Playa Dreams

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

How often do you dream about the Playa?

Never (Psh, psychos!)
3%
Never (Psh, psychos!)
3%
Only once or twice ever
11%
Only once or twice ever
11%
At least once a month!
18%
At least once a month!
18%
Weekly! I love it!
11%
Weekly! I love it!
11%
Every night, its my life!
7%
Every night, its my life!
7%

Total votes: 100

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 am

Playa dream last night... too convoluted to explain, but it involved telling one guy he couldn't bring his go-karts and have a dust track for racing them, and letting newbs know who was a ranger and what they did... mostly indoors, or on a bus, but there were costumes and dust.

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 am

I had a dream last night....

Finally made it up there, pre-event, everyone was just parked all over the place. Think D-lot but no order at all. I met up with some friends and we were super excited. We finally noticed some trucks were starting to move so that meant gates were open. Just at that moment i realized that all i had brought was a duffel bag with a couple changes of clothes and my camel back. There was NO WAY i was driving home to get all my stuff.

Since i woke up this morning i have been worrying about going this year, damn brain.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

ChillyFire

Post by ChillyFire » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:41 pm

I had a dream, about three nights ago, or maybe two, they all mesh together. Excuse the length, but it was incredibly detailed.

{Dream time applies to the following situations, they were all before and after each other.}

I was on a beach, there was some strange art there, large things.

I was in the airport of the hospital from my dream the night before, with my mom and I getting on the plane (a big jet) to the playa. She said to me that she would meet me there later.

Then I was taking off from the beach in a small personal plane, and a ranger was flying. The thoughts that flowed through my head were along the lines of "wow this is an important plane. This ranger is a serious guy." there was a general feeling that the plane had some authority or significance.

{The following occurred in series, time was still dissolved.}

I was flying over BRC in the small plane, coming in for a landing. I had a flash vision (see this video opening http://current.com/items/89322039_the-burn.htm) of the map of the city, and I heard welcome to Burning Man 20?2. Wasn't certain if it was 2002 or what. I then caught a glimpse of the man. He wasn't in the center, and he was on a massive black hexagonal tower with aqua light running up it's vertices; the Man was not lit at all. We landed, I walked into the city from what seemed to be an open air terminal, with many people poring out of it, all from their flights. I started to walk through an inner street, and there were many elaborate booths (most of my playa dreams feature booth setups around huge Quonset huts), one of which i stopped at and was given a huge staff/pole type item. Upon inspection I found that it was one of the metal street signs from the year before, decorated and gifted back. I then walked towards open playa back towards the airport where I was meeting my mother, but stopped as I tried to take in what was in front of me. Standing about 100 feet tall was this side of a mountain with a huge waterfall running down, along with a smaller one, each gushing with thousands of gallons of water. The large one was for rafts, and the smaller one was the shape of a waterslide, which then led me to realize that it was a water ride. I continued my journey and arrived at the airport, at which point I got onto the top landing platform as a crowd of people rushed into the city from their flights. I spotted my mother in the crown, and yelled her name, but the sound came out as my voice from when I was young, and she didn't hear me. I yelled her name again, with my real voice, this time her hearing me just fine. I said to her "Welcome, Mom." and then I woke up.

Wasn't till yesterday or this morning that I realized Many things. The plane I had flown in on felt as if it was Larry Harvey's, yet it wasn't him in it, but me. It was my burn I was at. It was MY Black Rock City, My Metropolis, My Burning Man Dream.
Infinite Ripples Of Space And Time
Running Through My Mind...

Blompson
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Post by Blompson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

There is only one thing I can remember (anymore) about my dream last night, and it was watching the man's arms slowly raise. I know I cheered my ass off in the dream, and I can't help but wonder if I made any external waking-world sounds, too.

How weird would that be to hear your house mate hooting and hollering in their sleep? :)
History does not repeat itself, though it often rhymes.

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:My lady friend, for whom I got the second ticket, said she had a playa dream, wandering around BRC, lost. I told her that happens a lot.
Like mostly.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

MyPlayaUserName
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Ass Stamp Camp

Post by MyPlayaUserName » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:34 am

Almost every dream I actually manage to remember is someway connected to Burning Man...On the way to burning man, being at burning man, burning man being over and not having taken any pictures...i've seen it all whenever i close my eyes.

Last week I had two awesome burner dreams two nights in a row.
The first was only amazing because my subconscious completed synthesized the FEELING of being on ecstasy, which was exciting because I only do it when in BRC. In the dream I was so excited to be there and was amazed how this 'e' was like the first I'd ever had. Then I was going to see an art installation, one made of of many attached enormous speakers...Burners were gathered around it as if it was the Rocket launch or something, like it was a show/art piece. It was supposed to blow up, but instead this bomb like grenade fell on it, and when it did, it bounced, making a metallic noise that caused weird electrical bolts to come out of the gathered Burners. WEIRD! Then there were sparks and it was blown up. Then I met a pretty burner girl who told me she saw me at the Speaker Burn. I know this sounds like nothing amazing, but I can't really explain how accurate the FEELING of being at burning man was. I woke up really feeling like I'd just been.

The next night's dream wasn't quite as peachy. I was at Burning Man, saw people staring at my back, looked down, and realized a huge blue/black scorpion was on my foot. I ripped it off, but it stung me in the process. Much like the other dream, I really FELT the sting. Ouch.

I often have dreams where I'm suddenly at Burning Man and it's already Saturday and I'm upset I've missed the whole week/don't remember it.

Return to “Philosophical Center”