e playa meet and greet

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
chloe_dancer

e playa meet and greet

Post by chloe_dancer » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:10 pm

thank you to the barbie death camp for organizing the fabulous meet and greet! it was awesome to put a face to a name!!!! will the group photo be posted?? i had such a great time, and was so touched that some of you even came to my and lucky's wedding friday morning!!!! we are home safe in san luis, and cannot wait to see you all next year!!!!! love and light, chloe_dancer
Last edited by chloe_dancer on Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
i feel there is an angel in me whom i am constantly shocking

nymphgonebad

Post by nymphgonebad » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:32 am

hey chloe - sorry we missed the wedding, i hope it was fabulous.

beth

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:26 am

Thanks chloe, we had a great time hosting the event. Obviously everyone will want to host it next year, my demented campmates would like to be considered again as your hosts. Maybe we should just wait our turn...at this rate, around 2047 would be the next time BDC&WB would be up. Hope everyone got home safe and sound. By the way, it is just me or is this forum more complicated than the last? Maybe I'm just not used to it, or just plain stupid. And Das Bus, thanks for the mail, and the answer to your question enclosed is: Yes!

The Doc

Das Bus

Post by Das Bus » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:46 am

Congratulations Doc! hehehehehehehe
Medicated and Motivated!

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:24 am

Das Bus
It was neat to run into someone who remembered me. Had a great trip home. Never did find our art cart though. Do you come through Fallon coming and going to the burn? Next year I might have to make a point of wearing a watch one day, so I can make it to the Meet and Great.
[/b]

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:47 am

The Meet and Greet was one of the high points for me. It was fun finally putting faces to all the screen names and strong personalities here. I accosted HH with my tribal penis gourd, something I doubt I'd do if totally sober.

Hey, those emoticons to the left of the window I'm writing in are a little spooky!

Cheers to the eplayans!
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Das Bus

Post by Das Bus » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:11 pm

Goathead:
It was great meeting you and Mrs. Goatcheese! You two are a riot!

Sorry to hear about your golf cart. I was still looking as we left the gate. And yes, we go through Fallon each way.
:lol:
Medicated and Motivated!

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:23 pm

DPW found it.....
This is amazing.
Will have to give them kegs of homebrew next year.
I would this year but we don't have any left
But I will not forget them, they also will get goodies from Fallon this year before they get off the playa.

gitarman2004

Post by gitarman2004 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:08 pm

It was a fun time all around for Moon Mermaid and myself. Thanks to our hosts and good friends Doc Pyro and Frank! We can't wait to see that group pic posted. I will post some of the pics that i took as soon as I can. Anyone wanting pics emailed to them can contact me at my email, gitarman2004@hotmail.com.

Chloe: My Beautiful wife and I were so sorry that we missed your wedding! Maybe we can be at your Anniversary party next year? Maybe you can be at OUR party next year! YOWZA!!
:roll:
"What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?"

chloe_dancer

Post by chloe_dancer » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:21 pm

aww that's ok...it was early and very very hot........... i'd love to see your pictures!!!!!

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:49 pm

doc. pyro welcomes
effortlessly sets at ease
even my shy self

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:51 pm

nearly skipped the thing
curiosity won out
still have six lives left

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:52 pm

now i'm wondering
how could i have missed the thing
you are so much fun

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:55 pm

personalities
attached to the many words
contrast the faces

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:55 pm

I, for one, was glad to have met you!
It's all about the squirrels.

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:57 pm

crazy-beautiful
resplendant in playa garb
each and everyone

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:01 pm

thank you lydia,
as i was glad to meet you.
you force of nature

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:05 pm

you force of nature
you just made my day

stu

Post by stu » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:47 pm

Lydia,

Just noticed you are from Bremerton. I drove near there on my way to Port Angeles to get the ferry back to Van. Island. The drive up is really neat and will be touring through there sometime in the future. I'll definitely look you up when I do.
<i>What's</i> my fucking gift?

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:49 pm

stu wrote:Lydia,

Just noticed you are from Bremerton. I drove near there on my way to Port Angeles to get the ferry back to Van. Island. The drive up is really neat and will be touring through there sometime in the future. I'll definitely look you up when I do.
Oh sure and totally ignore the RebA! I see how it is.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:21 pm

I'll definitely look you up when I do.
Woohoo!

but definately don't ignore the Reba

dj big E

dj big "E" says oops

Post by dj big E » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:41 pm

lmao well since i arrived during my meet and greet shift thyere went my first commitment but i did meet and introduce my self to the wonderful greeter out theyre i cant quite recollect her name at thtis moment but she remembered me because when i told her my eplaya name she screamed out were r the coins lmao i was home.anyways nekt year may i suggest the meet and greet be longer being that time is what you make of it and various other catchy phrases people told me as i was drinking my way to barbie death camp well i arrived about 10 ish i believe needless to say it was empty.From that point on i was off schedule lmao.i met a few of you and to those i failed to meet this year theyre is allways nekt year. I did get to meet the space cowboy crew and that was a highlight.Nekt year i decided to bring an rn lmao wow i was a bad boy more booze then water i also got respitory infection nothing some iv's ant antibiotics couldnt fix. dam i cant wait till nekt year.so i got home to vegas on the 4th a little shellshocked from my trip and whammy new eplaya set up no problem i registered and then my account wouldnt work talk about bummer i wanted to talk about all my experiences.well sorry about the long post but i needed to vent cya all at nekt meet and greet i hope lmao .dj big "E" by the way anyone see the lamplighter coins or the bm post stamps .

electrolux

Post by electrolux » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:34 pm

hey dj big E, i made you a 'hello my name is: LMAO' sticker (in addition to my 'Buddha McJesus' version). oh well maybe you'll get it next year.

clandyone

Post by clandyone » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:39 pm

My "hello, my name is" tag is still affixed to my wedding dress. It says, "[hello, my name is:] An emotional wreck, but fun to play with", which is pretty much right-on.

Hubby accidentally pulled "Impotent", but hastily swapped it for "Divine", which is also right-on.

Das Bus

Post by Das Bus » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:31 am

Hey dj big E!

I didn't realize you were from Vegas! I'm down river from you in Bullhead! We should get together sometime.

The hubby works in Vegas, soif you ever need any help with playa projects, let me know.

Also, the AZburners are having a Decom in Flagstaff the weekend of Oct. 3rd. Let me know if you're interested in going.
Medicated and Motivated!

Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Post by Borris » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:11 am

I lost my "Hello my name is Tuesday" tag together with my red Qafia (mental note: glue quafia to body next time when drinking)
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

chloe_dancer

Post by chloe_dancer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:51 am

my tag is hanging from my bathroom mirror..."the other other white meat" its so funny. actually my first tag said "ben dover" and after getting harrassed for 2 hours she gave me another one. is anyone else having a super hard time giving a shit about work? how could i possibly care about copy machines after burning man? humpf...the nerve of people around here!

MusicVixen

Post by MusicVixen » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:57 am

chloe_dancer wrote:is anyone else having a super hard time giving a shit about work? how could i possibly care about copy machines after burning man? humpf...the nerve of people around here!
Hey Chloe!!
I am having a really rough time concentrating here at the office. I know I have spent much more time on the e-playa than I have been working. I can't wait for decomp!! I wish I had been able to stay at the meet and greet longer. It sounds like you all had a blast!! I have decided I need to be there for the entire week next year!!
[color=indigo]MusicVixen[/color]

Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Post by Borris » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:59 am

Who passed those name tags?? (Man was i drunk??)
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

KnowMatterWhat

Post by KnowMatterWhat » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:58 am

by the way anyone see the lamplighter coins or the bm post stamps
Aren't those coins GREAT? I'm a Lamplighter, a guy named Buddy in our camp created and stamped those bronze coins starting last year. There are several different ones, including a special homage to the Rangers. The Lamplighters LOVE the rangers! Look for more coins to come, collect the set ~ Enjoy ~ Know Matter What

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”