Asshole passed out in my tent, sleeping in my bed!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 am

Yahoos, apparently. That was the most confusing part of the story to me, that this guy was walking around BRC with a wad of greenbacks that large. Who needs to buy that much ice & coffee?
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

red arrow

Post by red arrow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm

its shit that you had such mongos ruining your camping experience although i do really feel that the original poster would have been acting extremely heavy handed had be attempted to start a fight with the drunk guy who was sleeping in his tent. im sure it was frustrating trying to wake them up but the burning man is the last place i thought one would find aggressive people or people who were not helpful to those who were in a messy situation.

if it was me i would have happily given them somewhere to sleep and a blanket just like your friends did.
"...but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant..." - Hunter S Thompson

seelivemusic

Post by seelivemusic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:10 pm

At my first burning man in 2000 I was that guy, someone slipped me a mickey and I did not know who I was or where I was going.

I guess my point is, thanks for your tolerance. Even the "best" of us need it from time to time.

misfit
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:37 pm

>>>>if it was me i would have happily given them somewhere to sleep and a blanket <<<<

and after he pissed on your carpet, what would be your next move,,,,,, give him a wipey.?....
sharpie the mofo.....
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm

red arrow wrote:burning man is the last place i thought one would find aggressive people
rilly? like rilly rilly? first thing I saw when I hit the playa on my virgin burm, 3am Monday, was two guys run into each other on their bikes on the Esplanade. they collided, threw their bikes down, and began to fist fight. they hit each other for a while, then just picked up their bikes and rode away in opposite directions after some other guys tried to break it up.

then there is always thunderdome :)

but what do I know. never found any drunk body in my tent, thank goodness, not entirely sure what I would do. when someone pointed out that my tent was first after the doorway at our place, saying wasn't I afraid that someone would come into my tent at night, my answer was no, I would just snap their neck and go back to sleep. but I'm pretty sure I was just kidding...mostly. I think. who knows what you do until that stuff really happens.

I can't believe someone actually cut a freakin hole in a tent, that's got to be one crazy set of thought processes that gets you to take a knife to someone else's shit!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:41 pm

regynalonglank wrote:
red arrow wrote:burning man is the last place i thought one would find aggressive people
rilly? like rilly rilly? first thing I saw when I hit the playa on my virgin burm, 3am Monday, was two guys run into each other on their bikes on the Esplanade. they collided, threw their bikes down, and began to fist fight. they hit each other for a while, then just picked up their bikes and rode away in opposite directions after some other guys tried to break it up.
Our Langster is right. Burning Man is filled with people. Ordinary people. To go you do not have to graduate from an ashram, pass a brain scan, or get a testosterone shunt. It is not paradise; it is not a utopia. Many people are basically pretty relaxed and in a ho,liday mood. But lack of sleep, drug use, unfulfilled expectations, dust storms, dehydration, and other things can break anyone's equinimity. Welcome to the real world.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

naugasnake

Post by naugasnake » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:08 pm

A portcullis? That is freaking awesome. I wanna party with you guys, and deny access to your camp from behind the portcullis. Do you have a pot of molten acid you can pour on the really annoying ones?

Next year it's all about the moat! Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a Lava Monster?

The CO
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 pm

regynalonglank wrote:I can't believe someone actually cut a freakin hole in a tent, that's got to be one crazy set of thought processes that gets you to take a knife to someone else's shit!
Mind you, it was not just a slash to get through, he cut from head height down AND over from the top of that slash about two feet. This was through Mil-spec tent canvas, not modern camping nylon. He put some effort into cutting his way in.

I should dig through last years logbook & post the story as written from the perspective of the tent owner...
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

red arrow

Post by red arrow » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:51 am

ah my mistake, sorry folks!
i didnt see any fighting there and met loads of hippy types, i guess its just the sort of people i would get talking to - burning man is what you make it so if you go there with a grumpy attitude and not enough water im sure youll get dehydrated and start fighting eh
"...but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant..." - Hunter S Thompson

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 am

naugasnake wrote:A portcullis? That is freaking awesome. I wanna party with you guys, and deny access to your camp from behind the portcullis. Do you have a pot of molten acid you can pour on the really annoying ones?

Next year it's all about the moat! Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a Lava Monster?
Well, at least it might keep the annoying hippies out. Too bad it won't work on the Eplaya. Oh wait, it does.

plonks naugasnake
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey, Rob the Wop! This might be a good time to reserect your career as the eplaya's advice and ettiquette colomnist.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:17 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:colomnist
hmmm...I'm sure the similarity to colon is simply a typo, right? :) cuz I'm all out of cigars. but I'll find some if it means a good old fashioned eplaya beat down. now where's DVD with the popcorn?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

honeyfire

You are merciful and kind...

Post by honeyfire » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 pm

The kind of spoiled brat dumbass dickhead who cuts a hole in someone else's tent to crash in it.
Gotta have bucks for the beer run, yo?
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:12 pm

regynalonglank wrote:
hmmm...I'm sure the similarity to colon is simply a typo, right? :)
Oh, spelling and I don't really get along.
The Lady with a Lamprey

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:22 pm

regynalonglank wrote:
hmmm...I'm sure the similarity to colon is simply a typo, right? :) cuz I'm all out of cigars. but I'll find some if it means a good old fashioned eplaya beat down. now where's DVD with the popcorn?
I'll share popcorn and pepsi.......

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:50 pm

I think it was selfish of you to interrupt his sleep when he was having such a great burn and needed rest!

That could have been your gift to him.

Other then that, I'm surprised that no one mention to deflate the matress

AIIZ

Rev_Sysyphus

Post by Rev_Sysyphus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote: Other then that, I'm surprised that no one mention to deflate the matress
AIIZ
Someone that tanked would never notice the bed deflated. In the end it would be lovely if either people had a better handle on their limits so they don't act like this dork or that everyone had a drinking/doping buddy who could prevent some dork from wandering into the wrong camp and peeing on the floor.

I wouldn't condone any real violence, but using the guy's face as canvas with some sharpies could prove effective as a deterrent to these sort of antics! :twisted:
Eschew The Banal!

Rev. Sysyphus
http://loafington.wordpress.com

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Rev_Sysyphus wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote: Other then that, I'm surprised that no one mention to deflate the matress
AIIZ
Someone that tanked would never notice the bed deflated. In the end it would be lovely if either people had a better handle on their limits so they don't act like this dork or that everyone had a drinking/doping buddy who could prevent some dork from wandering into the wrong camp and peeing on the floor.

I wouldn't condone any real violence, but using the guy's face as canvas with some sharpies could prove effective as a deterrent to these sort of antics! :twisted:
sometime your limits are closer then you think. I'm sure you have been there once or twice. You don't intend on being there, but it happens.

You think you walked into the bathroom or outside and you find yourself in the closet or something.

Very embarrassing indeed!

It only happened once

AIIZ

Rev_Sysyphus

Post by Rev_Sysyphus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:
naugasnake wrote:A portcullis? That is freaking awesome. I wanna party with you guys, and deny access to your camp from behind the portcullis. Do you have a pot of molten acid you can pour on the really annoying ones?

Well, at least it might keep the annoying hippies out. Too bad it won't work on the Eplaya. Oh wait, it does.

plonks naugasnake
Actually we allowed the annoying hippies in! They were fun. In the end the King would make the final determination as to who was let in and who was not and we just went along!

The castle and the portcullis is no more. It burned. Next year if I go it'll be in a plain old tent. Then I will have to worry maybe about finding someone there who don't belong! But than again as long as they don't cut a hole in my tent or pee on my stuff I guess it's ok to let them sleep off whatever they took that did this to them.

It's ok to be drunk and stupid, just try not to be destructive!
Eschew The Banal!

Rev. Sysyphus
http://loafington.wordpress.com

Here and there

Post by Here and there » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:28 am

Rev_Sysyphus wrote:
AIIZ
I wouldn't condone any real violence,
Would spraying the guy's pubes with pepper spray qualify as violence? I'll bet that would have gotten him up quickly.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Is that guy still zonked out after all this time?

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:37 pm

DPW removed him as moop.

I understand they ate well that night.
The Lady with a Lamprey

cullen

Post by cullen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 pm

see i would just write "i have a drug problem" on his forehead, and see how long it takes him to be a friend with the cops.

cocoa_rageous

Post by cocoa_rageous » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 am

You could have written and drawn all over him and then set him up in the comfy lawn chair, but on the side of the road. Amusement for passers-by and no piss on the carpet.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 am

cocoa_rageous wrote:You could have written and drawn all over him and then set him up in the comfy lawn chair, but on the side of the road. Amusement for passers-by and no piss on the carpet.
Better yet, Center Cafe. :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

cullen

Post by cullen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Found a couple fucking in my tent this year...didn't really bother me until I found that they had walked off with my carton of cigarettes and an expensive bottle of absinthe.. This year seemed chocked full of inconsiderate assholes.. Am taking precautions next year, and bringing my hippie be good stick. Fuck em!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:27 pm

He's still in your bed?! I don't think he's passed out..., might be time to call the coroner...! :shock:
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:25 am

BAS wrote:He's still in your bed?! I don't think he's passed out..., might be time to call the coroner...! :shock:
oh oh that smell, can you smell that smell............. :shock:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:53 pm

If I found someone sleeping in my bed, I'd let him and head out to party!

Return to “Stories”