Spontaneous firework displays, dirt bikes and quads...

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:54 am

no mayhem here........I'm a delicate, frail, sensitive, and demure man.
I was just clarifying my position.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

swampdog
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby swampdog » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 am

Wikipedia say: a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So yeah, I think you qualify. But I'll give it one more try.

Burning Man is radically inclusive of PEOPLE but can no longer be as radically inclusive of ACTIVITIES as it (allegedly) once was. You're welcome to come. I doubt you'd enjoy it, but come on down if you want to.

According to legend when Burning Man was much much smaller you could get away with a lot more stuff, even (probably) racing quads. Now the event is of such a size that we are closely watched by all sorts of law enforcement whose rules must be followed. If you want to race quads, shoot fireworks, etc, then you are well advised to avoid Burning Man. I would give it a minimum of 50 mile and/or 2 week radius. If you are within those time/distance parameters you could well be caught by all the extra law enforcement that is drawn to Burning Man.

Burning Man uses a vast amount of resource - fuel, cash, peoples' time. We think it is worth it. We probably use less fuel than many other activities or events, but I don't think we have room to be smug about anyone else's choice to use resources for their entertainment and edification.

burningquestions

Postby burningquestions » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:54 am

swampdog wrote:Wikipedia say: a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So yeah, I think you qualify. But I'll give it one more try.

Burning Man is radically inclusive of PEOPLE but can no longer be as radically inclusive of ACTIVITIES as it (allegedly) once was. You're welcome to come. I doubt you'd enjoy it, but come on down if you want to.

According to legend when Burning Man was much much smaller you could get away with a lot more stuff, even (probably) racing quads. Now the event is of such a size that we are closely watched by all sorts of law enforcement whose rules must be followed. If you want to race quads, shoot fireworks, etc, then you are well advised to avoid Burning Man. I would give it a minimum of 50 mile and/or 2 week radius. If you are within those time/distance parameters you could well be caught by all the extra law enforcement that is drawn to Burning Man.

Burning Man uses a vast amount of resource - fuel, cash, peoples' time. We think it is worth it. We probably use less fuel than many other activities or events, but I don't think we have room to be smug about anyone else's choice to use resources for their entertainment and edification.

Fuck you, pussy faggot. If you can't deal, step off.

Troll enough?

Obama sure is a dumb fuck.

The numbers speak for themselves. Don't they?

robrob
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Love Drippins

Postby robrob » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:58 am

swampdog wrote:Wikipedia say: a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

the fact that the fuckstain keeps it contained to this particular area says something though. i don't know (or really care) what, but at least he's not taking a big shit all over the whole board. Which is oddly respectful for an otherwise predictably lame troll account.

Shambala's troll

Postby Shambala's troll » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:28 am

Hey burningquestions. I'm bringing my own bridge that we can camp under. You're welcome to join us. Bring all your various personalities and we'll have a huge camp. I'm thinking of naming it "Prove Me Wrong Camp"! Whaddaya think?

Fuck bacon, I want mushrooms! :D (sophomoric smiley)

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 am

robrob wrote:

the fact that the fuckstain keeps it contained to this particular area says something though. i don't know (or really care) what, but at least he's not taking a big shit all over the whole board. Which is oddly respectful for an otherwise predictably lame troll account.

Yes, but half of his extraneous topics belong in Open Discussion, or should be merged with existing discussions. I moved them over, I can also move them back if the mods as a whole feel the need.

In the meantime, I do encourage the use of the plonk/ignore feature for those who choose not to participate.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 am

Shambala's troll wrote:Hey burningquestions. I'm bringing my own bridge that we can camp under. You're welcome to join us. Bring all your various personalities and we'll have a huge camp. I'm thinking of naming it "Prove Me Wrong Camp"! Whaddaya think?

Fuck bacon, I want mushrooms! :D (sophomoric smiley)

+1
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm

burningquestions wrote::wink:

Burning Questions - Whats with all of the inflmmatory statements out of the blue. Your making mod'ing WAYYY more difficult than it needs to be. i love drama more then most, but lets try to be original and not merely say the first thing that comes to mind to get a response.

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 am

mdmf007 wrote:

Burning Questions - Whats with all of the inflmmatory statements out of the blue. Your making mod'ing WAYYY more difficult than it needs to be. i love drama more then most, but lets try to be original and not merely say the first thing that comes to mind to get a response.

Psssst.... he's gone. Check the cornfield. Seriously, down in Chatter.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby mdmf007 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:23 am

AntiM wrote:
mdmf007 wrote:

Psssst.... he's gone. Check the cornfield. Seriously, down in Chatter.

thats what i get for going to work for a week and letting 10 million messages appear.

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:38 am

LOL, work is over-rated. You miss all the fun.

Return to “Philosophical Center”