This was MY BEST BURN EVER!!!!!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
itwazed

This was MY BEST BURN EVER!!!!!

Post by itwazed » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 am

Ive decided to do something a little diffrent seeing how the majority of after burn posts have been; "Im never going again", "It was better last year", etc, etc, ad nasuem bitch etc; For me this Burn was incredible, First I got to bring my Brother for the First time and watch him have a blast (He even had his first chance to spin in public at ZAM ZAM), Second the music this year was over the top, and Root Society had the most kick ass dome ever (silk dancers and acrobats were just over the top), and third our neighbors the jaded burners who are the most kick ass people ever and adopted us into their Joyful Jackass Camp when are Twazed Camp fell to the wayside as a sacrifice to the playa gods. Mostly I learned this year that you go to Burn to have fun and escape with a bunch of other freaks into a lil alternate reality.....and whatever we bring back with us from each burn can help make the real world just a lil bit more tolerable.

Peace, Love, and Twazed
Fly Fat ASS!!! FLY!!!!!
He smoked a phat cronic blunt.

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:56 pm

It was a great year for us as well. Came out on Monday, left 8 days later.
Meet a bunch of new people, had 50 gals of homebrew to gift out.
Got to help a bunch of different people in the whiteouts. Nothing like a little natural disaster to bring a neighborhood together. Some fantasitic art and great people.
Every year is different, each has its own highs and lows.
:D

Lelu

Post by Lelu » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:38 pm

This was my first burn and it definitely wont be the last. I have always been here in a sense. Finally made it down and got right into it, participated as much as I could and frolicked within the dust storms. I have made a new family, some tighter than others but I look back now and think, everyone out there was family and I cant wait to see you all next year. You are all oh so beautiful!

:)

cornelius
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Shortfuse, Robotronia, PoPCorn Palace

Post by cornelius » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:27 pm

NOT my best burn ever but, definitely in my top 3. My 11th aniversary BTW so I've already been through all the heart break of the 6 and 7th year Burns. It's like I've been Re-Re-born on the Playa! Had great friends in camp. Awesome placement, 3 o'clock and ESP. Robot, "HotShot the Robot" (his 4th birthday party was Friday night). 13 foot tall Robot sculpture, "Hugo II". Eight foot tall painted panels of robots. Interactive video screen at night. Sounds so scary (D6, Shatner, Wing, Phyllis Diller doing the Doors) and so sexy (Gunther music "It's a sexual thing, my ding-a-ling..")

TERMINAL CITY! It was an honor to be the ass end of that horrible place. Fantastic neighbors: LabWerks and Image Node (I'm willing to forgive the 5 a.m. Harry Poter screening with live narration)

Android's Dungeon was the best, most honed, tiny (8 team members and a few guests) theme camp for us to date. Perfection. A cold shower during the day, plenty of shade, squishy floor in the giant metal dome, hammocks, Mist Boy, and the unveiling of the OWL robot!

AMAZING oil rig burn! The U.M.E. crashed space capsule! The Saphire Portal! (I meditated there for hours Wednesday morning). Almost zero cop sightings, great encounters with "strangers" in BRC (many hugs and shots of whisky), hearing METAL being played instead of thumpa thumpa on a few sound systems, awesome mixed weather - short sleeved shirts for a few nights, calm and warm mostly, hot days, short duration blasts from the Gods of dust, and a gory spattering of rain across my playafied body while trying to outrun the storm on bike caught on open playa trying to move against the wind can't even budge these dust frozen cranks even though I'm standing on the freakin' pedal with all my weight and I'm not moving an inch wind blasting in my face: "...but we've got to make it back to camp, at all costs!"

We hosted 2 Euro Burner's from Copenhagen, and had some sexy ladies join us on Friday night...meow. Zero to very little mellow drama at the camp. Cold Beers, golden margaritas, fantastic fungus, absinth, thushon, naps...
ROBOTS UNITE

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:48 pm

This was my 5th burn and without a doubt was definitely my best. I had such a tough time last year that I was thinking that I was going to bag it, but there was magic this year. I'm sure that those who say 'it's not the burn, it's you' are totally correct. I adjusted my approach and had an unbelievably meaningful, joyful, enlightening, and ecstatic week. I met and camped with 50+ of the loveliest people I've ever met, we all had a great time, no drama, no bad attitudes, no conflicts...just love, all week. I cried for the first time in YEARS. Once from sheer joy, another time at the Temple, which was also something new for me.

There were two man burns, the Temple was the quietest and most solemn I've been to - and what the fuck was that sound wave about?!! I was near the guy who started it...I know where it came from, but that was such a small part of it. It went around...5 or 6 times? And it was such a wall of crazy energy just crashing in like a freight train or a jet breaking the sound barrier...Everything this year was amazing. Everything.

There were problems like always. There was some anarchy. There were some boneheads. Maybe next year they'll do better. I hope that everyone has a chance to have the experience that I had this year. It changed my life, as corny as that sounds. I've said it every year, and every year it's been true, but I feel like this year was really a major breakthrough for me. I feel like I completed something that I started at my first burn. I'm so thankful and pleased. I can't imagine how it could ever be better than it was this year. I feel like I finally put it all together.

Twazed, I'm sorry we didn't meet...I was too busy in my own camp, but I'm sure we'll have an opportunity again. Peace and thanks for a good thread.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

mars

Post by mars » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

My best of 5 as well. So far, each year has topped the previous "best year". How high can we go?!

It seems to me that each year I have gotten better at "doing it", meaning surviving, being present, gbeing more of my true self, gifting, connecting, participating, making my dreams come true. As I get better, "it" gets better.
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

Return to “Stories”