e playa meet and greet

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:49 pm

Playa Time hit with a vengeance so I certainly didn't follow the list. At least I made it to greeter training with everyone, and I got to meet Reba and have a bottle of that wonderful Playa Pale Ale...the praise of this wonderful work of art in a bottle is well deserved. Even the labels look good!

JonoVision

Post by JonoVision » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:06 pm

Heya, my first proper check-in on the eeplaya since BRC. I made it to Texas, in mostly one piece, and now have the month of Sept to put myself back together before wintering in Baja. Had a fan-frickin-tastic time at the M&G, great to put faces to names. My tag was "Hello, I'm Home", pretty good fit for a nooby! Thanks to Doc for the hosting, and all youse other beautiful freeks for making me feel so welcome. I would blether on & on, but a 12pack of LoneStar demands my attention. Will peruse the new BBS more over the next few weeks, and perhaps resuscitate Jono's Wanky Travel Bragging thread before I head south o' the border. All the best to all y'all (Tex grammar rears its head), seeya in 50 weeks or so!

chloe_dancer

Post by chloe_dancer » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:14 am

hi jono!!!!! u sexy thang u
i feel there is an angel in me whom i am constantly shocking

echoboy

Shoutin out to Doc Pyro...

Post by echoboy » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:45 pm

A big thanks to you Doc Pyro, and your lovely lady for your kind
hospitality. Tho I was late gettin over there and missed the meet and greet
it was good to meet you and your camp mates.If you get this give me an Email,I want to talk to you about sumpin..all the best

Echoboy and the
crew at TechnoFartz camp...

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:53 am

SHOUT OUT TO ECHO BOY! You don't have your e-mail address attached to your post. Shoot me one at [email protected] and I'll be happy to get back to you. And thanks for the kind words.

The Doc

Lilly Flower

Post by Lilly Flower » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm

I was just wondering, is there going to be an eplaya meet and greet?
You are watching too much TV.

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:48 am

We are again looking at 6 p.m. Thursday at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro, which is located in Wheeeee!ville. Should be a lot of fun.

Doc

MusicVixen

Post by MusicVixen » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:25 pm

I've been away from the eplaya for awhile getting my son situated to go to Iraq. So gald to be back!!!! I was soooooo glad to read that BDC & WB would be hosting this again this year. Had a fabulous time last year!!! Can't wait to see ya on the playa again this year Dr.!!
[color=indigo]MusicVixen[/color]

zzberlin

The Man Has Spoken

Post by zzberlin » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:37 pm

> Um. You people realize this is the meet and flog, right? yes please keep perspective this is the meet and flog some for pleasure others for pain lmao

Listen people

dj big "E" (laugh don't cry mother fucker lmao)

has dubbed this event the eplaya meet and flog.

Let's hear no more of the former name.

It served its purpose, but now it's time

for meet and flog. Dress accordingly.

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:57 am

ITYM "Meat and Flog".

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:32 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:ITYM "Meat and Flog".
How about "Meat and Grog"? :wink: (Maybe for 2005?)

:)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:26 pm

Be sure and invite Black Rock Dick.

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:26 pm

BUMPING THIS THREAD UP

The 2004 M&G is only 51 days away! As a reminder, it will be held on Thursday evening, September 2nd at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro, which is a part of Wheeeee!ville, and probably overflowing into our neighboring villager's camps (DonutLove, Dreamtime, Smite Camp to name but a few). What I'm asking for if you are not a member of Wheeeee!ville, please let us know you'll be coming (as much as any "plans" can actually me made at Burning Man). What we do respectfully request is that you bring:

1) Your own cup if possible to drink wine/booze out of.
2) Supply either a bag of ice, bottle of booze, or soda/mixers/beer.

We also encourage people to bring something to snack on. This is also a Leave No Trace event, and even though we realize that our camp, as in previous years, will get a little trashed (as will we) we hope that you will be good stewards of both the playa and Wheeeee!ville and ask that you keep the MOOP down to a minimum.

If you have any questions or comment and you want to post them offline, feel free to send me an e-mail. Looking forward to meeting you newbies (please do come!), seeing all the grizzled veterans again, and having one helluva party.

Doc

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:57 pm

Once you take away the faux comfort of a computer screen and keyboard, many of us revert to long dormant social skills resulting in a salubrious experience for all!
Fight for the fifth freedom!

sparkletarte

~

Post by sparkletarte » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:46 pm

Hey Dr. P, count me in.

Wheeee!

dj big E

be theyre or somewhere lol

Post by dj big E » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:05 pm

Last year i tried so hard to get there i arrived at 10 pm. Of course everyone was on the playa romp. This year i will leave my camp at 4pm to arrive on time lol. I get sidetracked easy lmao. So hope to meet everyone finally. :D

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:59 pm

Put me down as an unequivockable maybe.

As some of you may remember, it conflicts with my wedding. I'm happy to have you drop by if interested, but we still haven't figured out exactly where it will be. Currently the smart money is somewhere on 3:00 o'clock plaza. . .

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:38 am

If I don't get distracted again (last year I don't even think I realized it WAS Thursday), I'll definitely be there. And I'll be bearing champagne, cause I love the stuff. Add me to the guest list...and I'll do my best.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

Lysergic

bumpity bump

Post by Lysergic » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:15 am

I'll try and be there as I'm a newb to this whole thing I might um eh get lost or somethin. I hope there are maps to every camp!

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:22 am

Spokes wrote:
Where the hell is Datura?????
Been wondering that myself.
It's always fun to run into posts from last year, asking where the hell you went. I miss my old name. The new board took it away and wouldn't give it back...
--Poe

HepCat1A

Lost my Name too

Post by HepCat1A » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:19 pm

Actually someone else got it, I'll have to find out why they chose "HepCat". Hopefully not for the same reason as I. I've added the genotype to creat a new moniker. I'm mostly a lurker, but occasionaly have something to say. Not much of a drinker these days but i'll try to drop in. I can't remember names for shit, but I never forget a face.

Zona_the_stona

Post by Zona_the_stona » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:32 pm

i originally tried to register "Zona" but someone beat me to it!

I would like to come by and meet some of you crazy people. Definatly never a dull momment on the eplaya board. I'll bring some booze or mixers or something!

Zona_the_stona

Post by Zona_the_stona » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:35 pm

i originally tried to register "Zona" but someone beat me to it!

I would like to come by and meet some of you crazy people. Definatly never a dull momment on the eplaya board. I'll bring some booze or mixers or something!

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:01 pm

originally tried to register "Zona" but someone beat me to it!
I know the "original" Zona. He is quite the freak, and I mean that it the utmost complimentary of ways.

MusicVixen

Post by MusicVixen » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:36 pm

I've got dinner detail that night at my camp but I will do my best to get there in the earlier part of the evening. Has such a great time last year!!
[color=indigo]MusicVixen[/color]

theCryptofishist

3 Cheers for Doc Pyro!!!!!

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:21 pm

As those of you who have been following my particular story in the soap opera of E-Playa already know, I will be unable to make the E-Playa meet and greet on Thursday. (I finally this weekend admitted to myself that it was completely unrealistic to think I'd duck out of my own wedding to meet you guys--much as I'd like to put people to some of these posts.)
It really makes me sad actually--I joined e-playa in part to meet burners (ESD functions don't really work as mixers for me).
However, I will at least be able to contribute something to the party.
Dr. Pyro has generously consented to hold on to some of my crocodile/alligator beads and gift them in my name to e-playans! I'm so exicited that I can at least take part in that small way! And I'll at least get to meet Dr. Pyro when I drop them off earlier in the week. (I'll have to apoligize in person for the "frat boys" hate speech I committed. . .) So yeah!!! I'm really happy about this.
If anyone wants to track me down, try the ESD camps--probably fire camp at 3 o'clock plaza. They know me as Chukka and my sweetie as Scott. I really want to meet you guys.
tCF
p.s. When you pick up your gator, don't forget to thank Dr. Pyro for going out of his way to do this for me.

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:33 pm

What time and how long is your wedding?

I mean, come on: e playa meet n greet=instant easy receprtion! : )

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:58 pm

The problem is that the groom and many of the guests are ESD folks. I don't imagine that becoming a wife is going to instantly grant me sheep dog powers to herd these disparate ones over to the Barbie Death Camp. I mean, once people start leaving, they wont stay with me.
We're thinking sometime that afternoon evening (when it's cooled down some) and over by the Fire (fighters) Camp (Behind 3 o'clock medical station.) Hopefully the event will be distracting enough that I won't be thinking of everyone too hard.
Thanks for asking, Ivy.

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 am

If it's late enough, maybe the Playa Romp could romp through the reception and offer congratulations in person
--Poe

Lysergic

damn

Post by Lysergic » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:13 am

I had some datura for a couple weeks, we were gonna eat it the seeds but then it became moldy somehow. Damn that tripped out plant looked like something straight out of a Dali painting.
Doubt everything. Find your own light.
--Last words of Gotama Buddha

Return to “2004 Camps, Art & Activities”