The Bm.org see's no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
socks2
Burning Since: 2002

The Bm.org see's no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Postby socks2 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Still nothing from the board on the plug and plays, Nothing from the board on the ticket scandal. Its all most as if they
think they do not have to respond at all. After all it is their event and in their eyes we are dam lucky they allow us to come.
They did send out action girl and will and both got butchered on their blogs. The facts are they got caught red handed.
The very fact they scalped their own tickets from those in S.T.E.P. is beyond words. Real bastards we are talking about

Its become apparent that Burning man is a private party for the chosen 10,000 plus noted VIPs. The general sale ticket people
are just revolving players who provide the operating funds to run the event. If they could figure how to cut out general sale
ticket buyers they would. We just do not fit their demographic on what they want to attend Burning man. I would even say they want to make
Burning man into a Bohemian grove in the desert. The fix, ban all plug and plays, fire Jim Tannabaum from the board and replace him with a
general ticket burner. We need leadership on this now but what we get is silence.
see no evil, hear no evil ,speak no evil

Sandstorm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Re: The Bm.org see's no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Postby Sandstorm » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 pm

It's going to be fascinating to see what does or does not happen between now and the end of the year in regards to this clusterf*ck. This situation is not as simple/straightforward as what happened with the TICKET LOTTO FIASCO. In this case there's plenty of internet-based evidence that without doubt shows that some members of the BM founders and BOD have been playing fast and easy with tickets and influence peddling behind the scenes. As you pointed out, Will and AnswerGirl met their just fates when their respective BS blog entries were trotted out for the public. The angry mob of burners that has gathered virtually outside Castle Fist Camp are not going away and they're only going to get angrier the longer that THE SILENCE OF THE BORG continues.

If Larry & Co keep this up then they're going to be in for some rude surprises. The dusty talent that builds BRC and fills it with content won't be content to be DUSTY DANCING MONKEYS for Larry & Co.'s friends in the COMMODIFICATION CAMPS. What, pray tell, will happen when Burners en masse say "No mas" and start telling other people "Don't go to BM"? What happens when Larry & Co. start losing not only their FREE LABOR and FREE TALENT but the FREE AND PRICELESS PR MACHINE that is we, the burners?

WATCH IT ALL CRUMBLE. WATCH IT ALL BURN. SOMETHING RARE AND BEAUTIFUL IS ABOUT TO START DYING ON THE VINE. And that is not something I am happy about.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:11 pm

What, pray tell, will happen when Burners en masse say "No mas" and start telling other people "Don't go to BM"?
Sandstorm, You're kidding, right? We've all been saying, "Don't go.", for years. We figure it would make it easier to get a ticket. Nobody is going to stop attending just because the rich guys are there. That's like boycotting when you didn't get a ticket in the lottery. Even if the event goes backwards and doesn't have all the fabulous art, it will still happen. It will still be sold out. Would that be such a horrible thing for the man to shrink. For the burbs to entertain with smaller events and personal interaction? For the music to turn it down a bit?

You may not want to travel to Africa Burn this year but you WILL continue to attend BRC. Plug and Plays don't interfere with my vacation. I may not like them. I may resent the amenities they are provided. I will just ignore them and burn on.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Sandstorm
Camp Name: TBD

Postby Sandstorm » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Ratty wrote:
What, pray tell, will happen when Burners en masse say "No mas" and start telling other people "Don't go to BM"?
Sandstorm, You're kidding, right? We've all been saying, "Don't go.", for years. We figure it would make it easier to get a ticket. Nobody is going to stop attending just because the rich guys are there. That's like boycotting when you didn't get a ticket in the lottery. Even if the event goes backwards and doesn't have all the fabulous art, it will still happen. It will still be sold out. Would that be such a horrible thing for the man to shrink. For the burbs to entertain with smaller events and personal interaction? For the music to turn it down a bit?

You may not want to travel to Africa Burn this year but you WILL continue to attend BRC. Plug and Plays don't interfere with my vacation. I may not like them. I may resent the amenities they are provided. I will just ignore them and burn on.

Just because the event might get smaller doesn't mean that it would get better. Burners tend to be smart people and those who are upset about the COMMODIFICATION of BM aren't upset because somewhere in BRC Richie Rich & Co. are having a good time; they're pissed because Larry & Co. are willingly and gleefully selling out the principles of the event. Plenty of the people who'd love to see TTITD Part Deux happen want that to happen so that Larry & Co. are no longer part of our pursuit of a TAZ. The longer and more that Larry & Co. sell out the principles of the event the more and louder the word on the street will grow that the people who run BM are corrupt. You may choose to look the other way about the COMMODIFICATION of the event but I and countless others won't.

And no, my relationship with BM was changing even before SHERPAGATE happened. While I've got 1 or 2 burns left in me I don't know that I'll make either or both of them. What I do know is that for me BM no longer has the draw it had even as recently as this past August.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Postby Bless » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Don't go!
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 am

Bless wrote:Don't go!

One wonders, if someone else told others not to go, how fast would "radical inclusion" get thrown out by the feebs?
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:39 am

hey bless...

how about YOU DON'T GO.

seriously....stick to your lobbyist job on K street.

funny how it crosses over from defautia onto the playa, huh....
Frida Be You & Me

Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:43 am

Bless wrote:Don't go!

glitter boy...

pathetic.

just pathetic.

if you want to get down here in the mud and slug it out, i will be more than happy to accomodate you.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: TECTONIC

Postby A-RockLeFrench » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:01 pm

From Burning Man HQ:
Acknowledgement:

We are aware that many of you are waiting for a response to a number of questions concerning theme camps, turnkey camps, placement of camps, access to tickets, decommodification and a potential erosion of our culture.

These are some of the questions members of our community have raised:
Is the Burning Man organization profiting off turnkey camps?

How did turnkey camps get all their tickets?

Do turnkey camps get preferential treatment?

Were people buying blocks of tickets through the Burning Man Project donation ticket program in the days before the event? If so, why?

Are turnkey camps undermining the practice of Decommodification and Self-Reliance?

What is going to happen to the turnkey camps going forward? Is there accountability for poor behavior?

The importance of these questions requires collaboration and input from a wide variety of people including staff, theme camp leaders, artists, Regional Network leaders, turnkey camp producers, and participants. We are still gathering information and identifying the most effective solutions.

We are listening and discussing real reforms.

Forwarded from a RC

TT120
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Postby TT120 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 pm

More "we're listening and talking about it. You'll hear from us soon" bullshit.

That is getting pretty old......
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Postby GreyCoyote » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:26 pm

What a bunch of crap. "Please stand by to stand by while we call a meeting to discuss the proposed agenda for the next meeting."

95% of the PROBLEM was specifically designed, developed, and executed by the BMorg. They are in it up to their pie-holes. You would think they could talk to THAT at least.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Jackass

Postby Jackass » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:42 pm

They're still leaving a lot of stuff out or making it sound much sweeter than it is. This is essentially the same shit that they have been saying. Fuck talking to the heads of PnP's, they need to address the masses who help make everything possible. How about a good old fashioned town hall meeting at HQ with room for regular burners and artists and volunteers of all different flags too. Not just upper management and their favorite voices. Instead they're in secretive meetings trying to get the story straight between themselves before they give us their official version of what took place... I'm pretty sure a town hall meeting would interest several large groups and artists located in and around the bay area as well as others from afar.

"Hey Jim it's Larry. Listen I have these guys here that say u did this and that. Is it true? No Larry, I would never do a thing like that, you know me... Well guys, there you have it. He says he didn't do anything wrong, he's a solid guy and I believe him. We have no reason to lie to you."
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Agreed. The truth is always simple and direct. It takes time to sugar-coat a turd.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Jackass

Postby Jackass » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

They're trying to fill us up with beans, rice and bread when they know damn well that we're still waiting on that steak and lobster.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Postby 666isMONEY » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:34 pm

A-RockLeFrench wrote:
From Burning Man HQ:
Acknowledgement:

We are aware that many of you are waiting for a response to a number of questions concerning theme camps, turnkey camps, placement of camps, access to tickets, decommodification and a potential erosion of our culture.

These are some of the questions members of our community have raised:
Is the Burning Man organization profiting off turnkey camps?

How did turnkey camps get all their tickets?

Do turnkey camps get preferential treatment?

Were people buying blocks of tickets through the Burning Man Project donation ticket program in the days before the event? If so, why?

Are turnkey camps undermining the practice of Decommodification and Self-Reliance?

What is going to happen to the turnkey camps going forward? Is there accountability for poor behavior?

The importance of these questions requires collaboration and input from a wide variety of people including staff, theme camp leaders, artists, Regional Network leaders, turnkey camp producers, and participants. We are still gathering information and identifying the most effective solutions.

We are listening and discussing real reforms.

It's on the blog now, word-for-word: http://blog.burningman.com/2014/11/news/turnkey-camps-moving-towards-effective-solutions/

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 pm

And again they send Will Chase out to take a beating for the BMorg. (-shaking head-)
(A Beautiful Mind)

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:19 pm

now to be fair, and to also deny them the opportunity of playing the victim, i say we wait...

let them do what they're gonna do, and then present it to the community.

i know, the suspense is killing you, but admit it, this has been the most exciting "off-season" in years.

so let's see what they got before we rip them to shreds. Maybe, just Maybe, they'll surprise us...

maybe they won't.

we'll find out.

btw, odds out of vegas right now are 7-2 they fuck it up.
Frida Be You & Me

Bless

Postby Bless » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:08 pm

I say y'all should stay home next year.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:11 pm

we'll be there with bells on, mr. shiny pants.

fuck yer day.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

GreyCoyote

Postby GreyCoyote » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:we'll be there with bells on, mr. shiny pants.

fuck yer day.

I'm going, and I'm bringing art. Its a credit card terminal and an ATM with a life-sized cut out of Larry standing next to it. You know, just in case anyone needs some fast cash. (There will naturally be a $5.00/transaction service fee, plus a 2.75% tax on the total amount. And if you want greenbacks instead of LarryBucks, you will need to visit the money-changers over at the Temple).

Gotta love the New Burning Man. No principles, but much interest.
(A Beautiful Mind)

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:36 pm

damn fine coffee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:59 pm

note the time stamp...

yes, i am a time lord.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:now to be fair, and to also deny them the opportunity of playing the victim, i say we wait...

let them do what they're gonna do, and then present it to the community.

i know, the suspense is killing you, but admit it, this has been the most exciting "off-season" in years.

so let's see what they got before we rip them to shreds. Maybe, just Maybe, they'll surprise us...

maybe they won't.

we'll find out.

btw, odds out of vegas right now are 7-2 they fuck it up.

I'm impressed. That's twice now in under a week.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

open meetings would be great. Live streaming would be better. Us distance guys would like a chance to participate too. But one thing we can all agree on, jt has to go.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Return to “Philosophical Center”