Public Masturbation

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
nym

Public Masturbation

Post by nym » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:06 am

Just curious what people think, since Burning Man is such a open-minded community and BRC now has a red light district.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:18 am

:lol:

NYM does it again.

I'm all for it. Male or female.
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:03 am

Euwwwww.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:42 am

aww, come on Anti M. you know you love to...............________________

(fill in the blank. :lol: )

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:07 am

From all the posts that I've read so far about this happening (or where it was mentioned, anyway) people seem to be pretty negative about it. I would think that even in the red light district it wouldn't be kosher. That's like saying in the black light district it would be cool to eat a pill out in the open.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

nym

Post by nym » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:45 am

Fat SAM wrote:From all the posts that I've read so far about this happening (or where it was mentioned, anyway) people seem to be pretty negative about it. I would think that even in the red light district it wouldn't be kosher. That's like saying in the black light district it would be cool to eat a pill out in the open.
Two completely seperate things. The law enforcement overlooks nudity at BM, and since the event is now sexually segregated, there's no reason to fear the children. I don't believe the BMorg ever said that the black light district was a drug-zone, but they have officially created a "red light district" by segregating the playa sexually.

Also, while I've never masturbated in public, but I don't see anything fundimentally wrong with it. Does it make it better if a woman is doing it Fat Sam? Here's an opposing viewpoint from Juile:
Julie wrote:I would think that at Burning Man, something like public masturbation wouldn't get such a negative response. There is a time and place for it though and generally common sense should always be applied. There's an appropriate atmosphere for everything at the event. As long as you're in an atmosphere where you feel is comfortable and safe, where kids have no chance of accidentally seeing you, I don't find a problem with it.

It is afterall something that you don't see everyday. If I ever saw someone masturbating there I would just accept it and think wow...they have a lot of self-confidence to be able to show themselves in that manner. I mean, it is an expression of radical self-expression, right? How much more radical can you be, sexually, apart from masturbating in front of a bunch of people and having all the self-confidence in the world? In my opinion, it takes a lot of guts. People need to lighten up, seriously.
I don't really care what other people do at Burning Man, as long as they don't destroy my property or try to mame me or my friends. Radical self-expression in any other way seems appropiate on the playa, seggregation or not.

Badger

Post by Badger » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:30 pm

BRC now has a red light district.
What the hell are you talking about?

Seriously.

You can start with cites.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Post by Badger » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 pm

I don't believe the BMorg ever said that the black light district was a drug-zone, but they have officially created a "red light district" by segregating the playa sexually.
Reading this after my above question I have to ask where the hell you picked this up from?

Officially created a red light district?

Segregating the playa sexually?

If you're playaing 'troll' by writing this silliness you're not doing a very good job.

On the other hand, If you're playing deceptive, uninformed poster-of-the-week I'll give you a 7.3 because nothing that you've mentioned in this thread so far is correct.
Desert dogs drink deep.

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:23 pm

I will just ignore just about everything you posted here and simple answer the question...

Public Masturbation i do have a problem with. I know first hand ( not on the playa but elsewhere ) that it can be a little creepy. When the person is watching your every move, it can be a little strange and make you feel very uncomfortable.

I suppose in right setting, with the right people, it would be fine. There is a place for everything. If everyone was feeling comfortable with it and didnt mind, then that is fine but in a public area.... there are just too many people.
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[size=100][color=darkred]
The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
[/color][/size]

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:47 pm

I'm sure it would be more sexually arousing for me to see a woman masturbating, but no, I wouldn't say that it makes it more right at all. I'm sure some would say, like Tears, that it's a kind of violation to have someone stare at you and masturbate openly.

And yeah, it really is the same thing. People are bringing up the fact all the time that BRC is in Nevada and that people must adhere to Nevada's laws. Just like it's against the law to eat a pill, it's against the law to masturbate publicly. I think it falls under the heading of lewdness and if it's done at a person I think it's a particular type of harassment.

If someone camping next to our was staring at me or my wife and tugging it, I'd probably take issue. If some chick were staring at me or my wife and playing with herself, like I say, honestly, I'd probably be a little aroused by it, but that's still pretty freaky behaviour. Why not just do that in one of the places where it's expected? Or in one's tent?

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:14 pm

Red light district my ass. And public masturbation is probably something the LEO's would feel they have to 'handle'.

Assuming, just assuming that it was fine and dandy with the Law, and it wasn't creepy (I said to assume); wouldn't you have to ask the person's permission that you're whackin' off over? I mean, you have to ask people's permission to take their picture; it hardly seems fair for you to stare at somebody and jerk off without askin' the object of your affections if they mind.

"Do you mind if I stare at you while I masturbate?"

Naaah. Nothin' creepy about that...

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:54 pm

Too bad there's not a Pink Pussy Cat Camp (correct name?) this year, then you could do semi-public masturbation with lots of admirers looking on. Though surely someone is filling that void this year.
Be the change you seek in the world.

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:17 pm

[quote="Sensei"]Red light district my ass. And public masturbation is probably something the LEO's would feel they have to 'handle'.
quote]

Nice. No pun intended, I'm sure.

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:21 pm

You raise a great point, by the way, Sensei. I assume you have to ask to take someone's picture because of a concern over whether or not you might be exploiting the fact that he/she is nude and doing their thing. Some frat boy back at the PIE or XYZ or whatever they call themselves might be looking at that picture and getting his jollies and that makes you feel funny, yeah? How much more someone doing it right there? Sure, it's more honest, but waaaaaaaaaaay more yucky.

nym

Post by nym » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:35 pm

Badger wrote:
BRC now has a red light district.
What the hell are you talking about?

Seriously.

You can start with cites.
Calm down badger, I am not trolling. Don't assume everyone is making up shit just for you to discredit. I don't appreciate you calling me I liar without giving me half a chance.

http://www.tribe.net/tribe/servlet/temp ... 26page%3D1

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:06 pm

Ah ha ha ha ha ha.........

I like nym.

Nice nym! Oh I like Tribe also. I have'nt been there in awhile. :lol:

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:40 am

Don't assume everyone is making up shit just for you to discredit.
Then speak.

Provide answers and the cites to buttress the points you make.

You said that the BM project has created a red light district. This suggests a conscious decision to segregate and ghettoize camps that have an adult theme or are adult oriented in nature. This is not the case. The information is wrong. Not true. Misinformed.

Not correct.

I don't appreciate you calling me I liar without giving me half a chance. [/quote]

Nowhere in my reply did I either call or suggest that you're lying in posting to the subject. There's a difference - quite a difference - in calling someone on bad, bogus informationa vs suggesting that they are lying.

I'd suggest its you that might calm down as far as over reacting to what is not an unreasonable request. Namely, if you make a blanket statement that I (or others) know (or suspect) to be incorrect you should be both willing and able to provided citattions/references/links/etc. to make the case.

Remember that hearsay, rumor and innuendo do not count as sources of fact.

I await your proofs.
Desert dogs drink deep.

stuart

Post by stuart » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:38 pm

was in camp last year. Guy got up on our shadow dance stage and started to play 5 on 1. He was all 'freedom of expression man' I was all 'not on MY stage! Shut the hell up and get the hell down!'
this was my response on tribe

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:58 pm

I was at the Glastonbury Festival last summer. Went over with a bud (Ranger Haggis) to the event after getting free tix and 1st class accomodations just to see who they ramp up to an event that involves 150,000 people. It was pretty surreal.

While we were there Hag and I walked about the event where they had small, intimate gazebo type set ups for musicians to play their songs in lieu of the main stage(s). We were walking by and were sipping our cider and we came on this woman who seemed to be having a GREAT time with herself.

http://www.gurn.net/meza/glastowank/

Haggis and I were sort of stood back at a distance and watched. We weren't watching her (been there, done that) as much as we were watching the reactions of the British folks who were sort of...stumbling into this....scene.

Have to say that if you've been to Burning Man you get somewhat use to the unexpected so it really wasn't a big deal for us. Watching the reactions of the somewhat reserved British on the other hand was a priceless fucking experience. The sheer H O R R O R on their faces and their overall negative reactions was some of the best damn entertainment I've seen in many, many moons.

BTW, after the guitarist tossed a bin of trash on the woman she continued going at pleasuring herslf completely unphased by his reaction. I swear her 'performance' bordered on art. All the more so because she didn't seem to be on drugs or otherwise altered.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:21 pm

See? That's just creepy...

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:40 pm

oooo, :shock:

Ok so Badger may have a point to a certain extent. I still say more power to her.

(That was still funny. :lol: )

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:28 pm

Then there's the Republican Convention next month!

Lots of Masterbation happens there!

Too bad at Glastonbury. A guitarist get upsurped by a real act and throws garbage on some real public acting.

So far nym has a great immagination like to make up his own BM Policies!

Next year a topic like this can get better explored in the over eighteen over Discussion board, but maybe this thread should be deleted and then maybe some idiots (socks included) need a thread bashing for completely ignorant nymrods!

A II Z

bdongray

Post by bdongray » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:58 am

Badger wrote:I was at the Glastonbury Festival last summer...

Haggis and I were sort of stood back at a distance and watched. We weren't watching her (been there, done that) as much as we were watching the reactions of the British folks who were sort of...stumbling into this....scene.

Have to say that if you've been to Burning Man you get somewhat use to the unexpected so it really wasn't a big deal for us. Watching the reactions of the somewhat reserved British on the other hand was a priceless fucking experience. The sheer H O R R O R on their faces and their overall negative reactions was some of the best damn entertainment I've seen in many, many moons.
Odd... bring a Brit myself this is <B>NOT</B> the reaction of any Brit I know, as most of us would find it amusing and probably would cheer her on. Just watch UK TV or listen to most of the comedy to see we're not "reserved" sexually - at all. Perhaps you were viewing the tourists? Maybe if it was British folks, the negative reactions were to tell her to "go away" as they wanted to see the artist, and not her.

To be honest, when I moved to the USA <I>I</I> was surprised to see how puritan the USA was, eg when blurring out breasts on late night cable TV (eg Howard Stern on E!). But (and this is my horror), it was ok to show some violent scenes (in a movie) around dinner time on broadcast TV! So I am pleased that people at BM are not like this, and it's probably the vocal minority who make TV the way it is.

As to public masturbation, as long as they leave no trace, it's ok with me.
--
Bryan

Yonder Burn

alternative venue

Post by Yonder Burn » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:26 pm

So lets see ....what are our alternative venues to Pink Pussy Cat Camp this year? Have had fun there in previous years without being worried about being in the wrong place or anything. Anyone make some valid suggestions?

[quote="Stormy"]Too bad there's not a Pink Pussy Cat Camp (correct name?) this year, then you could do semi-public masturbation with lots of admirers looking on. Though surely someone is filling that void this year.[/quote]
Yonder is my name and Yonder is my home

lookout

Playa clean-up

Post by lookout » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:11 pm

May the powers that be help us if we get a post-burn report of the clean-up crews having to suffer through picking up used tissues or whatever may fall to the dusty playa floor.
I may have to reconsider my foot wear choices as well... :shock: :shock:

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:15 pm

It's a playa, right? Surely you would expect to find at least [some sea men on a beach!

You get it? See, because sea men...and playa means beach...see? Are you following me?

Is this on?

G.W.B.

Post by G.W.B. » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:19 pm

Grand Whopping Bastard.

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:44 pm

You get it? See, because sea men...and playa means beach...see? Are you following me?
Haven't seen much (or many) sea men on the playa.

However, I have seen the Mermen on the playa and that's a good thing.

A damn good thing.
Desert dogs drink deep.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:12 pm

Badger wrote:
However, I have seen the Mermen on the playa and that's a good thing.

A damn good thing.
R those guys still playing? :shock:

trailboy

I think it is great...

Post by trailboy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:09 am

I liked jerkin off for people to see previously at the Burn. Pinky's was fun, at my camp, and at some other camps that had fun people who liked to watch..I found that lots of females enjoyed the show, and several males just watched probably because they had not watched another guy jerk before..(that would be the str8 ones). Looking forward to many days of nudity at the Burn this year...and much more stroking...
Hey guys, previous burner here..let me know if you are out there and in my part of the country! Have been to 3 burns so far. This will be #4.

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”