any feedback? about experiences with BAGER --BRC RAnger

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 am

Karma wrote:I think Craiger 13 is in reality................ Black Rock Rik

Dummm, duh dum dum

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The plot thickens.

Definitely a great movie.

:lol:

Yeah, so what if it's kinda long.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

jcoffy

No matter....

Post by jcoffy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 am

No matter how you slice it, the guy is still in the wrong. And he is too chicken shit to accept the facts that he screwed up.

1) No reading of the rules.
2) Driving around like an idiot complaining about getting kicked out of the hot springs.
3) Engaging a Ranger with a megaphone.
4) Running over said Ranger's foot.
5) Leaving the scene and coming up with a giant bullshit story.
6) Complaining to all of us as if it were a big conspiracy and that his mistakes were small in comparison to the Ranger's Response.
7) Sneaking back in.
8) Some sort of hippy reasoning about "letting it all go to the universe" instead of actually dealing with the repercussions.

This guy sucks and I think he should be banned. But what do I know. I never met either of them. I am just ticked off at this story. I guess I should never be a Ranger because I might have punched the dude. HARD.

falk

Post by falk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:35 pm

urvile wrote:My camp is full of Rangers, including a 007, and I heard about this guy that ran over Badger's foot...
Wait, this really happened??!! I thought I was humoring a troll.

Jesus fuck on a pogo stick, how does someone manage to stay this stupid after two trips to Burning Man? They should have tatooed "Does not play well with others" on his forehead and told him never to come back.

Mosin
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Mosin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:57 am

No wonder craiger wants to start a new "Healing Man" event (see other inane thread/s): he is determined to get the shit kicked out of him at BM by engaging in totally lame and dangerous behavior, and/or to enter a hospital burn ward from all the righteous flames coming his way.

To soothe him as he is lying face-first in the dust (should he attempt to attend our uncool, rule-burdened event again and end up getting beaten for driving his "art car" 40mph on the Esplanade) I volunteer to sieze his megaphone and request that someone give him some drugs.

:)

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:58 am

falk wrote:
urvile wrote:My camp is full of Rangers, including a 007, and I heard about this guy that ran over Badger's foot...
Wait, this really happened??!! I thought I was humoring a troll.

Jesus fuck on a pogo stick, how does someone manage to stay this stupid after two trips to Burning Man? They should have tatooed "Does not play well with others" on his forehead and told him never to come back.
I think this is the funniest thing I've ever seen on this whole forum!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

If ya wanna see funny, check out all of the Badger and Isotopia posts.

Now that's truly funny.

:lol:

Oh, i see a part 4 in the making.

Even tho, I am sorry about Badger's foot.

I dont wish that on anyone.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 pm

There ain't nothing more to see here...5 pages of posts, nothing from Badger...heck for all we know this guy may be telling the truth as we have nothing else to balance it out with.

In any case it's time to move on...there's better things to be doing.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Mosin
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Mosin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Kinetic V wrote:There ain't nothing more to see here...5 pages of posts, nothing from Badger...heck for all we know this guy may be telling the truth as we have nothing else to balance it out with.

Asuming he is telling the truth, he is still a total ignoramus who admittedly did a bunch of lame and dangerous shit.

You're right though... much better things to be doing!! ePlaya is my primary procrastination tool ;)

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Mosin wrote:
Kinetic V wrote:There ain't nothing more to see here...5 pages of posts, nothing from Badger...heck for all we know this guy may be telling the truth as we have nothing else to balance it out with.

Asuming he is telling the truth, he is still a total ignoramus who admittedly did a bunch of lame and dangerous shit.

You're right though... much better things to be doing!! ePlaya is my primary procrastination tool ;)
I say the B bitch trolled us

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Still no details.

urvile

Post by urvile » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:39 pm

[quote="Kinetic V"]There ain't nothing more to see here...5 pages of posts, nothing from Badger...heck for all we know this guy may be telling the truth as we have nothing else to balance it out with.

In any case it's time to move on...there's better things to be doing.[/quote]

Check my previous post, and Capt. Goddamit's post. We were both camped with a lot of Rangers, some of whom are upper management, including a 007 and legal counsel to B-Man. We heard the whole story.

The guy ran over Badgers foot, hit a bicyclist, was driving fast on the Esplanade (two no-no's in one) in a non MV, generally being an ass, and had gotten booted out of the Hot Springs.

He's basically telling half-truths and shading what he tells, crying for sympathy for his own fuck-up. He's a danger to himself and others, and he got booted by a consensus of multiple Rangers who were eyewitnesses.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Still nothing about how Badger got hurt, except a too vague allegation by Craiger.

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

Post by alt12 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:09 pm

dear craiger,

thank you for choosing to not come back next year....have a nice life.

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

Post by alt12 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I also just wanted to say that I and two other people were almost run-over by another asshole driving their white stationwagon on the 3:00 radial towards the esplanade coming from the man (ie out in the playa).....at high speed...in the middle of the saturday dust storm.....when he was yelled out by one of the other bikers that he almost run-over (visibility of 10 feet at this point) he got all upset, told us to fuck-off and peeled out of there at 30 miles an hour (ish)...

in my opinion anyone pulling a stunt like that should be evicted immedeately....it is just too dangerous....

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 pm

The problem then is catching someone at 30 mph, when you can only go five.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:The problem then is catching someone at 30 mph, when you can only go five.
Time for Cap Smashy to install a rocket in the Fishy wheels... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Only if the CO is installing my pnuematic leg at the same time.

Yeah, I like being worked on by two guys at once, for and aft.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

fciron

Post by fciron » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Pneumatic Leg?

I hope it's equipped for ass-kicking because it sounds like at least one is richly deserved here.

(I am so sorry I didn't find this thread during the serious snarkiness.)

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:42 pm

i ain't goin nowhere. i am sitting right here eating DVD's popcorn and getting trashed until Badger shows up and spills. or Fishy kicks my ass with the new leg, either one. you know, whatever's first. hey ya wanna see my tits? cuz if this is long and slow some full frontal nudity might help!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:49 pm

I have the feeling that Badger may not be forthcoming with the tale. After all, rangers are trained to have some discretion when discussing participants. Generally.

Can we still see your tits?

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:01 pm

ok, they's not rilly nekkid, but they is well lit :) meow to the kitty for the wands!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

AntiM wrote:rangers are trained to have some discretion when discussing participants
oh...right. *refers to non-disclosure statement she signed earlier this year* good point.

well feck it then...

*skulks off looking for some other train wreck*

hi AntiM!!!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

HOwdy!

Tiara

Post by Tiara » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:59 pm

AntiM wrote:rangers are trained to have some discretion when discussing participants.
Making a brief appearance here, with my "official" hat on. . .

AntiM is correct: In the interests of privacy, Black Rock Rangers are asked not to discuss details of particular incidents in public forums.

Serving as the Communications Manager for the Black Rock Rangers this year has been quite an eye opening experience.

I've learned a lot in this new role, and hope that we've been able to institute some genuine improvements within the Rangers this year.

One of our areas of emphasis has been on training. And one element of that training is that when approaching any new situation, it's important to gather information on all sides of the story, from all involved parties.

That is the approach we take internally, whenever we look into incidents that are brought to our attention, as this has. (If anyone reading this has feedback, positive or negative, about the Black Rock Rangers, I invite you to share it via PM or email.)

Another element of our training is a reminder that Black Rock Rangers are volunteers, serving the community of Black Rock City, upholding our unique shared values, and looking out for safety issues. It's not about "us", it's about YOU.

When vehicles are stopped for driving on the Esplanade, or for driving anywhere else during the event without a permit, it is done in the interests of public safety. That is our first concern.

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 pm

And with that...there's nothing to see here folks, this show is over.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 pm

*Lights slowly fade up as the credits are still rolling. *

Well, that wasn't to bad or too long of a movie.

Nice to see Tiara back.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Tiara wrote:I've learned a lot in this new role, and hope that we've been able to institute some genuine improvements within the Rangers this year.

One of our areas of emphasis has been on training. And one element of that training is that when approaching any new situation, it's important to gather information on all sides of the story, from all involved parties.
i was mistaken that was always part of rangering. which explains my frustrations over the past few years since 3/3 ranger encounters failed to do that.

shaun

Post by shaun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

DVD Burner wrote:*Lights slowly fade up as the credits are still rolling. *

Well, that wasn't to bad or too long of a movie.

Nice to see Tiara back.

I want to see the special features disk. i feel like i am missing something.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:22 pm

I still want to know.
Craiger released his privacy rights when he brought this up.
Everyone knows this.

fciron

Post by fciron » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:16 am

Gyre,

Craiger already told us everything we need to know to conclude that he's a grade-A knucklehead. What's left?

Also, there's a bar and grill around the corner from my favorite theatre. Anyone wanna split a basket of fries?

Return to “Stories”