This one time, at Burning Man...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
orangepeelmoses

This one time, at Burning Man...

Post by orangepeelmoses » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:41 pm

This one time, at Burning Man, I met a robot named Party Bot 4000. Party was kind of a Short Circuit/Johnny 5 knockoff, but impressive “in personâ€
http://www.facebook.com/Orangepeelmoses

orangepeelmoses

"This One Time, at Burning Man..."

Post by orangepeelmoses » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:15 pm

feel free to add yr own experiences to this thread...

opm
http://www.facebook.com/Orangepeelmoses

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 am

This one time at burning man (my first year) I went alone-across the street from me was a big group of guys....(who laughed and made bets how long I would stay, as I fought with my shade) I finally told the I would be sharing there shade....the night of the burn their whole group dressed up as (15 of them from 5' to 6'11") oopaloopas (U know from charlie and the chocolate factory) as we all got ready to go they sang oopaloopa songs....we headed toward the MAN with a very very very DRUNK guy from another camp....All the way singing.....The DRUNK PASSED OUT I MEAN HIT THE PLAYA HARD...the group of oopaloopas all gathered around him in a big circle...."what should we do" "what should we do" "what should we do"....Finally an oopaloopa says "I know lets EAT HIM" (Oh my god I rolled around on the playa laughing) I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET!!!!!
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:23 am

Got to Love the Playa Moments..... 8) 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

gypsymonkey

Post by gypsymonkey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:50 pm

This one time, at Burning Man an eight person bicycle with a drunken gorilla invaded our camp and drank all of our banana liquor.
Living the dream!

squish
Burning Since: 1999

this one time,

Post by squish » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 am

at Burning Man 2007
a hippie invaded our camp and washed his ass in our cooler.
He called us 'fucking pigs' when we asked him (politely) to leave.

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:05 pm

This one time at Burning Man, I woke up at Jiffy Lube with my pants around my ankles and a jar of vasoline next to me. :shock:

fierysage

Post by fierysage » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:19 pm

[color=indigo][/color]this one time, at burning man...
i was zoning in on my burning man goals for that year (electric giraffe, find the skee-ball machine on the playa and lick one of the motorized cucpakes): had a picture with the electric giraffe, and was playing skee-ball on the playa and saw the cupcakes zooming by (all in one afternoon mind you) ... biked out fast and furious to them, caught up with them and told them of my goals, only to have the most amusing response back: "I'm sorry, ma'am, we are cupcakes on a mission".

fierysage

Post by fierysage » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:22 pm

[color=indigo][/color] oh yeah, this year...
i wrestled god out by the THING in the desert and won!
(it's gonna make a great t-shirt)

Clar-i-ty
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Post by Clar-i-ty » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:35 pm

One year we had the perfect BRC moment burned in our memories: My white ass husband chasing the water truck in combat boots and my Hello Kitty underwear. Truly a great playa moment.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!

cornelius
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Shortfuse, Robotronia, PoPCorn Palace

Post by cornelius » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Orangey that's a great story. I hear "party bot 4000" was a big hit this year ! (I think he was lying to you about his name though) Your description was great, but instead of a "jonny 5 knock off" he prefers to compare himself with ValCom 17485 (Andy Kaufman's robot in "Heart Beeps") He hates being mistaken for that pathetic robot J-5.

Here's what I love about "party bot 4000":
His hilarious anicdotes! His laugh-a-long put downs! His brilliant comedic timing! And his huge pneumatic robo penis!

This one time at Burning Man, I was paling around with a robot, and this lost frat-boy-man in a sombrero ran up the the robot and yelled "NUMBER 7! That's number 7 right?!?"
ROBOTS UNITE

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:16 am

What the hell is this BitterDan crap? I'm BitterMan! I'm the original O.G.! Don't listen to this cynical bastard, he's an imposter I tellz ya!
Bah! Psshhh!

mars

Post by mars » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 am

This one time at Burning Man a drunk man yelled for us to come out of our camp and see the coolest moon ever. After running out to see it, I had to sorrowfully point out to the man that he was looking at a red balloon and that the actual moon, full, was just over his shoulder if he'd turn an inch.

He fell down laughing at himself, and I apologized for breaking his illusion, while we both marvelled at the actual moon.
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

Return to “Stories”