funnel.
The joke is thats not a urinal, its a sink, with a round bar of soap. And for those that go to "take a shit".. don't take any of mine. I have left them and do not want my shits taken. Thank you.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Post by ygmir » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 am

gaminwench wrote:I wanna pee after YOU!!! Ygmir, such a gentleman....
well, certainly, feel free to follow me............glad to help........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 am

ygmir wrote:
gaminwench wrote:I wanna pee after YOU!!! Ygmir, such a gentleman....
well, certainly, feel free to follow me............glad to help........

(the above is why the world thinks Burners are kinky.)
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
Boijoy
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:51 pm
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart
Location: Metro Mart. 4:30 Plaza

Post by Boijoy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 am

Last year they had a " mobile " Harvey Hut... came by my camp at 8 am every day.. JUST in time for my morning poo.. Costs an extra token though.
don't forget to floss

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Post by ygmir » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 am

wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote:
gaminwench wrote:I wanna pee after YOU!!! Ygmir, such a gentleman....
well, certainly, feel free to follow me............glad to help........

(the above is why the world thinks Burners are kinky.)
your point is.....................
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am

ygmir wrote:
wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote: well, certainly, feel free to follow me............glad to help........

(the above is why the world thinks Burners are kinky.)
your point is.....................
no point, just felt like posting sumtin'

reminds me of one of the first jokes I ever heard. kid in school says to the teacher that he needs to go to the bathroom. She says not until he spells Mississippi. so he spells mississii. She says what happened to the pp, he says "its running down my leg".

at 10 years old I would fall down laughing.

Oh, another from that day on that subject..

French airlines, man asks the stewardess if the bathroom is in the back of the plane, the stewardess replies, "Wee Wee!", the man replies, "no poo poo".
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
geospyder
Posts: 1830
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Location: South of the Playa

Post by geospyder » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I can't believe this one took me sooooo long - 6 hours and 14 minutes :oops:
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

User avatar
ism
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Santa Fe NM

Post by ism » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 am

Boijoy wrote:Last year they had a " mobile " Harvey Hut... came by my camp at 8 am every day.. JUST in time for my morning poo.. Costs an extra token though.
You time your dumps? That seems odd to me...
Glass half empty-glass half full...I look at the radius of the rim and try to figure it's index of refraction. Wassat make me?

Post Reply

Return to “Philosophical Center”