Any UFOs ever been spotted?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
nebulachic

Any UFOs ever been spotted?

Postby nebulachic » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 pm

In all seriousness.... I've had a couple very strange experiences of my own a few years ago.

gyre

Postby gyre » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:22 pm

The odd nsa creation from area 52 cruises by.
Safest place for them.
Who would take a photo from the burn seriously?

I think one got a dmv tag , probably for laughs.
We never could find a drive source.

Pink Daddy

Postby Pink Daddy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:14 pm

I saw a lot of strange things on the Playa. I saw reflections from the mountains at certain times and locations. I was usually too focused on the strange things infront of me than the strange things above me.

Perhaps 'Alien Semaphore' actually works...
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?

hunter S

Postby hunter S » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm

We see allot of them over the Sea of Cortez down here in Mexico.
I thought people were crazy when they told me last year that they are seen on a regular baises? Until we saw three in one night.
I do know what a satilight & a plane looks like, but theese things come in low, bright & make side to side moves that I have never seen before.

I have local neighbors who swear they have seen them drop under water and come back up? We haven't seen that yet!
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Bob » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:27 pm

They're only UFOs until they're identified.

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?p=81519
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

EspressoDude

Postby EspressoDude » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 pm

a real photo from 2006 not photoshopped

Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

SirSlackworthy
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ASTRO SHACK JaVa JoINt

Postby SirSlackworthy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:51 pm

There were two sightings in 1999, witnessed by thousands. Not well documented, though: a quick search didn't turn up much.

The first sighting was early in the week, when most of us were still in construction mode. Late, near midnight, one of those playa cheers welled up from the surrounding darkness. My camp-mates were yelling and pointing. High overhead a cluster of lights slowly streaked across the sky. It looked like an especially messy meteorite shedding debris, but moving much too slowly, or a space station breaking up, but it seeming too close to earth. It seemed to hang out there for over a minute. Some people speculated vaguely that it might have been a space station or satellite breaking up upon re-entry. I didn't see anything in the news about that.

I got tired of watching it and toddled off to bed. I neglected to follow up due to laziness or forgetfulness; I can't remember which and won't bother to try.

It's possible a prankster, maybe from Tethered Aviation Camp, sent a flammable kite aloft. It looked like it could have been something like that.

The other sighting was the night of the burn. An Illuminated disc with sequentially blinking lights hovered high in the night sky far above the Man. I am sure that many people were convinced that the ET's had come to watch the proceedings. I talked to one person who was certain of it.

I learned before the sighting, from Tim Grim the Torture King who was hanging out at our camp telling circus stories, that it was a balloon. He spotted it in the daytime earlier in the week, a tiny speck off in the distance. He walked toward it until he found a man on a tractor with a long tether attached to it. It would have been 'way cool to go check it out, but it was a long walk and I just didn't feel like getting up at the time.

Two objects, both meagerly documented, one identified to my satisfaction, one not.

Does anyone else remember them?

Sir RedMark Slackworthy the Blue
Kingdom of Loafington
Dig this crazy scene, daddy-o!

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Bob » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

SirSlackworthy
Camp Name: ASTRO SHACK JaVa JoINt

Postby SirSlackworthy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Bob wrote:Was debris from a Russian space launch --

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/e/a/1999/09/05/SPORTS3247.dtl

Excellent, now I know. Thanks for looking it up. I just didn't dig deep enough.

It was a spectacular show that really started the week off right. I almost couldn't believe it was coincidental, it was as if planned to kick off the event.

It stuff like that that helps to make it all the more special.

Now, if the ET's DID come, it could be good, or not.
Dig this crazy scene, daddy-o!

nibbler

UFO's

Postby nibbler » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 pm

I had an experience in 2007 that was mind blowing. I'll tell you about it if you're interested. Write me back. - Nibbler
Love to love. Want to play. Only the burners can keep up. Dazzle me with your brilliance and beauty. I'll be a friend eternally.

Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 am

Most of the UFOs I have seen were silver, not spotted. Please post pics.

DoriumLux

Postby DoriumLux » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:07 pm

SirSlackworthy wrote:There were two sightings in 1999, witnessed by thousands. Not well documented, though: a quick search didn't turn up much.

The first sighting was early in the week, when most of us were still in construction mode. Late, near midnight, one of those playa cheers welled up from the surrounding darkness. My camp-mates were yelling and pointing. High overhead a cluster of lights slowly streaked across the sky. It looked like an especially messy meteorite shedding debris, but moving much too slowly, or a space station breaking up, but it seeming too close to earth. It seemed to hang out there for over a minute. Some people speculated vaguely that it might have been a space station or satellite breaking up upon re-entry. I didn't see anything in the news about that.

I got tired of watching it and toddled off to bed. I neglected to follow up due to laziness or forgetfulness; I can't remember which and won't bother to try.

It's possible a prankster, maybe from Tethered Aviation Camp, sent a flammable kite aloft. It looked like it could have been something like that.

The other sighting was the night of the burn. An Illuminated disc with sequentially blinking lights hovered high in the night sky far above the Man. I am sure that many people were convinced that the ET's had come to watch the proceedings. I talked to one person who was certain of it.

I learned before the sighting, from Tim Grim the Torture King who was hanging out at our camp telling circus stories, that it was a balloon. He spotted it in the daytime earlier in the week, a tiny speck off in the distance. He walked toward it until he found a man on a tractor with a long tether attached to it. It would have been 'way cool to go check it out, but it was a long walk and I just didn't feel like getting up at the time.

Two objects, both meagerly documented, one identified to my satisfaction, one not.

Does anyone else remember them?

Sir RedMark Slackworthy the Blue
Kingdom of Loafington

Sky divers with LED'S and pyrotechnics. A lot of people claimed to have seen sightings this year but they were all looking at Sky Divers doing a night dive as a memorial for one that had died. It looked like a messy meteor shower...

Return to “Stories”