Complaint Deptartment Theme Camp

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
moonbeam

Complaint Deptartment Theme Camp

Post by moonbeam » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:11 pm

I was impressed with the Ministry of Burning Man Statistics. I propose to add the Burning Man Complaint Deptartment, which I expect, by the tone of many posts on these forums (which we will display prominently as seed complaints), to be very popular and fulfill a deep need in people to be heard and cared for about all the injustices done to them. Filling out long forms and super long lines would be part of the charm, adding to the injustices and hence enable complainers to fill out even more of the complaint form about the Complaint Camp itself in a special box.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:19 pm

There should also be a burn barrel right there so the complaintants can see exactly where their complaints go.

moonbeam

I disagree

Post by moonbeam » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:29 pm

The complaints should be treated with the utmost respect while being totally ignored. The person should have to stand in line A and talk to person A while being served really bad watered down drinks, then told by person A to go to line B. Person B would encourage the complainer to complain about person A, while also ignoring the complaint. Preferably, there would be a phone connected to a "special" complaint line that would trap the person in an inescapable phone message tree. This should satisfying most complainers, I should think!

Halo Joe

Post by Halo Joe » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:33 pm

This sounds quite a bit like the way the BRCPO operates. (Just an observation, not a critique.)

moonbeam

Observation a complaint?

Post by moonbeam » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:03 pm

Your observation sounds like a complaint to me. I will reword it into a complaint about the management doing nothing about complaints and it will become complaint #1 in the complaint deptartment. Meanwhile, I made my complaints about all the complaints here -- http://www.complaint.com and I do feel better.

Halo Joe

Post by Halo Joe » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:08 pm

Well, hmph! See if you get mail next year, Ms. Moonbeam!

moonbeam

Monty Python -- The Pet Shop Sketch

Post by moonbeam » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:15 pm

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/ ... tshop.html

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Customer: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
Customer: (pause) I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

_MICHAEL_

moonbeam

complaints

Post by moonbeam » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:18 pm

The Department of Complaints has registered the following complaints

1) The organizers ignore complaints
2) People complain too much
3) Burning Man isn't what it used to be because people are there for their own selfish party reasons
4) It's a damn long drive from Ft. Lauderdale
5) Some jerk dug a hole in the ground and filled it with water. I fell in at night on my bike.
6) Street corner markers should have reflectors on them
7) People who need to check email annoy me
8) Rangers are notoriously the worst source of information out there
9) The vibe was empty this year
10) I don't like fireworks shooting out of the Man
11) There weren't enough fireworks shooting out of the Man
12) Recycled boat art cars from the "Floating World" theme should not have been at the "Beyond Belief" Theme

note: suggestions have been reclassified as complaints

liebling

Post by liebling » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:45 am

lol. it all sounds very monty python to me

gael
we are becoming who we are

jbelson

Post by jbelson » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:26 pm

I suggest that after making complainers go through a long, serpentine type line, you just complain to them.
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer

III

Post by III » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:43 am

how bout just setting up a "complaint department, enter here" sign at first camp?
[url]http://3playa.cultureshark.net/[/url]

jaywalker

Post by jaywalker » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:44 pm

glowsticks are not a substitue for a fucking bikelight or flashlight! stupid fucks!

I think that's a good complaint. Other than, when you say you're gonna give someone a beer for doing something stupid, then give me my damn beer when I'm done, or else you deserve whatever I feel like doing!

I wish the rest of BM was as warm and fuzzy as Gigsville, Skynyrd and Pinky's, for the most part high little monkey's abounded that wouldn't say "howdy" back.

Hmmm. I think that's about all I have this year. It was fuckign great totherwise. I like being associated with necessary evils :twisted:

nodule

Post by nodule » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:49 pm

I like it, but you've missed an important part of the Burning Man complaint process. Complaints shouldn't be simply ignored, they need to be turned back on the complainer to tell them that it's all their own fault.

It also helps to whine about how busting ass building and maintaining the city should relieve someone of any sense of responsibility, any sense of following the rules that everybody else is supposed to, and certiainly any need for common courtesey, for anything and everything.

nodule

Post by nodule » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:51 pm

I like it, but you've missed an important part of the Burning Man complaint process. Complaints shouldn't be simply ignored, they need to be turned back on the complainer to tell them that it's all their own fault.

It also helps to whine about how busting ass building and maintaining the city should relieve someone of any sense of responsibility, any sense of following the rules that everybody else is supposed to, and certiainly any need for common courtesey, for anything and everything.

Alchemy

Issue complaintants..

Post by Alchemy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:16 am

Give us bull horns with really low batteries and send us out to the moop fence around the outter top corner...to share our feelings and give our bitchy gripes bout how its all different THIS time.
Last year we should of been given fishin poles to wrangle up that porta chicken they found.Gather round the fishin hole or is that bitchen hole? or chicken hole? Or wishn well.
Well Ill be a fishin wishin magician...
I wish I d quit bitchin..and ride my bike into the dark satiny desert nite.
Boy ,cant they do somethin about all that complaining?FUCK! Will you KEEP IT DOWN? I cant hear the trance beats over the whinning! WaaaaaH!
Complainers just suck! I want to issue a complaint about THEM!!! Why dont we have a thread linked to the Gustomer swervice dept? Dont you think that would fix it?

Or I coullld just shut up and put my fingers to better endevors...

ignignot

Post by ignignot » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:12 pm

:twisted: I think the complaint dept. should be moved randomly, with signs posted at every location where it's being moved to. Then if someone does find it, there should be a recording saying "sorry, complaint dept. is closed for the day, please come back tommorow".
By which time, of course, it will have moved again.
...to the other side of the playa.
:twisted:

Stormy

May I just say...

Post by Stormy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:07 pm

that I love you people! Reading the Eplaya is far more satisfying than going over my lesson plans for tomorrow.

I believe this may have started as a joke, but damn, what a fine idea. I'd love to get in on helping with the Complaint Department next year. If no one takes the ball with this, I may have to appropriate the idea as it seems that BRC is in dire need of the Complaint Department. Though since Gigsville is looking to be a fascist ditactorship next year, if we hold it there, the intimidation factor will definitely keep the complaint level down. The lines might not be long enough to look like a Complaint Dept. :wink:
Be the change you seek in the world.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:56 pm

The Doomocratic Republik of Gigsville is big enough...the BRC Complaint Department would be better served in a stand alone capactiy.

I'm sorry to open a can of worms but my two trips into Gigsville were not pleasant this year. Rude people, and a theme camp that made me yawn...and what's with the burned out car in the middle of camp with no fire shield under it? Or at least not one that was apparent....

Begin Tangent Recovery Effort.....

Sorry to rant but I'm starting to get an attitude towards Gigsville and I hope this idea lives but not in their hands.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:02 pm

Gigsville, village of 300- 400 people. There were some kick ass theme camps there. If you have a complaint about the Car-b-que, might I direct you towards the Camp Skynard Complaint Dept.

So forget the joke about Gigs, and let's discuss the Complaint Dept. people! Oh, and I'm drunk now. So if you're reading this you must take a drink for parity.

Kinetic wrote:The Doomocratic Republik of Gigsville is big enough...the BRC Complaint Department would be better served in a stand alone capactiy.

I'm sorry to open a can of worms but my two trips into Gigsville were not pleasant this year. Rude people, and a theme camp that made me yawn...and what's with the burned out car in the middle of camp with no fire shield under it? Or at least not one that was apparent....

Begin Tangent Recovery Effort.....

Sorry to rant but I'm starting to get an attitude towards Gigsville and I hope this idea lives but not in their hands.

ignignot

bitchin' about the compliant dept

Post by ignignot » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:14 pm

Hey I've had one beer - is that enough for parity? Wait..I'll start on my second one. Aaaaaaaah.

I've had very little truck w/ the gigsville crowd. Heard mixed things....

But as for the complaint dept - what about the whole wild goose chase idea. I'd be up for helping to set it up. It would just have to be a very mobile unit for maximum chasiblility.

And of course, for maximum frustration factor we'd really have to make it seem like people could come to us for "satisfaction".

I play a bureaucrat in real life so I have lotsa experience giving people the run around. :P

jaywalker

Re: May I just say...

Post by jaywalker » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:44 pm

Stormy wrote:Though since Gigsville is looking to be a fascist ditactorship next year
Um, weren't we just one 2 weeks ago. I thought next year was something, well, um... it's a secret until New Years.

Though I thought the complaint department was handled by the BRCPO/INSS.

Hey Kinetic, next time you hesitantly wander through Gigsville, say hi. I'm easily reckonizable, and have the most well styled hair in the Village. Plus I'm a happy drunk. Or is that just drunk? Never mind.

III

Post by III » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:07 pm

the complaint department should probably be in t.o.a., since there are already a lot of complainers there anyways.
[url]http://3playa.cultureshark.net/[/url]

Stormy

Re: May I just say... More Gigsville thread hijacking

Post by Stormy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:06 pm

jaywalker wrote:
Stormy wrote:Though since Gigsville is looking to be a fascist ditactorship next year
Um, weren't we just one 2 weeks ago. I thought next year was something, well, um... it's a secret until New Years.
Sorry, making a joke here considering one of the co-mayors and some jokes we were making at Lahanton the night of the car-b-que. Nothing to see here folks. Please drive through. :wink:

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:07 pm

III wrote:the complaint department should probably be in t.o.a., since there are already a lot of complainers there anyways.
8) I won't argue with you on that one.

DogBoy
Location: Twins City, OR "The hardest place to find in Oregon"

Post by DogBoy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:47 pm

I run city hall at our own begining of summer party: My simplest (and Favorite) schtick was a take a number for service setup. Get rid of any given number so nobody has it, then only call that number.
"All you need in this world is ignorance & confidence, and then success is sure." -Mark Twain

"Wickedness is a myth created by good people to account for the curious attractiveness of others." -Oscar Wilde

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:06 pm

Those wedding pic avatars are adorable.

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:03 am

stupid double posts.
Last edited by JezebelinHell on Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:03 am

Alchemy, I'd like to issue a complaint about your typing skills.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

mags

Post by mags » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:18 am

wouldn't a completely moblie and constantly moving BRC Dept of Tourist Information be more appropriate?

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:36 pm

mags wrote:wouldn't a completely moblie and constantly moving BRC Dept of Tourist Information be more appropriate?
How about a tourist enablement pass? The bearer of which is absolved from participating in anything for 4 hours. Extensions granted with sexual favors.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”