possible group prank

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
dj big E

possible group prank

Post by dj big E » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:18 pm

hmmmm had this idea for a prank that iwas going to do then i thought it would be fun to get other people involved the beuty is this prank takes very little effort anywasy . I was going to do this last year but i slacked going to do it this year just for hell of it anyways I will be borrowing one of my neighbors yard statues havent decided on what thoe been eyeing this cops duck lmao anyways i will bring the statue with me to the burn and take pictures of him at art installations various theme camps etc etc maybe if other burners decide they would like to participate we could meet up for a group statue picture and tequila party well what do you think?

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:42 pm

That's kind of what these guys did, but I'm sure you could do it better

www.marvinthemonkey.com/exploits/burningman/

ronski

Post by ronski » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:43 pm

Wow, what an "original" idea... steal somebody's yard sculpture (it's okay 'cause he's a cop) then bring it to the counterculture event, take pictures. Maybe you should send postcards back to the owner to perplex and vex him too.

Say, he wouldn't have a gnome out there in the yard, would he?

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:33 pm

The last original idea happened years ago

(It's true, we had it checked out and everything)

dj big E

ronski ronski ronski lmao

Post by dj big E » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:48 pm

never claimed to have an original idea ronski just claimed to have cheap almost effortless prank never said everyone had to target a cop that is just my choice seems funner than the old lady down the street with cement squirrels everywhere and of course i'll be returning the statue with pics wouldn't be no fun otherwise besides give's me an excuse to hook up with strangers and drink ronski lmao original who ever said anything about original been done several ways many angles just thought it would be funny maybe i'll just stay home and watch cable ronski lmao dj big "E"

dj big E

lmao chai guy

Post by dj big E » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:51 pm

thats one lucky monkey lmao same concept

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Sandwichman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:44 pm

Chai Guy wrote:The last original idea happened years ago

(It's true, we had it checked out and everything)
Yeah this conversation isn't even original it was already copyrighted in 2000. :wink:

Sandwich
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:54 pm

I'd go down to the local statuary outlet (look under Dirt Nap in the Yellow Pages, or just go to K-Mart), buy ten fucking squirrels, plant them on Doobie Lane (see www.roadsideamerica.com) in front of appropriately-scaled loudspeaker stax in candy-raver gear, take some photos under blacklight, and scold your neighbor for letting her yard-ornament's progeny corrupt the god-fearing residents of rural Washoe County.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

ronski

Post by ronski » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:22 pm

Wow.

So, DJ Big E, actually I should probably apologize for being so rude to your idea. I don't know anything about your relationship with your neighbor. I read your post pretty fast & irked me 'cause of the idea of a) taking someone from a neighbor-cop and b) the Travelocity similarity. My overreaction. I'm sorry.

I don't like the idea of poking a hornets nest with a stick, unless there's some cool or significant reason. That whole "Was the issue of Piss Clear stolen by the cops" thread here went on for months, and it finally looked like the DPW or someone else may have been responsible instead. Unless cops are being out of line (which of course can happen) it seems foolish to stir anything up. But then, do whatever you think best. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Me out.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:38 pm

hey ronski,

be glad your name was'nt DE FACTO or DVD Burner. You would have been harped on. I can take it though. your not the only one that breezes through the post sometimes.

Thanx for being apologetic when due.

I never apologize because I'm a DE FACTO. :wink:

nice prank dj big E.
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

dj big E

lmao

Post by dj big E » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:48 am

believe me i am not targeting him because he's a cop he's just got some good yard animals and besides can u imagine his face when he see's were and what his yard animal has done!!!!!!!!!! He may burn it lmao And who knows by august i may have a better target :twisted: :?: :?: :?: :twisted: :twisted:

BirthdayBabb

No Prankee Here!

Post by BirthdayBabb » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:06 am

Hey! I like your prank and tequila idea. Don't invite the dudes without the smiles, O.K.?

I can't wait to GO HOME PEACE

shitmouse

Post by shitmouse » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:10 pm

-- you remember the lawn gnome right?
-(stolen from next door lawn, taken on vacation and pictured everywhere.)

-- red couch calendar?

-b

:wink:
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=

thehunt

nice idea

Post by thehunt » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:00 pm

I like the idea of bringing something normal from every-day life, to Burning Man, and making it cool, out of context.

Try whatever you like, never quit coming up with fun ideas.
The Hunt \<>/ Eric Huntington - DJ, Producer, Abstract Artist - picassocamp.org/gallery
My Group: Enlightenmen
email: [email][email protected][/email]

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”