Concept Behind Miss Black Rock City 2004

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
MBRC

Concept Behind Miss Black Rock City 2004

Post by MBRC » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:23 pm

hello all! i wrote this for a thread on the new miss black rock city tribe, thought it might be on topic for this board as well.

i want to point out an important aspect of the pageant that is not to be missed - it is also about seeing the various regions / camps / villages / campers of black rock city represented in one event. burning man is a sort of meeting of the tribes, so to speak - and pageants are a time honored manner in which to give props to the smaller parts of any given whole. when people cheer for their favorite contestant, it isnt JUST about beauty - its also about who or what they represent. especially at this pageant, where people give themselves their own titles. if that makes sense.

rumors are of several self-proclaimed beauty queens in the works... miss disorient, miss you are that pig, miss gigsville - as well as several independent self-proclaimed beauty queens. i am so proud!

http://goldbergs.com/mbrc for more details.

see you all out there!
::StacycatS
Miss Black Rock City - The Self-Proclaimed Beauty Queen
http://www.missblackrockcity.com

beatdizzy

Miss Whos your Daddy?

Post by beatdizzy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:01 am

Some Ideas for Daddy role play:

Miss Interpret / Miss Understood
Miss Communication
Miss Directed
Miss Ann Thropist
Miss Ogynistic
Miss Behaving
Miss Ing
Miss Fit
Miss Fired ( :twisted: )

This is easy and fun to participate in IF YOU ARE KICK ASS STYLIN' that is - think booze, shoes and automobiles....

I have heard rumors about snogging, flogging, boozing and cruising - I have more information Missy's... and I am not above bribery.

Much love
x Miss Demeanor x

beatdizzy

Miss Whos your Daddy?

Post by beatdizzy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:01 am

Miss Communication
Miss Directed
Miss Ann Thropist
Miss Ogynistic
Miss Behaving
Miss Ing
Miss Fit

This is easy and fun to participate in IF YOU ARE KICK ASS STYLIN' that is - think booze, shoes and automobiles....

I have heard rumors about snogging, flogging, boozing and cruising - I have more information Missy's... and I am not above bribery.

Much love
x Miss Demeanor x

beatdizzy

Miss Whos your Daddy?

Post by beatdizzy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:05 am

Miss Communication
Miss Directed
Miss Ann Thropist
Miss Ogynistic
Miss Behaving
Miss Ing
Miss Fit

Much love
x Miss Demeanor x

beatdizzy

ERM

Post by beatdizzy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:10 am

Pehaps I should be Miss IngBlonde

Sorry for bagillion posts.

xL

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:27 pm

(oh miz beat dizzy, youre so silly! )

i made a PSA for the project! its self-produced and it sounds like it, but i dont care - i did it! yay!

heres our schedule again:

* Sash Making Workshop: tues @ 330pm smoochdome

* The Miss Illumination 2004 Special Event: thurs @ 1159pm, New Days Eve

* The Miss Black Rock CIty 2004 Preliminaries: thurs @ 3390pm, Asylum

* The Miss Black Rock City 2004 Main Event: friday @ 230pm, disorient

see you all out there

TheMuse

Post by TheMuse » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:14 pm

Can I be miss Undead?

:twisted:
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:55 pm

Miss BRC! Damn, girl, you got a voice for FM radio (my father is a radio DJ - Sensei knows of what he speaks).

And to repeat, DIBS ON MISS WALK-IN CAMPING! Although, If camp names didn't sound so cool I might be tempted to go with either 'Miss Congeniality' or ' Miss Information'...

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:31 pm

TheMuse wrote:Can I be miss Undead?

why yes, somethng tells me that you would be a fine miss undead, indeed!

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:33 pm

Sensei wrote:Miss BRC! Damn, girl, you got a voice for FM radio (my father is a radio DJ - Sensei knows of what he speaks).

And to repeat, DIBS ON MISS WALK-IN CAMPING! Although, If camp names didn't sound so cool I might be tempted to go with either 'Miss Congeniality' or ' Miss Information'...
hahaha, miss walk-in camping!

you might have to fight a gigsvillan for miss information (in the thunderdome? pretty please?)

Gothalot

Post by Gothalot » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:36 am

MBRC wrote:
TheMuse wrote:Can I be miss Undead?

why yes, somethng tells me that you would be a fine miss undead, indeed!
She has MY vote. Could I alter the judges decision with some flagrant commercial pleedings in one of my Gazette articles. Just a subtile mention maybe threatening to drop my kilt if they dont vote for her.

Hmmmm.

-Gothalot

MBRC

the inside scoop!

Post by MBRC » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:35 am

prelims: groups of contestants (10 per group) hit various camps within asylum for 10 minutes each. the groups will be asked to perfom a task, one that relates to the theme of each camp. contestants who perfom such tasks with STYLE and FUNK will be noted by judges provided by the theme camps. air horns will sound to switch theme camps, the schedule is TIGHT. run run run! i will be watching you. i am everywhere

miss illumination: only 2 sections, costume and interview. questions pulled from a hat, taken form 'producing beauty pageants - a directors guide' by some scary lady from texas i think. this event is pretty relaxed, yet slightly chaotic as contestants are not required to do the prelims.

MBRC; you know the 4 sections. 10 finalists from prelims, 5 alternates. timeline of the show to last approx 80 minutes. questions like miss illum. only me and the contestant we are featuring will be on stage at any given time, other contestants wait offstage. contestants who took part in the prelims are invited to parade their costumes in between those sections of the pageant, on stage.

keep in mind that while there are judges, i am the one who holds the crown, the tiara, and the microphone when it comes time to make the announcement. no beauty pageant is FAIR. so have fun!

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:49 pm

MBRC wrote:... you might have to fight a gigsvillan for miss information (in the thunderdome? pretty please?)
Yeah, right. I've done some really stupid shit in my life, but to get in the Thunderdome with a gigvillian? You must think I'm fuckin' nuts... Sorry babe, but not-a-chance. Even if your pic is cute as hell (I mean, you are Miss Black Rock City).

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:13 pm

Sensei wrote:
MBRC wrote:... you might have to fight a gigsvillan for miss information (in the thunderdome? pretty please?)
Yeah, right. I've done some really stupid shit in my life, but to get in the Thunderdome with a gigvillian? You must think I'm fuckin' nuts... Sorry babe, but not-a-chance. Even if your pic is cute as hell (I mean, you are Miss Black Rock City).
DAMN. oh well, it was a nice try :)

if you wanna see a fun thunderdome fight tho... the bears posse (40 members strong - we run to various camps and raid their coolers for beer) are fighting the black rock animal control wednesday night at midnight in the thunderdome. i may be too scared to fight as well, however with all that beer it might seem like a really good idea... Beauty Bear might have to step up :twisted:

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:07 pm

MBRC wrote:
you might have to fight a gigsvillan for miss information (in the thunderdome? pretty please?)
No all fights with Gigs Villains must take place on Mutaytor's stage. Sorry we only fight on our own turf. We prefer the unfair advantage. Besides it's close to the Car-B-Que where we dispose of the losers. :wink:
Be the change you seek in the world.

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:56 pm

Stormy wrote:
MBRC wrote:
No all fights with Gigs Villains must take place on Mutaytor's stage. Sorry we only fight on our own turf. We prefer the unfair advantage. Besides it's close to the Car-B-Que where we dispose of the losers. :wink:
ha! unless the villain is also a bear - then she fights in the thunderdome. in fact, a villain is responsible for organizing bear/BRAC bouts!

the gigsville tentacles reach far and wide.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:58 pm

Funny Tig mentioned the Bears today.
Be the change you seek in the world.

MBRC

Post by MBRC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:39 am

Stormy wrote:Funny Tig mentioned the Bears today.
you mean MISS INFORMATION?! :D

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:56 am

MBRC wrote:
Sensei wrote:
DAMN. oh well, it was a nice try :)

if you wanna see a fun thunderdome fight tho... the bears posse (40 members strong - we run to various camps and raid their coolers for beer) are fighting the black rock animal control wednesday night at midnight in the thunderdome. i may be too scared to fight as well, however with all that beer it might seem like a really good idea... Beauty Bear might have to step up :twisted:
Sorry, but BRCAC was my former home away from playa home.
I'll be pulling for those sexy catchers in the orange suits.
surlier than thou

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: the inside scoop!

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:00 am

MBRC wrote:no beauty pageant is FAIR.
For some reason they never say this in New Jersey

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”