screaming "Down in front!"

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

Short People...

Post by nocturnal_steve » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:23 am

I would suggest a partial solution could be...if the BORG Incorporated platforms for the fire conclave into the design of the structure.
Better yet, how about a giant video screen like at ballgames ? Better yet, everyone should just stay home and watch the burn on T.V.
Why does anyone think it's easier to see over sitting people, if you're sitting?
Ditto.....
have a line of sight looking UP at the fire performers
....... right,voice of reason, thanks...everyone can see better if sitting, especially shorter folk who are totally blocked by taller folk if everyone is standing up. Hey, didn't Randy Newman sing

Short People got no reason to live...

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello

Last year I had a photographer ( videographer) come late, squeeze his way to up to where I was sitting, and try to set up his tripod practically in my crotch. " Just bear with me , bro" he said. I protested and finally pushed his tripod away from my balls. What nerve of him to think his recording was more important than my rel life enjoyment of the Burn. And as if ther aren't enough pics and vid's being made of any years burn !?

I say kick the obnoxious people who insist on standing up in the back of the calves, that will teach them....
Stay hydrated my friend.

Ron

Post by Ron » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:41 am

Yep. Teach 'em that you've just acted like a violent jerk who deserves to have his ass kicked. Starting a fight by kicking the back of someone's legs, all because they're standing in front of you, is childish, ethically indefensible, and a perfect example of the kind of selfish ego driven behavior that degrades both the burn and the eplaya. Keep your animosity and aggression to yourself, I get enough of it in daily life.

Ron

Gravity Mike

Post by Gravity Mike » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:56 pm

A person takes up more space sitting than standing. The crowd is already packed tightly standing when they yell 'sit down!' Not possible, unless the back moves back! Sit or stand, I could care less, but the folks in the back must acknowledge this reality and move back a little if they expect it to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to sit, go early to get a place up front. Let the patient be rewarded. How can you show up at the last minute and expect everyone to get out of the way?

Last year, I buit a portable tower on wheels with about an 8-foot high platform. Dragged it in just in front of some tall art cars, best view ever - especially for my vertically challenged wife. Just my way of avoiding the worst vibes each year - ironically, waiting for the burn.

Gravity

skygod
Burning Since: 2004

Post by skygod » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 am

My Great grandma told me "Man is a herd animal-Beware of the herd"
Two consciousnesses cannot occupy the same space at the same time, so only one person will have the best view.
"It will seem difficult in the beginning. But everything seems difficult in the beginning."- Musashi

Return to “Stories”