A small part of how the man burned ME this year

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
2_rivers

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:25 am

I lost ALL my shit before I got out to the Playa. A friend brought it out there, and I never saw him, however, I got in touch w/ him after the burn and he said that he left my shit wth the Rangers. That bag contained all of my clothes, $250 worth of supplements that I need to take for mental stability (bipolar disorder), 4 costumes, and nearly all my personal effects. Basically the bulk of my personal essentials. I am on a fixed income as I get money from the state to care for my severely handicapped younger adopted sister. I NEED MY SHIT!!! Suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :arrow: :?: :!:

retropsycho

Post by retropsycho » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:53 am

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2_rivers

Thank you very much Retro!!!

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:13 pm

You the man!!!

2_rivers

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:24 pm

To be continued............................
Check back later for full story on how the man burned me!

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Here's a suggestion -

People on fixed incomes shouldn't go to Burning Man.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

2_rivers

This guy eats my shit for breakfast!!!!

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:40 pm

And here's one for you. Eat a shit sandwich douchbag!!! My Sister has FAS,RAD,Tourettes,A growth hormone deficiency, Pica, hyperflexive disorder, and has been diagnosed as bipolar and scizephrenic!!! She'd be in a mental institution if I wasn't here, so you can take your "suggestion" and stuff it straight up you elephantidal hemroidal cavity infested ASS BITCH!!! This one's for you cocksmoker!!!!

2_rivers

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Fat SAM wrote:Here's a suggestion -

Any more suggestions, you notch?

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:22 pm

2_rivers wrote:Any more suggestions, you notch?
Yeah - don't swear at people.

As a former full-time caregiver (my husband is a cancer survivor) who was trying to balance a full-time job along with it so we could afford the insurance for his treatment, I completely understand making the Burn (or any other vacation) a priority. Getting away becomes vital for one's own sanity. As someone currently living on unemployment, I also took exception to what Fat Sam had to say, and would have taken him to task for it - but would have done so in a FAR more restrained manner than you chose. Resorting to profanity and a laundry list of everything else that's wrong in your life does nothing to help your case with people who might otherwise have given half a damn about your plight.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

PurpleKoosh

Post by PurpleKoosh » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:24 pm

It's all a matter of priority. If I choose to stay in a lower-quality apartment in a less-than-appetizing neighborhood, but still manage to find the money to go on vacation (be that the Burn or anywhere else), then those are my decisions to live with.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:06 pm

The ORG offers low income tickets you know...are you implying that they shouldn't?
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

SED

Post by SED » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:23 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote: (my husband is a cancer survivor)
Hey, you never told me you were married!
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

SED

Post by SED » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Oh, and Two Rivers, you ought to know by now that any meds you need should be kept on your person at all times. This is about being self-sufficient, so you really have nobody to blame but yourself.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

dj_john69
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Post by dj_john69 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:27 pm

SED wrote:Oh, and Two Rivers, you ought to know by now that any meds you need should be kept on your person at all times. This is about being self-sufficient, so you really have nobody to blame but yourself.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2_rivers: I hope you get your shit back. Hopefully, you learn from this and don't make the same mistake twice.

Quick question...why would your friend leave your stuff with rangers after the burn ?? Doesn't really make sense. He should have packed it back out to you.

~John

Dork

Post by Dork » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:02 pm

Ok, something isn't quite adding up here. Perhaps you can fill in the missing details.

1) What sort of plan did you have for finding your friend once you reached the event? Why did it not work?

2) Why and with who did he leave the stuff? Rangers are a bunch of individual volunteers, with several stations set up and many who roam the playa. Did the friend take the stuff to one of the stations, or simply hand it to a random ranger then run away?

3) What part of the country are you and your friend located?

I'm guessing the stuff wound up in either a lost and found pile or in the garbage. Contact the rangers and BMORG with as many details as you can muster about what the bag looked like, contained, and with whom it was left.

Also, you were not burned by the man, the rangers, or anyone associated with the event. You were burned by bad planning and a bad decision by your "friend".

julie_c

Post by julie_c » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:34 pm

sorry to jump on the "rag" wagon...but that is one thing that irkes my ass about some who attend...they expect others to be responsible for them and their shit when they cant or dont feel like being. I like the "survival" aspects of the event...if you cant take care of yourself out there, sorry, but you should not go...I did not think the Rangers were reponsible for making sure people get reunited with their lost stuff...just my opinion, so dont cuss me out too. thanks!

2_rivers

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:54 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote: Resorting to profanity and a laundry list of everything else that's wrong in your life does nothing to help your case with people who might otherwise have given half a damn about your plight.
I appreciate your suggestion Purple. The laundry list though, is of my 'lil sister's problems, and I suppose I DID ask for suggestions. Guess I got a little worked up. It IS rough. :oops:

2_rivers

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:57 pm

SED wrote:Oh, and Two Rivers, you ought to know by now that any meds you need should be kept on your person at all times. This is about being self-sufficient, so you really have nobody to blame but yourself.
I never blamed anyone

2_rivers

Dork makes sense

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:09 pm

Dork wrote:Ok, something isn't quite adding up here. Perhaps you can fill in the missing details.

1) What sort of plan did you have for finding your friend once you reached the event? Why did it not work?
2) Why and with who did he leave the stuff? Rangers are a bunch of individual volunteers, with several stations set up and many who roam the playa. Did the friend take the stuff to one of the stations, or simply hand it to a random ranger then run away?

3) What part of the country are you and your friend located?

I'm guessing the stuff wound up in either a lost and found pile or in the garbage. Contact the rangers and BMORG with as many details as you can muster about what the bag looked like, contained, and with whom it was left.

Also, you were not burned by the man, the rangers, or anyone associated with the event. You were burned by bad planning and a bad decision by your "friend".
!)registration @ playa info was plan A. Too many spellings of respective aliases
2)He went to a station and spoke with them before leaving the bulk of BOTH of our belongings. He had a bad falling out with his ride.
3)He lives in Venice, and I live in NorCal. Already provided adequete description. I haven't finished the story yet, which is why the topic is "A small part of how the man burned me.
I'm sure to many of you out there this could easily be construed as bitching, but I assure you it's not. I kinda like being crazy better anyway.
Thank you for the well thought out response Dork.

2_rivers

ah, c'mon you know you wanna get cussed out!!!

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:27 pm

julie_c wrote:sorry to jump on the "rag" wagon...but that is one thing that irkes my ass about some who attend...they expect others to be responsible for them and their shit when they cant or dont feel like being. I like the "survival" aspects of the event...if you cant take care of yourself out there, sorry, but you should not go...I did not think the Rangers were reponsible for making sure people get reunited with their lost stuff...just my opinion, so dont cuss me out too. thanks!
I never said anyone was responsible for this besides myself, and I KNOW it's nobodies resposibility to do ANYTHING for me, unless that person claims to be my friend and makes verbal obligation to me. I wouldn't cuss you out for voicing a resonable opinion. I am just a bit touchy when it comes to people telling me I shouldn't go to Burningman because taking care of handicapped loved ones isn't the highest paying job. Last year, I worked for the guy who sells the water to the event off of his land to earn a sponsor. I have friends in Gerlach, and am close friends with many long time burners. A wrench got thrown in my works. I had everything that I needed to take care of myself this year as in years past, but I placed my trust in the wrong party. Lesson learned. Next year I don't care how many rides I'm offered, I'm taking my car. :evil:

2_rivers

Digging the Koosh

Post by 2_rivers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:36 pm

This one's for you purple:

I share a common heritage with the inventor of the koosh-ball. Our ancestors came over from the German speaking region of Switzerland. There were three brothers, a gambler, a preist, and a guy who killed someone. The priest wanted to get the little murderous brother away from the hangman, so they came to the U.S., the gambler just came along for kicks. From their offspring comes the inventor of the Koosh, (Scott Stillinger) and your's truly, along with many many other colorful people as I'm sure you could imagine. No joke.

PurpleKoosh

Post by PurpleKoosh » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:00 pm

SED wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote: (my husband is a cancer survivor)
Hey, you never told me you were married!
Married, yes. Dead, no. ;-)

Return to “Stories”