Time Vault Camp

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
Mark Hinkley

Time Vault Camp

Post by Mark Hinkley » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:56 pm

Maybe this is more like art, but it's definitely a community service.

I'm thinking about those consumable resources - like film for instance - where it is sometimes hard to pace oneself to be sure to have enough - film - for Burn Night. I think it would be very nice if someone set up a time release vault somewhere in the City where photographers with no self-control could stash away a few rolls of film, knowing there was no way to get to it until some set point in the future. Just think of how much happier all those undisciplined photographers would be getting their hands on nice, fresh rolls of film just when they were needed most rather than staring sadly at a lapful of empty film canisters. Maybe there would be other things besides film that people would want to hide from themselves, chapstick maybe, but you get the general idea.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat May 29, 2004 9:43 am

I was cruising posts and your title struck me. I don't know how it relates to your idea, but our Mutant Vehicle this year is called "The International Time Vault". You can check it out at www.MutantVehicle.com and let us know how your idea may work with ours.

Cheers!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Sat May 29, 2004 5:43 pm

other things besides film that people would want to hide from themselves
Cigarettes.

You'd have a line waiting for that thing to pop open.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat May 29, 2004 6:08 pm

How about a puppy?
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Sat May 29, 2004 7:05 pm

Could I stick reality in there?

:)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

robotland

Post by robotland » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:44 am

It's kind of a digression, but my workplace (West Michigan Cancer Center) just celebrated its tenth anniversary, and as part of the festivities they buried a time capsule. I'm the staff sculptor and mouldmaker, and was asked to create something to put in the capsule but was advised that "time was running out" and that I'd have to hurry. My reply was, "If you keep the capsule upright, the time won't run out." I never did get a reply.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”