I'm on STRIKE!!!!!

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Re: I'm on STRIKE!!!!!

Post by digital » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:41 pm

elKay wrote:We planned to try, but this whole mess, (which I believe caused our inability to score tickets the last 2 burns) has made it seem like an ugly elitist douche fest.
Sheesh. That's sure a bold statement because of a few bad apples and high demand for tickets.

I'm not too happy about a few people at the top of the pyramid... But to call the whole thing an ugly elitist douche fest seems like a pretty ugly elitist douche thing to say. Just sayin'.
Last edited by digital on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm

The 'few bad apples' are running the show.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Finnegan wrote:The 'few bad apples' are running the show.
this.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

digital
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:30 pm

I must be bobbing from a different barrel because those bad apples aren't ruining my show.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 pm

digital wrote:
elKay wrote:We planned to try, but this whole mess, (which I believe caused our inability to score tickets the last 2 burns) has made it seem like an ugly elitist douche fest.
Sheesh. That's sure a bold statement because of a few bad apples and high demand for tickets.

I'm not too happy about a few people at the top of the pyramid... But to call the whole thing an ugly elitist douche fest seems like a pretty ugly elitist douche thing to say. Just sayin'.

I think it sounds like a pissed off disappointed thing to say. I can certainly understand that sentiment.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:34 pm

digital wrote:
I must be bobbing from a different barrel because those bad apples aren't ruining my show.
Party on, Garth!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 pm

http://blog.burningman.com

I'm in the process of reading the Org response to the CC issue so I'm still on strike while I read. :D
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Sandstorm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Post by Sandstorm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:57 pm

digital wrote:...I'm not too happy about a few people at the top of the pyramid... But to call the whole thing an ugly elitist douche fest seems like a pretty ugly elitist douche thing to say. Just sayin'.
digital: Please note that what follows is NOT a dig at you.

Some people's brains are wired in such a way that disallows them to ignore certain aspects of reality. I'm glad that you can focus more so on your good times in BRC and less so on the fact that the heart of the event is being run and polluted by people who long ago CHOSE to forsake of the ethos the event and the community. My impression is that for a LOT of Burners going HOME is a chance to experience something better and greater than the modus operandi of the default world. It's hard for many Burners to do that when they know that the people running the event and BRC are polluting the event with some of the VERY SAME aspects of Defaultia that we're meant to leave outside of BRC.

In your post you misstated elKay's words about the event. What she actually wrote was this:
elKay wrote:"...has made it seem like an ugly elitist douche fest."
There's a big difference between those words and how you interpreted them in your post. The key word that elKay used in that sentence is the word "seem".

Dusty hugs.

Sandstorm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Post by Sandstorm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:01 pm

elKay wrote:It has just been decided, and sadly we aren't going. We planned to try, but this whole mess, (which I believe caused our inability to score tickets the last 2 burns) has made it seem like an ugly elitist douche fest. I was really hoping that there would be some kind of a welcoming statement from the BORG by now.
elKay: I regret to hear that you've made this decision but it's an understandable and justifiable one. Dusty hugs.

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm no longer on strike.

The level of transparency could have been clearer with more detail and the policy changes could be greater in number and scope but I am satisfied. Not enthusiastically so(big surprise).

The move to hold all non infrastructure placed camps to the same requirements for placement and future return was necessary as was the elimination of the donation tickets program. Without either of these I would have continued moving toward camp fuck it in doing something else vill.

As a celebration of burners zeal and this community trial I'm planning on making a pitchfork and torch sculpture to grace the front of Black Rock City Welding and Repair at my long time camp Stag Camp 9.

Bolt together in case of need to deploy. :twisted:

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

elKay
Burning Since: 2011

Post by elKay » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 am

I read the Blog, it was too little too late for me for this year. Hoping to read good reports next year and make it back again one day. Thanks for the hug and nice words!

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:53 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
As a celebration of burners zeal and this community trial I'm planning on making a pitchfork and torch sculpture to grace the front of Black Rock City Welding and Repair at my long time camp Stag Camp 9.

Bolt together in case of need to deploy. :twisted:
*cackle*
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 pm

:D

caro.
Burning Since: 2011

Post by caro. » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:57 pm

i agree with motz. it seems like they are taking steps in the right direction, even if more aggressive steps would have been preferred.
the journey is the destination...

Return to “Philosophical Center”