To the Asshole who....

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
fancy1

To the Asshole who....

Post by fancy1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:41 pm

To the asshole that felt the need to projectile vomit on our vehicle and enclosed car hauler... you are indeed an ass. NOT cool.

You could have returned and at least said something, or made an attempt to clean your mess. Instead you left it to bake in the sun, damaging the paint on the car hauler.

I hope it burned at least as much coming back up.

Fancy
White Durango & Black enclosed Car Hauler
at Destiny and 9:00
"the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

MrMullen

Post by MrMullen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:55 pm

You already complained about this guy on tribe.net.
--
Mr Mullen

fancy1

Post by fancy1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:03 pm

Yes, I did. But not everyone is on tribe.
Sorry for the cross-posting. Just a bit upset about it and needed to vent.
"the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

skygod
Burning Since: 2004

Post by skygod » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:05 pm

I am proud that I did not pee or throw up on anything this year.
"It will seem difficult in the beginning. But everything seems difficult in the beginning."- Musashi

julie_c

Post by julie_c » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:54 am

Why would anyone puke at BM? No sense enuf to stop partying when you start getting sick?? STUPID!!!
Unfortunate that happened to you, I'd be majorly pissed too!

cornelius
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Shortfuse, Robotronia, PoPCorn Palace

Post by cornelius » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:20 pm

That's nothin'...I had some drunk prick who was visiting Camp Stripper Pole (our ugly neighbors in 2004) piss on one of my 8 foot tall paintings. The painting of my 2 year old daughter in a space bunny suit! And I'm still not over it (as you can tell).
ROBOTS UNITE

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:30 am

Some asshats pissed inside my art piece. Three piddle spots. Sure I raked them out, no harm done, and I get the drunken "nobody will step in it here" mentality, but DUDES! Just because you have a nozzle handy doesn't mean you should use it!

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:47 am

julie_c wrote:Why would anyone puke at BM? No sense enuf to stop partying when you start getting sick?? STUPID!!!
Unfortunate that happened to you, I'd be majorly pissed too!
shit, i don't stop drinkin', i just switch to oj or soda at the appropriate time. no sence ruining my fun or anyone elses for that matter. :)
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:52 am

To the Asshole that dares call himself a "ranger" -
I talking to you, "MONGOLIA" -
your macho insecurity compels you bum-rush a robot, knocking it to the ground, yelling "you cant be here" while the 'bots on its way to the Belgian burn - video footage doesn't lie, so bring your money to the courthouse, robot repairs aren't cheap -

oh, and "fuck off fer sure, like totally" you fucking little wank.

BM
Bah! Psshhh!

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 am

to the guy/girl/group that decided to steal a bottle of booze off our kitchen table (unopened/1.5 liter)
to the guy/girl/group that thought it would be cool to throw paint and smear red paint with his/her/thier finger down my white rental car. (thankfully it was water based paint)
to the guy/girl/group that thougth it through to piss on my tent (while I was sleeping in it)
to the guy/girl/group who thought it was a good idea to steal my friends art.

Hope you all rot.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

puffycloud

Post by puffycloud » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:27 am

[i]Why would anyone puke at BM?[/i]

you're new at this, aren't you? people injest massive quantities of drugs and alcohol and poorly-stored food all week long. not to mention the stomach virus which took out a ton of people.

sorry to hear about the lady's car and hauler. someone who was so fucked up that they vomited horizontally is really unlikely to be in a space to remember the location of your camp the next day to wash your car. just a thought.

[/i]

julie_c

Post by julie_c » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:59 pm

'Scuse me, puffy cloud, not my 1st burn...but I do have sense enuf to maintain bodily functions and still have a heluva good time at BM...you musta had your 1st burn this year and now you think you are "in the know" get over yourself...please!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:09 pm

If he's no longer a virgin he's speaking with on playa experience...his voice is comparable to the rest of us.

That being said I've been 5 times now and this year was unlike any of the other experiences.

My main reason for speaking up....this board needs an influx of new people and I'm hopeful the veterans and old hats don't run them off. For all the people who asked for change....here's the opportunity. Bring the new people in, listen to the ideas, and let's build this place up. It ain't no hippy dream of can we all get along...we can make it happen. Now.

PuffyCloud, keep posting. You're welcome here.

Edit: typos, sheesh....I'm still so damn tired.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Rabbi Dali Rick

...........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!...........

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:23 pm

Be Positive Reactive

Start "Emergency Vomit/Piss Bag Camp" and hand out a shit load of bags that people can carry with them and in that time of crisis, they, or someone nearby can whip their EVP bag out, and use it discretely. All a tribute to the inginuety of turning a negetive experience into a positive action.

*added* We had a friend who this year overindulged to the point of hurling as well and had I not been attentive our camp would have become an unwilling interactive art piece (that smelled really badly). I pulled out a large gallon sized baggy and he used that. It was not his fault, it is not something you set out to do, it just happens, and happens to all of us. It can be due to a plethora of things, not just the drinking. and the good thing about the EVP Bag is you can dump it in the porto-potty later and reuse it (well... maybe not reuse it).

you're bestest pal,

the rebbi

julie_c

Post by julie_c » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:24 pm

Ok...so we're going to "beat our chests" now and boast of how many times we've attended?
I've attended 4 years now...All I'm saying is that it's stupid and a drag and drain on the community to have such a large majority of attendees there who ingest too much alcohol and/or drugs way more than they can possibly handle or have ever tried before, get sick all over someone else's stuff, or piss on someone elses stuff, totally selfish to ruin someone else's time there...I pity the ASS whomever disrupts MY TIME like that...if I caught em.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:36 pm

The number of times attended is a matter of pride to some of us. I'm sorry if that offends you or anyone else. But there's a wide range of people who will talk about how many times they've attended and toss it into a post to get a point across....when you get Rangers for example that have been there for 12 years or more and they post the number it illustrates their experience and why it might be a good idea to pay attention to them.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

puffycloud

Post by puffycloud » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:37 pm

julie, simmer down. no one is disagreeing with you. it sucks to get your shit puked and pissed on. you seemed bewildered that people would vomit on the playa. i agree with you that people get too fucked up and it is annoying. that is why i am extremely moderate in my substance use, because i do not want to be a burden on others.

p.s. since you played the "i'm a pro, you're a virgin" card on me... i've attended over double the burns you have. :wink: does this mean i am headier or cooler than you? i might be, but not because i was lucky enough to get dragged to the playa earlier.

thanks for the welcome, kinetic.

Rabbi Dali Rick

........................PUPPIES.............................

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:38 pm

Yes Julie there is no denying that it sucks, and it has nothing to do with how many times you been to burningman 1 or 101 it would still suck major ass if someone pissed vomited on something of yours. And it would probably suck more if it was someone you didn't know, and they just blissfully walked away.

and to make the EVP bag even more convient make it a necklace that you can easly find and deploy in that moment of need.

post hastely,

the rebbi

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:40 pm

Perhaps it's time to make EVP bags available at the bars...make a creative / cool looking dispenser and have them ready to go. We could put extra moop collection bags up there too....
K-IV
~~~~

geekster

Post by geekster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:44 pm

There was a very nasty bug around this year pre-event. Not sure how much of it was still around during the event itself but it would be reasonable to expect that it was still around. Several of those working for the man were stricken during pre-event set up. It came on very suddenly with fluids vacating the body from every available path. It could be that the person was "down" for a day or two after the incident and by then forgot exactly where the car was that he blew chunks into.

The projectile vomiting was pretty much standard for this bug whatever it was. As far as I know they never found the vector either. It wasn't the commissary or the water. Maybe the hot springs or frog pond as they are in use before the event starts.

ADDED: And once such a bug is brought into the event, with all the handshaking and kissing going on, it doesn't take long for it to spread.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Rabbi Dali Rick

.........................OH MY!.............................

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:45 pm

At the gate even and make them manditory for Virgins.

And throw in a pair of foam earplugs.

Hey how about a playa purse? It's made as a two parter, one side for moop and shit and the side for essentials, lip balm, sunscreen, etc....

partially,

the rebbi

Davoid

Post by Davoid » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Congrats, julie_c, you've obviously never ever gotten sick from over indulgence, on the playa or anywhere else, for that matter. Probably never even got queasy, from drink, drug, or bug. Because that would be STUPID, and you're never stupid.

*hearty applause*

*continued hearty applause*

*applause continued to the point of manual discomfort*

*applause continued to the point of nausea*

*barf*

or maybe it was all this virulent, infectious negativity...

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:48 pm

As I've sat here thinking about it there's a potential backlash effect here. If the bags become standard equipment is it because the event really is a big freakin party in the desert, or is it because of moop collection needs?

I could see someone like Norcal jumping up and down with glee over something like this if it's not handled just right. Fucking buzzkiller.
K-IV
~~~~

puffycloud

Post by puffycloud » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:53 pm

whatever stomach bug was going around was harsh as hell.. i know a bunch of dpw folks were out of commission the first part of the week. it didn't seem to be a common food/water issue because other people who were not affiliated with dpw ended up getting very ill as well. when our crew entered on saturday, they were told not to share cups.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 pm

And straight from rumor central: folks in Reno got it too, likely from produce. Wonder if that's true.

geekster

Post by geekster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:42 pm

I heard the Reno thing too and my youngest at home (bay area) was out of school pre-event week with something like it. Could have been brought out from the Bay Area too. Didn't share cups or water bottles, my food was canned or commissary (pre-event getting ice means runs to Empire so I eat out of cans or get a commissary meal when on shift), kept my hands clean with sanitizer and didn't get the bug while people who worked shift with me did. Strange indeed. But when they got sick it was severe and immediate. We had one guy come down with it while outside the city and was hauling ass in gate road yelling "let me through!" ... someone had radioed ahead and told us to expect him so we all just stood aside to let him in. None of us wanted to get any on us.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Ron

Post by Ron » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:13 pm

cornelius wrote:That's nothin'...I had some drunk prick who was visiting Camp Stripper Pole (our ugly neighbors in 2004) piss on one of my 8 foot tall paintings. The painting of my 2 year old daughter in a space bunny suit! And I'm still not over it (as you can tell).
Yeah I caught an asshole pissing on my art this year as well. If he hadn't thrown the first punch, we wouldn't have beat his ass. As it was he's lucky he only got a minor pounding and we didn't turn him over to the Rangers for both pissing on art and starting fights. But I hope his face hurts for a good long time...

Ron

Ron

Post by Ron » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:17 pm

geekster wrote:There was a very nasty bug around this year pre-event. .....
Anytime you get vomiting, stomach cramps, and loose stools that resolve in 24 or so hours the top culprit is not a, "bug," but generally food poisoning. The, "playa plague," hit a lot of my friends this year and all of them either ate/drank org food directly, or got it gifted to them. :)

Ron

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:49 am

To the asshole who insisted on burning his toxic paint covered party shit at the 2:00 burn platform on Sunday night: Fuck you! You're lucky I forgot to bring a bullhorn and I couldn't get Robbidobbs's horn to work or I would have made a public spectacle out of your ignorance and incompetence and your pathetic mouthing back attempts. When several people tell you the same thing and you're too stupid to listen, you deserve all the shit people can fire at you. You only got a taste of what you should have received....a full public dressing down cause the rest of us don't want to breathe the cloud of toxic fumes you were about to send wafting over Black Rock City.

And to the asshole that left their metal covered, 8x3x2 and larger, big ass fucking pieces of their camp at the same burn platform for DPW to have to cut apart and haul off cause you were too lazy to do it your fucking self: I wish you catastrophic engine failure at 3 am on a lonely Interstate somewhere with a dead cell phone. Walk motherfucker, walk. Fucking inconsiderate, clueless fuckers!
K-IV
~~~~

bago

Post by bago » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:00 am

For me the weirdest bit was the holier than thou type that came in after the Temple of Light burn. After we danced to banannaphone, there was this beer breakcore song. Some random jackass came up, killed the sound and said we weren't being respectful.

That's clueless balls baby. We're so glad you're offended for us.

Return to “Stories”