Bikes at BurningMan

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
bohemian dawntreader

Bikes at BurningMan

Post by bohemian dawntreader » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:13 am

my Dom and i are flying into Reno for this years BurningMan and would like to get info on acquiring bikes. :D

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:26 am

There are no bikes at Burning Man in 2007. This year, everyone is going to be hovering about on a bloated sense of self satisfaction. This could result in a very dangerous atmospheric condition known as 'Smug.'

Seriously, bikes in Reno....look for Black Rock Bicycles. Otherwise, show up in town and go to the El Rancho swap meet on Saturday or Sunday but beware - many burners are hip to it and may have snaked all the bikes already. Also, if you do find one, haggle the crap out of the vendor, because they know about BM and try to mark up the bikes.

El Rancho swap meet is roughly at the corner of Oddie (which has an exit from I - 395) and El Rancho, which you'll come to by heading east on Oddie. Take a right onto El Rancho, drive south until you see the 7-11, turn right and you'll be at the swap meet entrance after about half a block. Get there early, like...8ish for the best stuff.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

bohemian dawntreader

Post by bohemian dawntreader » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:49 am

Thanks! :D

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 am

yeahsureyabetcha
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

Return to “Stories”