any feedback? about experiences with BAGER --BRC RAnger

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:
Oops, my bad- wrong thread.
heh. now you see, that's what I appreciate - consistency. something you can rely on. like for example, if you are an asshat someone will fuck you up. the fact that someone just happened to be Badger, well that's just a freakin bonus. I'm just sayin...

now everyone repeat after me:

"you call that a freakin art car? get that piece of shit off the esplanade!"

when you get that good and down you come on over to my place, and we'll work this out.

and no, I don't need a megaphone. I can peel paint without one. bleeve me, you won't have a hard time hearing me, even over Entheon's fucking refer truck. sugar anyone?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Cassidy

it's a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger....

Post by Cassidy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks, BitterDan... it's been playing in my head this whole time....

"...SNAAAAAKE!! A SNAAAAKE!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, it's a SNAAAke..."
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

shaun

Re: it's a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger.

Post by shaun » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

was "Craiger13" driving around being peaceful and loving with his bullhorn while in a big black sedan with the roof chopped off? like a 70's ford ltd or something like that?

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

:D
I just found this feature. Woohoo! More popcorn, please!

That said....
This message quotes a user on your ignore list. View topic with ignored data?
I have never met him, but Badger/Isotopia is the only person I have found necessary to block from my ePlaya screen. I did this when he posted his gory .gif avatar of a shotgun murder. (The Burger King murdering Ronald McDonald or the other way around.)

Now back to my regularly scheduled pleasant ePlaya experience.

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 pm

From what I've read in various places Badger's foot got hurt pretty bad or at least bad enough he had trouble getting around. And to think it appears it was all preventable had someone taken the time to get their head out of their derriere.....
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:47 pm

WHAT!

This movie is still going?

Good lord!
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

urvile

Post by urvile » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm

[quote="Captain Goddammit"]How could this idiot be a 2-year burner and not know there are rules about driving?
Being unable to find A street is enough to indicate you shouldn't be driving at all.
And, A street was clearly marked with signs saying it was a pedestrian-only street as well.

The rules and a map are handed to you at the gate when you arrive. Not realizing there are any rules qualifies one as extremely ignorant.

My camp is full of Rangers, including a 007, and I heard about this guy that ran over Badger's foot. My hat's off to Badger, he's stout enough to pound most people yet didn't when most of us of less heft would have gone for it anyway.

Evicting the guy was absolutely called for.[/quote]

Hey Captain Goddamit, it's me, Doozer. And I am going to back up everything you said here.

I was in the same camp as the good Captain, and met badger (as well as a large number of other Rangers) on several occasions and heard the whole story. Not only was this guy driving around at speed being an ass on the esplanade (A is about the easiest street to find btw), and ran over badgers foot, but he ALSO HIT SOMEONE ON A BICYCLE!

Lets make it clear right now that at least 2 rangers have to agree on a decision like this, and a 007 might have been involved in this one, iirc. So it wasn't badger kicking you out. It was a consensus.

You got ejected for a reason dude. Now go to your room and think about what you did. Don't come out until you are ready to apologize.

Lawlz.

And Captain, it was damn good camping with you. Thanx for the wonderful Land Yacht.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:57 pm

You guy are confusing the herd..

Rules? what rules? I can't read no rules.. I have to go inflect myself on other people..

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:00 pm

Craiger13 wrote: I think it is ashame that a peaceful, spiritual, beautiful soul and enlightened person, such as myself who HAS added so much to BRC has lost interest because of political satire.
I don't even know what to say about this. But isn't one of the first rules of enlightenment that if you think you are enlightened, you aren't? I don't know what the Zen term is, but the greeks called it hubris. I mean, you say something like that and karma kicks in the teeth all the way to the first level. And everybody is just looking at you like: how pathetic.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

MikeVDS
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:02 am

It doesn't seem to me that Craiger gets it at all, especially based on the other threads. He seems very selfish and self centered and cannot understand why things are happening the way they are since the world is obviously rotating around him.

One doesn't even need to see Badgers post to see how throwing this guy out after this incident seems like a completely reasonable action. In fact a lesser ranger may have let the guy slip and allowed him to ruin more peoples burns.

Yes Cyrpto, I also found the enlightened comment very funny. You're right about anyone who calls themselves enlightened, damn sure is not. In general I find people who have to describe themselves to other people are completely opposite. A common one I find is girls calling themselves a "strong women". The funny thing is that everyone I've heard use that term for themselves was among some of the weakest people I've known (were talking character, not muscle). Of the many strong women (and men for that matter) that I've ever known, none of them that I've known of have ever felt the need to publicly declare themselves as a strong person. So I assume when people call themselves something it's because they want other people to see them that way but unless they say it, no one ever would describe them like that.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 am

did Bager ever post his side of the story?..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:27 am

Lest my previous post on this thread be misunderstood, I hartily agree that the obviously un-enlightened whiner needed to be firmly dealt with.

Just bad luck that a Ranger with a history of attracting controversy on ePlaya should happen to be involved.

shaun

Post by shaun » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:04 am

FWIW: On sunday a jackass with a bullhorn and his driver decided driving through walk-in would be cool. Said jackass was blathering away about how stupid walkin was. When someone suggested they remove themselves from walkin, jakass said "fuck you, what difference does it make, we are few feet from thousands of cars". I was able to restrain myself from turning this clown into the "Healing Man (r)", but only just. I am pretty sure i was dealing with craiger13 on hindsight. big black hacked sedan, definitely not an art car. am i wrong?

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:22 am

These night yellers are a different breed..

I was sleeping (out in the burbs) when a MV full of partyers stop to pottie.. The driver left the music on full blast.. The music got into my dreams.. Then I hear granpa (my camp mate) yell.. "Shut that fucking thing off, You son of a bitch".. I guess seeing a huge 85yr old naked man come screaming at you out of the dark was enough.
The sound stopped instantly..

My suggestion to the big white bus with the fog horn was how to keep the air in you tires.. "Don't blow that horn in the night"..

honeyfire

Make the asshat tow it out on foot?

Post by honeyfire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 am

regynalonglank wrote:and more importantly, is it really wrong to sugar the gas tank of an asshat driving around on the playa? rilly? c'mon...I got a whole box right here ;)
Well, it does raise the issue of getting the non-running vehicle off of the playa, since that's a pretty dramatic piece of moop. Those trucks are friggin' heavy, and may not fit in the remaining trunk space available...
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am

big black hacked sedan, definitely not an art car
I noticed such a car on Playa this year also. My reaction was "What-the-freak-went-wrong-here?!"

In fact, I saw several automobiles that seemed unworthy of MV status. Hopefully, our friends at DMV can fix this for next year.

Hey... Did everybody see those fabulous "heat devils" spinning off the Temple Burn?! What a fine week we had! :D :D :D

Kenny Z
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: United Nations

Post by Kenny Z » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 am

unjonharley wrote:

My suggestion to the big white bus with the fog horn was how to keep the air in you tires.. "Don't blow that horn in the night"..
Funny you mention that. When I first saw that bus with the modified tuba I thought it was the coolest thing! After a few days, it got pretty old. In fact, almost everyone I talked to about it mentioned how lame and irritating it was. Too bad because it was a neat idea, however, they wore it out like a Creed song on the radio.

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 am

...a huge 85yr old naked man come screaming at you out of the dark was enough.
The sound stopped instantly..
ROFL!

regynalonglank

Re: Make the asshat tow it out on foot?

Post by regynalonglank » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:07 am

honeyfire wrote:that's a pretty dramatic piece of moop...
oh ok...true that. *pours sugar into limes and starts pounding*

this is starting to get good again anyway, caipirinhas anyone?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am

Elliot wrote:
big black hacked sedan, definitely not an art car
I noticed such a car on Playa this year also. My reaction was "What-the-freak-went-wrong-here?!"

In fact, I saw several automobiles that seemed unworthy of MV status. Hopefully, our friends at DMV can fix this for next year.
Was it an mv?
What kind of tags did it have? Any?
Could be dpw, staff, handicapped or just illegal. Or a cop.

If you spot a police "art" car, usually trying to trade rides for drugs, distract them and tag the car.
Photograph the tagged car and get it to the media so the whole world can laugh at the assholes.

MoisturePup

Re: here is what happened....

Post by MoisturePup » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Craiger13 wrote: So that is the whole truth, nothing distorted, exactly how things happened for all those who can handle the truth! I guess that is why on the back of the ticket it says basically play at your own risk........and even through any neglect on behalf of staff or volunteer or participant.
Craiger13, I tell you this as somebody who often locks horns with Badger and is often at the receiving end of Badgers' legendary online grumpiness:

YOU WERE BEING A SELF ABSORBED ASSHOLE.

You didn't read the SURVIVAL GUIDE. They gave it that name for a reason (it's important god damn it.) I read several parts of this story where you continue to drive your car around despite the absolute prohibition stated on signs and in the guide, AND undoubtedly mentioned by the greeters when you arrived.

The BRC Rangers are there to protect all of us by enforcing the events rules. They are not law enforcement. They do not have any authority beyond kicking your ass out of the event. Which they did once it became obvious you were unwilling to learn from your mistakes (because you're a self absorbed asshole) and determined you were dangerous (because you're a self absorbed asshole with a large very heavy vehicle.)

P.S. Badger if you're reading this, god damn that part about you reaching through the window and grabbing the guy is super macho sexy. *swoon*

MikeVDS
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Thinking about it, I'd place money that Craiger was under the influence of something after he described his actions and the "haven't eaten in two days" lie; it only makes sense that he was making that up to try to explain the way he was acting. If that is the case Badger did him a HUGE favor by just removing him. If the BRC rangers didn't deal with him, he'd likely be facing felony time.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

MoisturePup

Post by MoisturePup » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:25 pm

MikeVDS wrote:Thinking about it, I'd place money that Craiger was under the influence of something after he described his actions and the "haven't eaten in two days" lie; it only makes sense that he was making that up to try to explain the way he was acting. If that is the case Badger did him a HUGE favor by just removing him. If the BRC rangers didn't deal with him, he'd likely be facing felony time.
Actually the first thing I thought when I read "haven't eaten in two days" was that meant he was on a stimulant like cyrstal meth or coke.

shaun

Post by shaun » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:59 pm

MoisturePup wrote:
MikeVDS wrote:Thinking about it, I'd place money that Craiger was under the influence of something after he described his actions and the "haven't eaten in two days" lie; it only makes sense that he was making that up to try to explain the way he was acting. If that is the case Badger did him a HUGE favor by just removing him. If the BRC rangers didn't deal with him, he'd likely be facing felony time.
Actually the first thing I thought when I read "haven't eaten in two days" was that meant he was on a stimulant like cyrstal meth or coke.
the first thing i thought was that he was lying. I think the whole act is a giant troll- "healing man tm", letting go to the universe, peace and love, " this "any experiences with badger (for the good of the community)" topic, the the whole thing is a troll. or maybe he is just an asshole and i am giving him too much credit.

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:01 pm

You can't judge from someone's emotional stress.
Crazy and right look pretty much the same.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Do you think he'll be back anytime soon?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

skygod
Burning Since: 2004

Post by skygod » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:53 pm

I think Craiger is giving us the "Lost Sheep" story. Do we leave the rest of the herd to go find him?
"It will seem difficult in the beginning. But everything seems difficult in the beginning."- Musashi

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Did we forget to put the low-jacks on them after shearing again? Some people never learn.
The Lady with a Lamprey

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:07 pm

and to think, Badger thought I was annoying.

:lol:
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Post by Karma » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 pm

I think Craiger 13 is in reality................ Black Rock Rik

Dummm, duh dum dum
"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh".

Voltaire

Return to “Stories”