What would larry do ??

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
pandasex

What would larry do ??

Post by pandasex » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:15 pm

do you ever wonder what larry is doing in his spare time? Has he written any books or an activist super hero? Do you think he ever looks at the eplaya?
I have post playa depression :(

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 pm

He spends most of his time smoking crack cocaine and staring at all of the imported rugs he purchased with his profits from 2007.

LEAVE LARRY ALONE !!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

OnceTheDustClears

Post by OnceTheDustClears » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I think he's fat and happy.
And pleasantly surprised.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 am

I pretty much hope he doesn't read this board (although rumor says he does.) I find that there are advantages to being the red-headed, bastard step-child--a certain sort of freedom.
Based on his meaningless, college-softmore-trying-to-impress-people-smarter-than-he-is prose I really don't think he has much to offer this board, so I'm glad that he's only posted the once.
The whole "Cult of Larry" strikes me as more than a little silly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:22 am

smoke another cig

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

I saw The Hat near Center Camp this year. First time for me.

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:05 pm

there is a cult?? wow!

if i ever seen larry i would hand him a gift that i give everyone i meet and say thanks........

do some ppl do crazy shit to larry? :lol:

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 am

Larry works his ass off and is quite intelligent, even if given to sometimes using longer words than are completely necessary - don't we all have idiosyncrasies? Often when he's turning a phrase he's glossing on some interesting literary reference that I end up being curious about and tracking down, or making a goofy play on words, but heck, some people like language and turns of phrase.

He's just some guy, in the end. Drives me crazy sometime but he's also quite smart. Then again, I get to see more of him than those who just see his interviews, so perhaps I have more to like. Either way, I find it uncivil the way people will talk about others when they're behind their keyboards. Pity, really.

So don't be nasty, eh? He's not some avatar, he's a person, and he does indeed read the ePlaya, as you would too if you were in his shoes, probably. I'm sorry, not trying to be Mary Poppins here, but geez.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 am

i SO have the hots for julie andrews....

and this was WAY before i saw her tits.

who's larry?

mention mary poppins and i get all off topic.
Frida Be You & Me

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:29 am

:D
Hey, ActionGirl... Thanks for all that you do!

And while we have you "on the line" -- do you suppose we could hint to The Hatted One that he might want to get himself some teeth? Very embarrassing the way he appears in filmed interviews. (At least he wasn't chain smoking in the last one I saw, so there is progress!)

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

I daresay a man's teeth are his own business, but he did quit smoking. Hell, even I smoked at Burning Man this year and he didn't.

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 am

actiongrl wrote:Larry works his ass off and is quite intelligent, even if given to sometimes using longer words than are completely necessary - don't we all have idiosyncrasies? Often when he's turning a phrase he's glossing on some interesting literary reference that I end up being curious about and tracking down, or making a goofy play on words, but heck, some people like language and turns of phrase.

He's just some guy, in the end. Drives me crazy sometime but he's also quite smart. Then again, I get to see more of him than those who just see his interviews, so perhaps I have more to like. Either way, I find it uncivil the way people will talk about others when they're behind their keyboards. Pity, really.

So don't be nasty, eh? He's not some avatar, he's a person, and he does indeed read the ePlaya, as you would too if you were in his shoes, probably. I'm sorry, not trying to be Mary Poppins here, but geez.

I didnt know i was saying anything bad about the man ??????? or was that not geared towards me?[/i]

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 am

oh!

THAT larry....his themes tend to be amazingly prescient in hind-sight, huh...

but 'm still fixated on mary poppins tits, so i cant contemplate metropolis right now.
Frida Be You & Me

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 am

I am glad to hear that he has quit smoking. Very difficult to do, I understand. (I never started.) Three cheers for Larry!

Personal appearance is indeed one's own business, until one allows oneself to become a public voice for thousands of others -- who may not wish to be associated with the same type of bedraggled appearance. (In my community, there are two kinds of people; people with teeth, and people without teeth. Those with teeth are generally taken more seriously when they speak.)

That said, I meant to offer Mr. Harvey a friendly suggestion; not to order him around.

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 am

I guess the rest of the world will just have to accept that appearance, even though it's different from their expectation of proper. Me with my goofy red hair "at my age," Larry with his teeth, DPW guys with facial tattoos who are still erudite and learned, men in dresses, women in loincloths, and the rest of you lot.

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am

"...you lot."

I am delighted to have been accepted into "that lot" after only four burns!

Now onward to Metropolis!

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:51 am

actiongrl wrote:I guess the rest of the world will just have to accept that appearance, even though it's different from their expectation of proper. Me with my goofy red hair "at my age," Larry with his teeth, DPW guys with facial tattoos who are still erudite and learned, men in dresses, women in loincloths, and the rest of you lot.

i am ever so thankful that people (especially at burning man) do not LOOK a certain way or act a certain way. When i run into different people from all over the country and different countries, looking abstract or in homemade outfits, dancing like natives to the desert speaking in poems..............I live in Ohio where its "uncultured" "unoriginal" what i would call oppressed in certain areas (i was born and raised in southern California).

I cannot be thankful enough to the joy that DIFFERENCE and EXPRESSION that burning man has given to me the n00b :P

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 pm

I guess the rest of the world will just have to accept that appearance, even though it's different from their expectation of proper. Me with my goofy red hair "at my age," Larry with his teeth, DPW guys with facial tattoos who are still erudite and learned, men in dresses, women in loincloths, and the rest of you lot.
And me in my tube top, hot pants, cha-cha heels and harlot's hair.

i mean, what's there not to like?

actiongrl

What's not to like?

Post by actiongrl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Not a thing, love. Not a damn thing.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:13 pm

burning man is really all about accessorizing...

i've known that for years.
Frida Be You & Me

Artemis

Re: What would larry do ??

Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:36 pm

pandasex wrote:do you ever wonder what larry is doing in his spare time?
No

Boijoy
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

second time in two days that reading threads on e-playa has popped a song from Camelot into my head.. thanks for that ya'll.
don't forget to floss

Return to “Philosophical Center”