Let's face it burners

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
chineseobelisk

Post by chineseobelisk » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:16 pm

newdawn wrote: It's not disrespecting the electronica camps so much as just many, many people, on their hands and knees, begging for VARIETY.
just who are you begging for this Variety?

how about YOU build a camp? rally your varietal denizens and unite! build something spectacular! show us your stuff!
measuring the weight of smoke

meandthemissus

70 miles from what?

Post by meandthemissus » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:13 pm

"It's not a rave, it's sad you missed the art, the community, the unfettered expression, the building of a fully functioning community 70 miles in the desert."

70 miles from what? It is only a few miles from the fully functioning community of Gerlach Empire

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:26 pm

Depends on your definition of "fully functioning".
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:59 am

chineseobelisk wrote: just who are you begging for this Variety?
May I suggest the local newstand?

chineseobelisk

Post by chineseobelisk » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:38 am

ahhh... the Cryptofishists biting wit strikes again...well done grasshoppah!
measuring the weight of smoke

natthebat

Post by natthebat » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:36 pm

Oh I'm soooooo excited! Way to start some friction saying "it's just a rave." I hope you do that in bars and have enough controll to make meaning before you get your ass kicked. That's the kind of stuff that real brainstorming is made of. Make them feel it. Piss them off enough to make them talk out their true feelings. Then convince them that were all in this together and what do you got? Fucking motivated thinkers that care enough about a cause to speack their piece of the truth. I always think of people in corporate meetings too scard of being fired to speek any truth. That scilence is very expensive. The soultion or the problen or the glass harmonica need to be heard! DAMNIT! As for the music at BM... I know I can always find whatever I want, whenever I want it. From Raves to Bluegrass. It all moves me because it moves you and that's what I love to watch and rub up against and shake my ass too and try to understand.
and fuck you too.

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:45 am

If you took away all of the ravers, and all of the techno, how much of BM would remain? Probably over 90%. So is it a rave? I think not.

I actually like waking up hearing techno on the horizon and it is something I will always associate with BM, but that doesn't make it a rave. Just an event attended by a number of ravers.

Return to “Philosophical Center”