Was anyone Caressed at the Greeters Gate?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
honeyfire

Re: creepy old guys or creepy young guys either...

Post by honeyfire » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Otisserie wrote:Greeters has shift leads and supervisors, and I wouldn't feel at all bad about clueing them in on [the overly physical greeter]'s behavior. it's as simple as saying "hey, this guy seems to be getting really creepy and inappropriate with people, could you keep an eye on him?"
See how kind you are, Otisserie.
Having looked like a Playboy Bunny since the age of 12 1/2, i have become drastically less tolerant of this kind of behaviour.
I find that carefully gripping the perp by the throat and saying clearly "You don't grope my tits, i don't don't crush your windpipe, now keep your fucking hands off" is wonderfully effective.
clerkkent wrote:After previous years, I really wanted to option of having an express lane at the greeters station; I've done all the virgin welcoming activities, and I don't want to idle needlessly in the queue. How about a fast lane where the greeter says "Welcome! Here's your guide! Have fun and be safe!".
Fucking brilliant, yes, i totally agree.
Kinda like having an employees lane at the security check at the airport. :nodding

Greeters, taken as a category, are the bomb, and deserve lots of love!
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm

the express lane will never happen IMHO and would only cause many virgins to miss out.
blow.

Otisserie

Express lane

Post by Otisserie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:36 pm

thirt33n wrote:the express lane will never happen IMHO and would only cause many virgins to miss out.
Exactly. Picture Joe Blow who's never been to BM. He just waited an hour at Gate and is now in another line for what, he doesn't know. All he knows is that his ticket has already been torn, so he must be at Burning Man. Meanwhile, the lane next to him is just blasting right by. So he's going to do what anyone in traffic would do: get in the fast lane.

So now he's in BM. Except he doesn't know anything about porta potty restrictions, proper camera etiquette, where to camp, nothing. If you think there are a lot of clueless yahoos around BM now, just wait until you add an express lane past Greeters.
I don't experiment with drugs anymore; I already know which ones I like.

mars

Post by mars » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 am

As a greeter, when I encountered an experienced burner, I gave him/her an "express greeting".

It's easy to identify the yahoos with my quick and easy quiz:

1. What's Moop?
2. What's LNT?
3. What does NOT go in the Porto-Potties?

You wouldn't believe how many people could not answer these question!!!!
(Well, they could by the time I let them enter burning man)
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

Gravity Girl

awesome greeting home

Post by Gravity Girl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:13 pm

i got picked up by my greeter and then he started kissing me. granted myself and the other virgin girls in my camp got out of our bus topless and were doing somersaults in the playa without being told. and he was really hot, not old and gross, so i was completely ok with it. but i guess it is a bit of a double standard.

we arrived late monday morning in the dust storm, and the greeters had 5 of us lay beside each other and roll like logs across the playa. then we got to ring the bell, and we all got our paperwork.

i'm kind of sad next year i don't get to/have to do that! i hope we bring a newbie so i can watch though. and that is a good idea the people who suggested gifting the greeter with a cold drink.

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:52 pm

honeyfire wrote:.....Having looked like a Playboy Bunny since the age of 12 1/2
You have big floppy ears and a white puffy tail? How cute.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Intubater69

Post by Intubater69 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:07 pm

wedeliver wrote:
honeyfire wrote:.....Having looked like a Playboy Bunny since the age of 12 1/2
You have big floppy ears and a white puffy tail? How cute.
I dont know wedeliver, I think her ego's bigger then the ears... :twisted:
I get to drive the ambulance how fast?!!

SailMan

honeyfire

Not really into the boobs thing, myself...

Post by honeyfire » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 am

Well, i didn't say that it makes me better than other people or that i'm extra cool because i have big tits.
It just means that i've been getting hit on a coupla times a week for the past 29 years, and so i have a lot of pratice saying "no", sometimes to people who are quite rude and aggressive in their approach.
My point was not any particular person's level of attractiveness, my point is that nobody has the right to be groping people against their will.

And, btw, i have the ears, but not the tail, as it keeps getting plucked by frolicsome drunks...
I'm just trying not to be liveMOOP...

Civil rights: use 'em or lose 'em!

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:51 pm

On my drive to the greeters gate in the dust storm Tuesday around 12:30? I stopped to give a ride to a fellow walking towards the greeter's gate with a long way to go. He had no goggles or mask, and looked like he was having a rough time. His friends had gone on ahead while he waited for his ticket at will call. He thought it would be a short walk. He had only been in the U.S, for two days. "Welcome!" I said. I said he might expect to have a special welcoming ceremony at the greeters gate, and to enjoy it. He was such a good sport! Cheers all around. The greeter gave us both a nice patch along with our guide. Next time I will definitely have treats for the greeters.

FilXeno
Burning Since: 1995

Post by FilXeno » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 pm

I was a virgin this year, And the greeters were great.
Got a good hug, and did playa angels, and then got to ring the bell.
Very fun :D

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:28 pm

My boyfriend had gotten all worked up to get to Greeters to be "de-virginized" -- I had told him all the wild things I'll have the greeters do to him. The greeter only wanted him to ring the bell. Not enough I said. So Gonzo was told to drop and roll around in the dirt. He did. Still not enough for my taste. So I told him to bend at the waist. I dumped handfulls of dirt in his hair. "NOW you look like a burner!" I said with glee.
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

Technobob

Post by Technobob » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:24 am

[quote="skygod"]

Other greeters were having the virgin burners make dust angels.[/quote]

That was me!
And having dust thrown up my nose,
a great welcoming at 2am

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:20 am

Thirt33n groped and grabbed and sashayed around my welcoming nipples with his rough, calloused, manly greeter hands.

i'm suing.
Frida Be You & Me

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:09 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:Thirt33n groped and grabbed and sashayed around my welcoming nipples with his rough, calloused, manly greeter hands.

i'm suing.
of such a handsome man, in black rubber boots, a pink camisole and Zorro mask?
How could he resist, you vixen you.

tri-jen

greeters--

Post by tri-jen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm

hah!
mine was harsh and controlling. but i had to work her out of it :)

lost

Post by lost » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:52 pm

2008 was my first burn- we were in the giant 6 hour parking lot party during the first big dust storm, so talking to our greeter and making dust angles was the most amazing "holy shit I actually made it to BM" feeling (esp b/c it was a three day drive to get there!)

I want to be a greeter multiple times next year. Actually, I want to go in early and help set up the greeter's station, or stay late and help clean up. I can do that, right? hmmm

Nobody caressed me though. I'm kind of glad they didn't to be honest. eeww
i do what i want

sattelite5812

Post by sattelite5812 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:00 pm

I hear you, Lost. I was already kinda toying with the idea of being a greeter next year in my head, but after reading this thread (and talking to a Greeter in our local community) I'm signing up! :D

mars

Post by mars » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:12 am

The Party Begins at Greeters!

It is THE most fun job at Burning Man!

(Aside from all the OTHER most fun jobs!)
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:24 pm

mars wrote:The Party Begins at Greeters!

It is THE most fun job at Burning Man!

(Aside from all the OTHER most fun jobs!)

I would have to agree!!
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:39 pm

My greeter was a woman in her early 50s wearing what appeared to be a toga. No caressing but got a cheerful "WELCOME". She was very informative and firm about open container laws being enforced.

mojo

Post by mojo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Thecatman wrote:My greeter was a woman in her early 50s wearing what appeared to be a toga. No caressing but got a cheerful "WELCOME". She was very informative and firm about open container laws being enforced.
Good for her - for the last couple of years, we have watched the LEOs target people coming in and pulling them over just after they clear Greeter's, handing out open container tickets.

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:22 pm

mojo wrote:
Thecatman wrote:My greeter was a woman in her early 50s wearing what appeared to be a toga. No caressing but got a cheerful "WELCOME". She was very informative and firm about open container laws being enforced.
Good for her - for the last couple of years, we have watched the LEOs target people coming in and pulling them over just after they clear Greeter's, handing out open container tickets.
Interesting. I didn't know they enforced open container laws once you were passed the greeters. Must have missed that in the survival guide.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 am

jkisha wrote:
mojo wrote:
Interesting. I didn't know they enforced open container laws once you were passed the greeters. Must have missed that in the survival guide.

JK
I'm not surprised, it was listed immediately after No Pounding It on the open Playa :P
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:33 am

Sail Man wrote:
I'm not surprised, it was listed immediately after No Pounding It on the open Playa :P
Oh Damn--missed that part too! LOL

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Dosmoss

Post by Dosmoss » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 am

In a way I think you should expect that sort thing at Burning man, I am not saying they have a right to do it, But hey, what happens happens, and you shouldn't ask why, but how to avoid a situation next time!

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am

Dosmoss wrote:In a way I think you should expect that sort thing at Burning man, I am not saying they have a right to do it, But hey, what happens happens, and you shouldn't ask why, but how to avoid a situation next time!
That is probably true; but I like to think that we are pretty well informed about the does and don'ts. We don't usually think about drinking in the truck, so it isn't anything we would have thought to look-up specifically. But that's one of the nice things about hanging around here--you learn lots of useful (and sometimes not-so-useful) stuff.

JK
JK

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 am

2006 was my first, and so far only, year. I got to ring the bell and extra hugs, since I did my d---est to knock the bell off the stand! I think I left a mark in it, and the greeters really enjoyed the playa-spanning ring! :D
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Igneouss
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Igneouss » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Hey! I gotta defend us old (creeepy?) guys. As a member of that sub culture it's just a few bad apples that grope unsuspecting bystanders. Most of us prefer to utilize are superior skills and experience and charm thus leading to consensual group gropes back at the ranch...

Seriously though. Anyone that takes undo liberties on virgins at the gate is just really sad. If he meets my GF he will be very sorry (2nd degree black belt, also kick boxer and competition judo). She has less than zero patients with 'liberties' LOL

Laughing Forest

Post by Laughing Forest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 pm

I was caressed before I ever reached the Greeters. Last year I was caressed with a gift ticket and this year some kind soul (won't mention their name) caressed me with a first tier ticket.

I LOVE my playa family.

janicels

Post by janicels » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 am

i love all the greeters i know i home when i get that first hug love it when they give the hugs when u are done u can still fill there arms around u
now that is a welcome home hug love hug
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great

Return to “Stories”