Center Camp Couch Slasher Sells Couch Cushion Shawls on EBay

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
DoriumLux

Center Camp Couch Slasher Sells Couch Cushion Shawls on EBay

Post by DoriumLux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:26 am

Priceless. Dude is trying to fund his BM trip by selling shawls made from a center camp couch he slashed last year.

"DEAREST FRIENDS, I AM A SAN DIEGO BASED ARTIST WHO WENT TO BURNING MAN LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME,IT WAS AMAZING,TO SAY THE LEAST.MY FIRST NIGHT THERE I LOST MY CAMP AND WAS LOST FOR LIKE 8 HOURS,VERY HUMBLING.AS THE NIGHT CAME APON ME IT BECAME VERY COLD,I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION OF WERE TO STAY.I WENT INTO CENTER CAMP TO SLEEP WITH THE REST OF THE FOLKS,BUT EVERYONE HAD CONSUMED THE COUCH CUSHIONS, I WAS FREEZING.I CAME UP WITH AN IDEA,...........SO I TOOK MY POCKET KNIFE OUT AND CUT OPEN A COUCH CUSHION TO FASHION MYSELF A SHAW.I WORE THAT STUPID CUSHION COVER MY ENTIRE TRIP,IT HAD NEW MEANING TO ME.IT WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLEASE-READ-A-SPECI ... tsupported

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 am

Again? I thought eBay bounced this very same auction last year at the BMORG's request.

Whatta ass.

gyre

The entire text

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:13 am

DEAREST FRIENDS, I AM A SAN DIEGO BASED ARTIST WHO WENT TO BURNING MAN LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME,IT WAS AMAZING,TO SAY THE LEAST.MY FIRST NIGHT THERE I LOST MY CAMP AND WAS LOST FOR LIKE 8 HOURS,VERY HUMBLING.AS THE NIGHT CAME APON ME IT BECAME VERY COLD,I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION OF WERE TO STAY.I WENT INTO CENTER CAMP TO SLEEP WITH THE REST OF THE FOLKS,BUT EVERYONE HAD CONSUMED THE COUCH CUSHIONS, I WAS FREEZING.I CAME UP WITH AN IDEA,...........SO I TOOK MY POCKET KNIFE OUT AND CUT OPEN A COUCH CUSHION TO FASHION MYSELF A SHAW.I WORE THAT STUPID CUSHION COVER MY ENTIRE TRIP,IT HAD NEW MEANING TO ME.IT WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL!

WHEN I LEFT I PACKED THAT STUPID OL THING IN WITH THE REST OF MY BROKEN PLAYA GEAR,I OPEN THAT DUST BOX WHEN EVER IM SAD,IT MAKES ME SMILE.

SO WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT??????????

I TOOK MY SHAW AND CUT IT INTO 2X2 STRIPS AND PUT PLAYA DUST IN A NICE BAG WITH A SMALL LITTLE GIFT.HA,HA YES IM GIFTING YOU;)AND WRAPPED IT ALL UP IN 1950'S TYPE MAGAZINES.I MEDITATED OVER EACH ONE OF THESE,IN HOPES THAT IT WILL BRING GOODNESS TO YOUR LIFE,IM SENDING YOU ENERGY.

IF YOU THINK THAT ALL OF THIS IS MUMBO JUMBO,THATS FINE.

BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT THAN YOU KNOW!

THIS ISNT ABOUT MONEY,THIS IS ABOUT FINDING A WAY TO GO TO A PLACE MY SOUL NEEDS.

WITH ONLY 2 MONTHS AWAY IM DOING THIS TO HELP BUY NEW SUPPLIES,A GEODESIC DOME I WANT TO BUILD AND MAYBE A USED GENERATOR.++++REMEMBER YOU "CAN" DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO AND THAT IS WHAT IM TRYING TO DO.THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS,AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF

IM LISTING THESE FOR 10 DOLLARS AND SHIPPING IS FREE IN THE UNITED STATES.

I HAVE MADE 10 OF THESE LITTLE GIFTS AND WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THESE UNTIL I RUN OUT OF MY SHAW OR PLAYA DUST.

EACH ONE IS DIFFERENT.GIVE THESE TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT IN YOUR LIFE,OR BETTER YET STRANGERS.PAYPAL OK!

I STARTED OUT THINKING OF USING THIS IDEA TO CREATE A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY FOR THINGS I NEED AS STATED BEFORE BUT HAVE SINCE REALIZED THAT WHAT IM DOING SHOULD HAVE A BIGGER PURPOSE.

WITH THE SELLERS FEES IM PAYING AND SO ON IM NOT REALLY MAKING ANY MONEY,. BUT THE PURPOSE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME.

WHICH IS THIS....

I WOULD ASK OF YOU WHO BUY THESE TO " BRING TO THE TEMPLE "THIS YEAR ALONG WITH YOUR LOCATION I WILL COME VISIT,JUST SEEING THESE THERE WOULD BE A GIFT ENOUGH TO ME,AND IM BEING SINCERE.

IVE NOTICED OTHER SELLERS POSTING A VERY SIMILAR ADD AND HOPE THEY ARE CONTINUING THIS CIRCLE OF LOVE AND COMMUNITY.

THIS LISTING IS FOR MY PEOPLE.

I PLAN ON PAINTING ALL OF MY WONDERFUL NEW FRIENDS IN CETERCAMP THIS YEAR.HOPE TO MEET YOU.

(a n d n o i m n o t t h e d u d e w i t h t h e c a n d l e s o n h i s h e a d , b u t h e i s r a d !!!)

++++ART IS THE CLOSEST THING TO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I MEDITATED OVER EACH ONE OF THESE,IN HOPES THAT IT WILL BRING GOODNESS TO YOUR LIFE,IM SENDING YOU ENERGY.

I have a crappy tent that the doors ripped off of as soon as I set it up in 2005, if anyone is interested.
It is actually more dust than tent, really.
I might enjoy cutting that up....

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:18 am

I especially like the "contact the seller" feature ebay has. Of course, one must be a registered user to send messages, but who is not a registered user on ebay these days? Such a convenient way to send a personal message.

Yeah, I'd meditate over that.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:34 am

as a seamster and maker of cushions of all types i am deeply offended by the violent behavior towards these helpless, stuffed objects of comfort.

if i find this fucking hippy i'm going to gut him, and wear him around my neck, like a fox stole, all week, and then sell his smelly ass on ETSY.Com, because, who the fuck uses E-Bay these days anyways?
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:as a seamster and maker of cushions of all types i am deeply offended by the violent behavior towards these helpless, stuffed objects of comfort.

if i find this fucking hippy i'm going to gut him, and wear him around my neck, like a fox stole, all week, and then sell his smelly ass on ETSY.Com, because, who the fuck uses E-Bay these days anyways?
maybe some wallets and lampshades from the scrap....it'd be great swag..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:48 am

EBAY, aside from being the largest clearinghouse in the world of stolen goods can sell damn near anything.

My buddy Daymon sold a can of spam for 19 bucks.

I sold my roommates souls in college when EBAY first staarted.

if theres a buyer, then why not.

damn hippies

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:19 am

"Burning Man" is trademarked and the BMORG gets touchy when auctions using their logo turn up. The complaint can't come from burners, it must come from the owners of the trademark being infringed.

Branding, and you thought this was just a dusty camping trip, didn't you?

EB
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Asterix (3:45 and B in 2019)

Post by EB » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:46 am

AntiM wrote:"Branding, and you thought this was just a dusty camping trip, didn't you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Irony. You're soaking in it.

Bounce530
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Post by Bounce530 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 am

So the person wants you to buy this piece of dusty rag for 10 bucks then take it, and leave it at the temple? is that so the person can scoop it back up and sell it again next year?
I do remember the same listing from a year ago...
And here I have a job to pay for my trip, what an idiot I am...
What other people think about you is none of your business.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:51 am

I am a fool!! I "borrowed" one of the blue palaces and mounted it atop my truck so I wouldnt have to find rest stops on the way home. I could be making a mint cutting it up into little "sentimental" versions of the Man and the Temple and selling it on not just ebay but etsy as well. Hell, I coulda even thrown in a dusty square of single ply as well. What was I thinking?!? :roll:

:P
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:56 am

Some morons take street signs.

But when you get them home, you find they are only scrap wood off the playa.

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Because of my past history as a Ranger I can't (or shouldn't) suggest that someone needs to punch this guy in the throat before tossing him into a burn barrel.

The stuff he's trying to pass off on ebay is the epitome of pure shit.

Still, he serves a genuine purpose when you consider how well he sets an example of just how lame things can get. That and he si good for a laugh.
Desert dogs drink deep.

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:02 pm

No worse than that guy selling genuine Burning Man dirt.......
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

How much per gram did you get for your dirt.... I got millions for mine...and my monopoly board has a real lakeside now...

So, who's gonna do will call on the carpet scraps?? And bring their own knife??....
couch skin.
vs.
skin
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

I should start saving my nose taters.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Bob wrote:I should start saving my nose taters.
Don't forget your klingons, bonus if they have a fine aroma to them, with just a hint of playa dust :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

MozyBonz

Post by MozyBonz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Fuck you guys. That was ME…. I was just trying to sell some of my good vibe I got out of killing and skinning that fucking CUSHION …you fucking Snarky bastards…None of your couches will be safe

I’m SOMETHING SPECIAL you fucks. I need this.…Fuck now I need to MEDITATED OVER EACH ONE OF THESE, again IN HOPES THAT all of you didn’t fuck it up for me. I’m a real burner not one of you wana be a burners.

By the way the ones that have a butt skid marks on them are $15.95 and ones with spooge spots are $25.95. (Collect all ten for the whole stain.) This year I hope to collect more with Spooge Spots from theme camp couches. Simon said he could hook me up. I tried to do this a few years ago but them fuckers at Mash didn’t like me cutting their tent.

Because of great demand my new Cushion pelts web site is now up.

Don’t be haters…I’m just trying to get money to continue my stalking of AntiM…. She is so sexy.
I’m coming for her Larry… she will be mine …oh yes she will be mine.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm

um, mozy, we sorta burned the last batch of genetically infused cushions.

it was done with honor and respect though, considering the potentially MILLIONS of unborn babies that were present.

omfg......we committed super early pre-conceived abortions, but now we have seen the light, and if you show up on sunday afternoon, i'm sure we could get you something nice and fresh, possibly still sticky to sell to some poor, baby-less DINK couple who have given up on the turkey baster.
Frida Be You & Me

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm sure that this year there will be some cushions available by about Thursday that will be nice and ripe. After they have been well used for "parties" and sat on by 1000's of unwashed naked playafied buttcracks and other gnarly-bits.

Duuuuude, you could "gift" them to the fratboys that come on Friday in exchange for their girlfriends. It would be easy for a veteran burner to talk the girls away from their cologne covered "dates" Show the girls a REAL BurningMan time...
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 pm

ps.

it's pretty easy to tell the guy is full of shit, anyways..

c'mon, he's an ARTIST from SAN DIEGO?

please. if he had said encinada i MIGHT believe him.
Frida Be You & Me

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

LOL, Mozy ... I hope you are prepared. He is.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Badger wrote:Because of my past history as a Ranger I can't (or shouldn't) suggest that someone needs to punch this guy in the throat before tossing him into a burn barrel.
Well... I shouldn't suggest anything but you can meet him at the temple. It's free with purchase ;) Perhaps you two can meditate.

Also, he is using a picture of Nambla the Clown in his auction. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have permission.

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

As owner of said genetic material I want it back, i gave you no release for my release.

Please submit payment forthwith.

thank you for your cooperation

fuck your day

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 am

While we are on the subject of assclowns, gues who just popped up on San Francisco's craigslist. I'll be offering Muffin Forest a few of my extra tickets in an email in the morning, Wish me luck kids.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/wan/1202422325.html
"Tis better to be well disliked,
Than not liked at all."
Ned Kelly, 1884, Australian Outlaw.

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:19 am

Good luck .

One can never have too much Dakini energy .
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:07 am

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty wrote:While we are on the subject of assclowns, gues who just popped up on San Francisco's craigslist. I'll be offering Muffin Forest a few of my extra tickets in an email in the morning, Wish me luck kids.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/wan/1202422325.html
There has got to be some mistake. I thought she had already been gifted a ticket. :roll:

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 am

thats her cousin, laughing forest...

i believe they both are currently shacking up with the Spock Mountain research labs, if i'm not mistaken...

their snark has a distinct smell.
Frida Be You & Me

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 am

Solution -- put the EVERYBODY SHOULD VIDEO THE COUCH SLASHERS ALL THE TIME FOR YOUTUBE team on it. Give them a fucking art grant. Last time I went to Burning Man, it really struck me that there weren't enough FUCKING CAMERAS. Bring it on.

Fucking hippies.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 am

Feeling threatened, Bob?

Return to “Philosophical Center”