BLM Needs VIP treatment as well.

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: BLM Needs VIP treatment as well.

Post by ^Rhino! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:34 am

For me, 'Chocotacogate' is far from over. I got pulled over by a BLM Ranger on a bullshit 'suspicion' (Missouri doesn't give out information plates read by license-plate scanners.) To depart, had to show the California cowboy my license, registration, proof of insurance, AND proof of vehicle ownership. Violation of my 1st, 4th, and 14th amendment rights. Should I ask for damages??
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:59 am

^Rhino! wrote:For me, 'Chocotacogate' is far from over. I got pulled over by a BLM Ranger on a bullshit 'suspicion' (Missouri doesn't give out information plates read by license-plate scanners.) To depart, had to show the California cowboy my license, registration, proof of insurance, AND proof of vehicle ownership. Violation of my 1st, 4th, and 14th amendment rights. Should I ask for damages??
Did this end in a citation? Suspicion of what? Isn't the registration proof of vehicle ownership? If not, what is? (that would be carried in the vehicle).

I'm not an attorney, but if it ended with him telling you to just be on your way, I'm not sure how that would be any violation of your rights. In every state, to my knowledge, law enforcement is permitted to stop you and ask those questions. It's more of an inconvenience than a violation or any rights, no? (IMHO)

(Nice meeting you on the playa this year!)
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:18 am

Elderberry wrote:... I'm not an attorney, ...
No shit Sherlock.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 pm

I'd absolutely love to hear your theory on how your 1st, 4th, and 14th amendment rights were so grieviously violated during this traffic stop.

BTW: You get double extra word points if you can cite relevant case law.

Now what, pray tell, did I do with my popcorn... :roll:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:37 pm

It didn't end in a citation, so I'm OK there.

I wasn't drinking, and he didn't call the dogs in for drugs (Even as tired as I was, I looked 'unaltered'.)

He did cop a superior attitude (maybe because he held the cards), and I didn't like that. Sitting down at home afterwards, I know I can do nothing now. But I DID fill out a LEO contact report at the Black Rock Ranger HQ on playa. So he gets no choco taco for lack of courtesy.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:35 pm

^Rhino! wrote:...He did cop a superior attitude.... So he gets no choco taco for lack of courtesy.
That's the biggest problem with law enforcement officers today. (IMHO) Glad you reported it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Shpilkus

Post by Shpilkus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Keep in mind that this is all training grounds for many of the BLM. There are hours of role playing and lots of mirror practice to get that intimidation look down. What they really gain by this crap is lack of respect for the law. That's our take home from their practiced bravado.

This is all a new thing for the BLM. I'm not sure exactly where it's coming from, but ultimately they look like jerks.
needles, sewing pins | shpilkes (shpil'∙kes) | שפּילקעס

Return to “Philosophical Center”