The Lions Den - Talk and Video

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Burning Compass
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Avant Yard - Lions Den

The Lions Den - Talk and Video

Post by Burning Compass » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello all you Beautiful Lovely Burners,

I wanted to share with you a project I developed this year called, The Lions Den. The Lions Den is a series of hosted talks, events and seminars that speak to the most transformative aspects of the burn directly, the intention being to turn things up to 11. Put another way, we want to focus on what it means to, "Burn Hard" so we can get A Lot better at having this kind of fun. In the end though, that will really just turn into living our truest and best lives both inside and outside the burn. I mean if you can wander naked, high on mushroom, through the desert, while talking to all sorts of people and making friends; it's really not that hard to walk into that boardroom on a Tuesday and show your boss how he can fuck off, but with love :D

With this being the first year, I am really happy to say that including myself we had four speakers over the three days of the series. I would personally like to thank my friends Badger, Kat and Jodi Swanson for time, effort and their amazing talks. You guys really made this something special and I couldn't have done it without you.

I have a few videos of the event I'll be putting up, the first one is below. With the success of this year I will be continuing next year, so if this speaks to you or someone you know, I'd love to find some time to talk. To kick off the discussion. I'd like to find better ways to share our wisdom, where modeling may not be the most expedient form. Has there been much work on how we can best codify the wisdom of our lives, through frameworks or rules of thumb, that could be leveraged to help find better ways to share with one another? I think that such foundational work would help a lot of people connect what they experience in existence and their ability to communicate what they have learned through that experience with others.

Lots of Love,
James

Burning Compass
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Avant Yard - Lions Den

Re: The Lions Den - Talk and Video

Post by Burning Compass » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 pm

While I am working on getting my final talk up, I wanted to reach out to the community.

If you or someone you know might be interested in sharing their story, exercise, seminar or activity for next year or possibly collaborating throughout the year, I would love to hear from you. Below is a list of all the talks shared in 2019.

Talks from 2019
- How to Human: A Tutorial on Humaning
- Defeat the Demon of Fear: Channeling the Divine Masculine
- Intentional Discomfort: Reconnecting with your body after miscarriage by Kat Fossell
- Leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses by Jodi Swanson - Jodi's Tedx Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrayxHlntu4
- The Birth of a Lion: The start of The Lions Den
- How to Balance the Snarkle with the Sparkle by Badger

Return to “Stories”