Great BLM Choco-Taco Affair...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Great BLM Choco-Taco Affair...

Post by Meat Hunter » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Mile High has just reminded me that 2020 is the five year anniversary of the Great BLM Choco-Taco Affair.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Great BLM Choco-Taco Affair...

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:39 pm

WOW Was it really that long ago?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

I still find myself buying them when I find them in the store. I keep a couple of boxes in the freezer, just in case someone from the Bureau of Land Management comes for dinner. :P

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Sham wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm
I still find myself buying them when I find them in the store. I keep a couple of boxes in the freezer, just in case someone from the Bureau of Land Management comes for dinner. :P
You realize those don't stay good indefinitely. You have to consume and replenish that stock on a regular schedule. I'm not sure if that schedule is one month or two. Might be every week in high temperatures.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Canoe wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 pm
Sham wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm
You realize those don't stay good indefinitely. You have to consume and replenish that stock on a regular schedule. I'm not sure if that schedule is one month or two. Might be every week in high temperatures.
Ya, they never really stay around for more than a month, and so far, no one from the BLM has come by the house. It's almost a joke that when people come by, they are offered a Choco Taco.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:11 am

Sham wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Ya, they never really stay around for more than a month, ...
At least you have volunteers to help you rotate the stock.
Sham wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm
... and so far, no one from the BLM has come by the house. ...
Perhaps it's similar to what seems to be the sure way to ensure you're never bothered by a UFO or Bigfoot - carry a camera.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Stories”