Artists wanted for Sol System/House of Lotus @10 & Espla

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
deepeddy

Artists wanted for Sol System/House of Lotus @10 & Espla

Post by deepeddy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:54 am

Sol System and House of Lotus are pairing up to create a massive enchanted village of sound and art on the corner of 10 and esplanade - one of the two most prominent locations on the playa. We could use the help of a few artistically inclinded folk to contribute. Both Sol and House of Lotus will have seperate sound systems and DJs for large parties throughout the week. House of Lotus would like to include as a part of their theme camp a large Lotus flower like piece that would act as a centerpiece of the dance area. We would also like to create other artistic/structural elements including some painted canvas walls, flags, etc. Time is short and we could use some help. We can provide the basic vision and the funds for materials and its up to you to make it happen. Your work would be highly visible and enjoyed by literally 1000s of dancing burners over the course of the week. Get back to us if this sounds of interest!

waveland

Post by waveland » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:14 am

I'm looking for stages for my band to play. If live music
seems appropriate for your vision, I'd love to participate.

Shane

zapper

Post by zapper » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:26 pm

sounds great. I just happend to have paitned sevel large tarps full of flouresent flowers. I would love to paint one or two for your camp. Maybe you could post back what your looking for what size and how I could conect with you. Would you pay for paint and tarp? If so how would that work? If not we could work something out. Also I do live set. Perhaps I could mail a demo cd. I play a odd blend of psy,breaks, freakyness. thanx

zapper

zapper

Post by zapper » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:29 pm

Flowers. I made five taplight flowers for a party last month. check it out they are pretty ez to make. Take one taplight ( as seen on tv), six wire hangers, and three heffer sized packs of pantyhose, and some thin wire. form clothes hangers into pettle shapes cover with panty hose. twist all six pettles together using the hook parts left over in back. ( you need plyers for that part) take the back of the tap light where the batteries fit in and make four holes in flat peice of plastic. take the small wire attach the flat batterie cover to pettles. Put batteries into taplight and attach batterie cover to tap light. Pesto taplight flowers. If you use white pantyhose you can then spraypaint markings on the flowers. good luck.
you can email me at [email protected]

Sakadelik

Post by Sakadelik » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:48 pm

Do you have any info about the artists performing at this camps?

fspace

F-SPACE San SOLeil?

Post by fspace » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:04 pm

F-SPACE would love to peform again this year. We have our drummer and sound wizard with us this year.

http://www.MOBILIZATION.com

let us know. We'll be there early and late this year, and camped on the Esplanade near Thunderdome.
[url=http://www.mobilization.com]MobiliZation.com[/url]
[img]http://www.mobilization.com/images/bmtour98noboardsmall.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mobilization.com/images/jenerik_main_firephoto.gif[/img]

Savior69

10 & Esplanade?

Post by Savior69 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Are you guys sure that you are at the 10'oclock corner? Reorient (Disorient in disguise) was there last year, and i think i saw that they were to be there again this year.

alienfry

Post by alienfry » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:14 pm

am i blind? i didnt realize the camps map was released. neat. ::fingers crossed tightly, turning blue, i want oh so badly to be in a plaza::
awesome oppossum

Savior69

Post by Savior69 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:31 am

no camp maps aren't posted yet, as far as i know. I'm in NYC area and went to an event with burning man artist showing what they are bringing to the dessert. I saw a map that had Disorient on the corner again.

Hope so, they Rock!

CyberMyc

To House of Lotus

Post by CyberMyc » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:57 am

This will be my 2nd Burn, and I have really been sucked into the "community help" thing this year. I was wondering, could we make a trade? I would love to come and help build your beautiful camp site, as well as spin records at one of your nightly big partys. I gaurentee a great hi energy Hard Disco House set, as well as some good hard labor thruout the days. Would you be willing to make that trade? I just want to beable to say I did more this year, than I did last year. I'll check on these posts, as well as check my email. [email protected]

~Sincearly
CyberMyc

Sakadelik

Post by Sakadelik » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:04 am

Any psytrance artists performing at this camps????
please let me know!!!

Hottlotus

Post by Hottlotus » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:35 pm

I was really inspired last year with what was done there, and spent most of my waking hours till sunrise dancing there. Ive been dreaming to peform there ever since. Please give me a place to spin.. I will make a special "Vault of Heaven" Mix in Dedication for this years theme. It will be High-Energy, Nu-Energy Trance and a live set of spiritual Vocals of OM sounds (Appropreate for the Lotus floor).. speakin of which.. Ive had this email for several years.. contact me.

[email protected]

Im willing to contribute labor as well and uplift spirits with my mix after. Let me know if there are time slots availible.

Regards,
Raven

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”