Candy Raver Camp

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
DjMoNkEyBoY

Candy Raver Camp

Post by DjMoNkEyBoY » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:38 pm

Where are all my Candy ravers?
Let's hear some Happy Hardcore man!
I'll spin for days!
Keep it Real!
Keep it Happy!
Keep it Hardcore!
I'm a b-boy- You saw that I am!
Rockin to tha beat with my b-boy clan!

Mark Hinkley

Post by Mark Hinkley » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:27 am

Oh God, now you've done it.

consumer

Post by consumer » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:43 am

Go to Nocturnal Wonderland on Labor Day weekend if you wanna connect with the candy raver massive.

binaryuplink
Burning Since: 2003

Post by binaryuplink » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:43 pm

i think this could be a great parody camp
blea!!!

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:36 pm

Hey, its a good Idea. I would do it, I went to this campout one time as a candy raver and everyone thought it was my burningman outfit! I will let you use my unfinished project from this year that should be finished bt next year, The Candy Shiva. I seriously want to help, people do not understand the true nature of candy raving. It is time to rise up and show the world what candy raving really is! How about a whole chill dome filled with black light reactive stuffed animals? We would bring tons of water! All real candy ravers already have camelbacks and personal fans. I went out with a couple kids who were rolling, and kept making them drink water and fanning them to keep them cool. BLEW THIER MINDS. Everyone needs a candy raver, particularly out in the desert. we could make buttons that say PLUR PATROL and give them out and explain PLUR to people like the love rangers, it would work really well at burningman. I met this ranger who was wearing candy and asked her if a candy kid gave it to her, and she said that it was someone who had been doing it for years and was definately NOT a candy kid, and then she described the nature of this person, and it was totaly like the original kandy kid, and I said, mabe he is the one the candy kids got the idea from.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

DjMoNkEyBoY

Post by DjMoNkEyBoY » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:00 pm

Ah yes Angry Butterfly it seems you understand my initial post!
But I'd like to point put one thing
It's PLURR not just plur
peace, love, unity, respect, and RESPONSIBILITY
We need to place more focus on the last one. Wouldn't you agree?
Keep it Real!
Keep it Happy!
Keep it Hardcore!
I'm a b-boy- You saw that I am!
Rockin to tha beat with my b-boy clan!

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:05 pm

YES! I just stopped using the extra R because a very spiritual hard core candy friend of mine said that it was implied with the Respect, but I always used the double r instead until recently, and people need to know about that second R, PARTICULARLY AT BURNINGMAN. It would be nice if we made it as eco friendly as possible, in the spirit of leave no trace renegades. A big bounus would be that we wouldnt have to hide our candy, we could keep it on right out in the open. Too many people have this image of a candy raver as an e'd out 15 year old, and do not understand. I pretty much wear my baggy pants and bright colors all the time and people at burningman saw this and kept asking me where to get E, instead they got a lecture on PLURR and resposible drug use. We could even have a DanceSafe table, since dancesafe gives so much out for free. My rolling friends, balked when I offered them my pacifier, I explained that was the reason I carried one even if I wasnt rolling, but they didnt take it. Funny thing was, I was the only candy raver in my camp, but I did the LEAST drugs. I liked to keep an eye on my friends who were, even though they know what they are doing, it is just nice to have someone making sure you drink your water, keep you cool and help find you a nice comfy place to crash.

It is funny because almost all my friends are psy trancers, the first time i wore candy to a psy trance event, a few people dissed me for it, but my close friends just sort of accepted it and playfully ribbed me for it. Pretty soon they just accepted me as the eccentric "candytrancer" At Burningman they started to really understand just what the candy meant. That is why I think the camp is a great idea.

Someday I will tell you how raving saved my life and how I became a candy kid, that was the idea behind the "Candy Shiva" Since I have a whole year now I might make a really big one, after I finish the first one, I had to make the original half the size I wanted to because the company that makes the beads I wanted to use stopped making that color (HOT PINK), and I had to substitute glow in the dark beads for blacklight reactive, and buy them retail, I could only get 5000 when I needed 10,000 and by the time I actualy got them it was too late to finish ( each limb takes about 10 hours). ( The color has personal signifigance ) I would really like the peice to include the story behind it.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:18 pm

142 views and no takers but me, donkeyboy? Common, I know the candy kids are out there.

I am really exited about this idea, I want to make a logo with the man wearing candy and baggy pants and give out reusable water bottles on candy strings inscribed with something like" stay hydrated! please refill this bottle and share your water. and if you no longer need it, pass it on to someone who does, PLURR" Heck, I might do that in real life, you know, something more substantial than candy. And we can have a candy making station, so people can make their own candy, and we can have events, not just djs, but like a pajama regression rave and "Neighbor appriciation quiet chill down time" where we spin like happy hardcore lullabies, at like 5 or 6 in the morning and we could have like a "Good trip tent" where we can have candy ravers who are all like making sure people are ok and happy. And at psy trance events they always have mornig yoga and it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD we could have yoga too, and it would be specificly for beginners since I know a lot of people are intimidated about doing yoga with people who are really good already and most of my "candy" friends dont do it but would like to try. And we could have a trinket recycling station, since people dont like getting trinkets, but candy kids LOVE them. We could also give out masks and other "Raver" stuff that is useful on the playa. I totaly voulenteer to start a topica list if anyone is interested!

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:23 pm

And we could have a candy car!

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:07 am

Angry Butterfly wrote:It is funny because almost all my friends are psy trancers, the first time i wore candy to a psy trance event, a few people dissed me for it, but my close friends just sort of accepted it and playfully ribbed me for it. Pretty soon they just accepted me as the eccentric "candytrancer" At Burningman they started to really understand just what the candy meant. That is why I think the camp is a great idea.
I've been away too long...
Fight for the fifth freedom!

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:08 am

Angry Butterfly wrote:142 views and no takers but me, donkeyboy? Common, I know the candy kids are out there.
Do you promise not to hit me?
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:22 pm

I promise not to hit anyone who even attemts to give me a little PLURR in return!

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:18 pm

202! Where arre my candy kids? do i have to bring my own?

jbelson

Post by jbelson » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:55 pm

I think you should change your name to "Candy butterfly". :D
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:06 pm

Actually, I have a few different names, Angry Butterfly is just my E Playa name, my "raver" name is "Sarah Shroom"

fitchu

Post by fitchu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:44 am

i think it could be a good idea.

i think it would be cool if there was something that sort of covered all genres of electronic music, esp the ones that are smaller. maybe more of a portrayal of how parties used to be?

is there any electronica at bm? i haven't gone, but really want to go next year, if i can get everything together. i was under the impression that there it was more about art/community than music, even though music is art and part of community...
i've seen lots of pictures of art and such, but not of dj's, or people dancing or anything like that.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:37 pm

Why yes, there is a lot of electronica at Burning Man. Some people even say there is too much. The Music Scene is exellent in general and there is a lot of Genre bending and mixing.

spaceboy

Post by spaceboy » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:42 am

fitchu wrote: is there any electronica at bm?
Ha HA hA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Whwew. Thanks for that larf. <chuckle>

<wiping laughter tear from eyes>

There is a bunch. And not that I'm dissing the idea, but... a candy raver camp is sort of moot isn't it? I see quite a bit of candy-ness in the psy camps and all round the playa for that matter. Are you just trying to corral them into one big hug plur fest?

--spaceboy--
Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die!

Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Post by Borris » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:44 am

I'll join your camp if u let me DJ hard dark german techno to the candy kids.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:24 pm

I am a hidden Candy Kid, i have over 300 of those little kandi bracelets.
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[size=100][color=darkred]
The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
[/color][/size]

TechKnow_shaman

Post by TechKnow_shaman » Wed May 05, 2004 4:59 pm

Being a psy-trancer myself, I am allways happy to see candy kids at psy parties. It's good to see them trying music other than the typical prog-trance, and mainstream rave that most of them listen too. Most candy kids I have met have been really cool.

Badger

Post by Badger » Wed May 05, 2004 6:57 pm

Most candy kids I have met have been really cool.
Our experiences have been very different.
Desert dogs drink deep.

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 pm

Badger wrote:
Most candy kids I have met have been really cool.
Our experiences have been very different.
True kandi kids are sweet fun loving people.. Yes many do drugs, but some dont... there are many people who call themselves candy kids, but in reality, they are just annoying little "etards"..

No offence to anyone of course
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

rubyredalys

Post by rubyredalys » Sat May 15, 2004 1:28 am

angry-
girl i probably saw you at parties...from 99-on sf was the homebase if you will (props if you get the inside joke)!

i was, and will forever be a candy kid. i saved several of my outfits and my candy to show my kids someday.
if this does get off the ground i will def visit, camp or otherwise.

-a

leslielandberg

raving camps

Post by leslielandberg » Tue May 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Okay, I did think "candy raver" was basically a very young person, who probably didn't know how to handle their drugs yet...my term for someone who is deeply involved in the scene is "hard core raver"...which could mean an awesome dancer, or a serious life-styler. In either case, I've noticed for those folks it's not about the drugs, although we all do indulge in a sensible fashion.

BTW, being a serious musician, my main quibble is with the music: I love good electronica, but there's not enough of it being played. Especially trance and techno have just mountains of mediocre cuts that get done to death, but no one seems to notice. Anyone know of any really good DJ's out there on the playa this year? I like acid jazz, jungle, old school, deep house and funk/fusion. Stuff with a good back beat and multi-timboral, or with ambient or acoustic elements blended in. I like to dance and I still have a lot of my old outfits, too.

stuart

Post by stuart » Tue May 25, 2004 12:50 pm

I love good electronica, but there's not enough of it being played. Especially trance and techno have just mountains of mediocre cuts that get done to death, but no one seems to notice.
why should those genres of music be any different from all, and I do mean all, other genres of music regarding heaping piles of mediocrity?

leslielandberg

Post by leslielandberg » Tue May 25, 2004 3:46 pm

ooohh, good one. got me there!

careacter

Post by careacter » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:19 pm

hi first post here from pre-reality. all i have to say is i am very excited for my first time ! dont have my tik yet but things are setting into motion. ah so much planning, i love it : ) could you tell me roughly, how many camps bump psy/GOA?

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:31 am

careacter wrote:hi first post here from pre-reality. all i have to say is i am very excited for my first time ! dont have my tik yet but things are setting into motion. ah so much planning, i love it : ) could you tell me roughly, how many camps bump psy/GOA?

WELCOME TO THE EPLAYA!!!!
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

mamasaid

mmm tst mmm tst mmm tst (say in rhythm)

Post by mamasaid » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:50 am

"anger is like a little puppy that doesn't know any better, if you don't let it out it piddles on the carpet of your soul"

anyone can use a phrase to justify any sort of behavior in their life, be it well mannered or not very nice.

Ususally, when I get pissed off at something, I have learned over time to see what it is that I can't stand in myself. when I look, it's usually way down deep, underneath the mask of my ego, hidden by years of hurt and denial. Sometimes, I can't see it at all, because my ego and my fear tell me it aint there.
But ususally in a few years, and with my handy dandy meditation practice, I see it and shut my mouth, give my self some compassion, give the person I was pissed off at some compassion, have a laugh and move on...
Oh, and by the way, I have never been a candy raver. however. I've watched a very dear person in my life go almost all the way down on speed. It aint pretty. This is the reason you never really realize that the music aint that good. Either you are too cracked out to notice the music, but also too cracked out to realize that the music and the drugs are vibrating the lowest chakras...There's a can of worms for you...

Love,
Maldita
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”