I have footage of UFO's Sun. Sept. 6, 2009 at 9:14pm :)

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
AlexArndt

I have footage of UFO's Sun. Sept. 6, 2009 at 9:14pm :)

Post by AlexArndt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:45 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Check it out... please, can someone tell me what these triangular shaped UFO's are? We saw six... and if you freeze frame the first part of the footage, you can see four of them, then three, then two... and then this guy bumped us (in our car as we were driving out and knocked on the door to tell us). After I turn back to look, they had all disappeared.

AKAparttime
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: some times Outpost Tokyo

Post by AKAparttime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:06 am

There was some fast RC planes at the burn this year, lights that can be turned off & on .

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 am

Hellooooo...It's Burning Man. Isn't everything pretty much unidentified at night until you are close enough to touch it in most instances? People fly weather balloons, rc planes & helicopters, El wire kites, sky divers sometimes jump with flares attached, there are many aircraft that visit from the air bases nearby as well as pilots cruising around from the airport and other crap...There is an endless array of things that it could possibly be (especially at Burning Man). I'm sure their is a very unexciting,perfectly logical explanation for whatever you saw.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 am

PS why were you out driving around on the playa? There is a park it and leave it rule.

AlexArndt

Oh... cool... well... that's nice to know...

Post by AlexArndt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 am

So, do you think they were flying above the temple burn? And 6 of them?

[quote="AKAparttime"]There was some fast RC planes at the burn this year, lights that can be turned off & on .[/quote]

AlexArndt

So... this was Sun...on the drive out...traffic jam

Post by AlexArndt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 am

Well, this was on the way out... traffic jam on Sun night of the temple burn.

[quote="DoriumLux"]PS why were you out driving around on the playa? There is a park it and leave it rule.[/quote]

AlexArndt

Post by AlexArndt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 am

Ok... well sorry for the excitement (virgin here)... I had never seen these types of flying machines before and I was intrigued to see who might know exactly what the triangular shaped fast flying and hovering aircraft are... (that turn on and off lights quickly)...

[quote="DoriumLux"]Hellooooo...It's Burning Man. Isn't everything pretty much unidentified at night until you are close enough to touch it in most instances? People fly weather balloons, rc planes & helicopters, El wire kites, sky divers sometimes jump with flares attached, there are many aircraft that visit from the air bases nearby as well as pilots cruising around from the airport and other crap...There is an endless array of things that it could possibly be (especially at Burning Man). I'm sure their is a very unexciting,perfectly logical explanation for whatever you saw.[/quote]

AKAparttime
Camp Name: some times Outpost Tokyo

Post by AKAparttime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 am

AlexArndt wrote:Ok... well sorry for the excitement (virgin here)... I had never seen these types of flying machines before and I was intrigued to see who might know exactly what the triangular shaped fast flying and hovering aircraft are... (that turn on and off lights quickly)...
DoriumLux wrote:Hellooooo...It's Burning Man. Isn't everything pretty much unidentified at night until you are close enough to touch it in most instances? People fly weather balloons, rc planes & helicopters, El wire kites, sky divers sometimes jump with flares attached, there are many aircraft that visit from the air bases nearby as well as pilots cruising around from the airport and other crap...There is an endless array of things that it could possibly be (especially at Burning Man). I'm sure their is a very unexciting,perfectly logical explanation for whatever you saw.

Fun, no ?

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 pm

You let me know if u find anyone else that witnessed this i would love to submit everything to a UFO board i belong to. Who you want to handle this one though is Nevada MUFON here is the link

http://www.nevadamufon.org/

write them a message on the contact us area.

let me know what happens or if u need anymore help

It is my belief UFOs are often spotted at event of turmoil or loss or mass joy because its event rippled in time.

examples of regular sightings
Iraq
Sept. 11 01
mass meditations (india)
Burning man wouldnt surprise me at all. I have looked 2 years now and nothing i couldnt explain up until now. If the were balloons they would have moved while u were filming them. didnt look like flares they werent even dropping. Believe me someone must have seen this
I have post playa depression :(

**burn**

Post by **burn** » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:34 pm

I'll have one of whatever he's having.

Risky

AlexArndt

Thanks...

Post by AlexArndt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm

I wrote them a note with the links. I'm sure someone else shot this too, it just may need to surface. There are people on this forum who seem to know that it may have been just different types of planes or helicopters... but I'd be interested to hear from the people that were actually flying above the burn at this time. Then I could rule out possibilities.

[quote="pandasex"]You let me know if u find anyone else that witnessed this i would love to submit everything to a UFO board i belong to. Who you want to handle this one though is Nevada MUFON here is the link

http://www.nevadamufon.org/

write them a message on the contact us area.

let me know what happens or if u need anymore help

It is my belief UFOs are often spotted at event of turmoil or loss or mass joy because its event rippled in time.

examples of regular sightings
Iraq
Sept. 11 01
mass meditations (india)
Burning man wouldnt surprise me at all. I have looked 2 years now and nothing i couldnt explain up until now. If the were balloons they would have moved while u were filming them. didnt look like flares they werent even dropping. Believe me someone must have seen this[/quote]

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Kites, you saw reflective kites. I've seen them in years past, the lights tend to be from lasers and reflections of lights from the ground. When they aren't reflecting light, they seem to disappear. There are traditionally silver kites at the temple burn.

Jiva

Post by Jiva » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:58 pm

I hope you didn't try to head out to 447 as high as you sounded in the video :shock:
[color=#ECE3BA][size=75]Stay home; the man will burn without you.[/size][/color]

Kinetik V
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Can I get that 2 minutes of my life back? Ugh.
That redefines the term "dash cam" as I got to see more of the dashboard in detail than anything suspicious.
As for the rest of it...AntiM nailed it...kites. And I think Jiva was right too in that you're just about as high as those kites. Of course I could be wrong...
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Grazelda

Post by Grazelda » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:13 pm

If there were no anal probes, it did not happen. Everyone knows spaceships mean anal probing.

AlexArndt

Sorry... :)

Post by AlexArndt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 pm

I couldn't figure out how to cut the rest of the video off... but just for you, I put a disclosure in there after 40 secs that the rest of the video is gonna be just dashboard since the UFO's (high flying kites) had disappeared. :)

[quote="Kinetic V"]Can I get that 2 minutes of my life back? Ugh.
That redefines the term "dash cam" as I got to see more of the dashboard in detail than anything suspicious.
As for the rest of it...AntiM nailed it...kites. And I think Jiva was right too in that you're just about as high as those kites. Of course I could be wrong...[/quote]

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

klone138

Post by klone138 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:02 am

Thank you for the little bit of footage you got. its not much, but it at least made me realize me and my friends weren't the only ones who saw the ufo's. They were also present right before the man burned on Saturday as well. I don't think it was a coincidence that they showed themselves right before the man burn and the temple burn.

klone138

Post by klone138 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:10 am

I'd also like to add: Anybody that thinks these crafts are balloons or normal aircraft; Explain how I watched these crafts instantly change directions, then just stop and start moving again?

AlexArndt

I was feelin really good for sure... but...

Post by AlexArndt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:35 am

I'm always feelin high... and I'm an engineer and a musician... and I carry out my tasks with high precision. :)

[quote="Jiva"]I hope you didn't try to head out to 447 as high as you sounded in the video :shock:[/quote]

Kinetik V
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 am

A two line or 4 line stunt kite, flown on the edge of the wind envelope can mimic the movements everyone is describing, including the speed in which you can change direction. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the kite theory.

(Alex, I came across pretty harsh with my last post, sorry about that.)
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Pink Daddy

Post by Pink Daddy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 am

I thought I saw UFOs at our last regional decompression. I was walking along behind the event and noticed some stars close to the horizon. I then noticed that they were moving. Everyone around me confirmed that they saw it to.

But, after we walked closer, we discovered that someone had put LED lights in balloons and filled them with helium.

It fit with the 'Mission to Mars' theme...
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs377.snc4/46069_461193081927_501436927_6807820_1244164_n.jpg[/img]

Laughing Forest

Post by Laughing Forest » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:37 am

I'd also like to add: Anybody that thinks these crafts are balloons or normal aircraft; Explain how I watched these crafts instantly change directions, then just stop and start moving again?
Could it have had anything to do with being off your meds?

klone138

Post by klone138 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:31 pm

'm not on meds! So fuck your snarky ass reply. I know what I saw. It was NOT a kite or a balloon. I know its impossible for your feeble mind to concept that there could be something else (unexplainable) over the Black Rock Desert sky. But that is what it was, like it or not :D

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Alrighty then.

falk

Post by falk » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:52 pm

There were a number of hot-air balloons, consisting of a light paper bag and a candle that were launched over the playa. I forget what they're really called. Perhaps that's what you saw.
I know its impossible for your feeble mind to concept that there could be something else (unexplainable) over the Black Rock Desert sky.
Does the expression "Get in the fookin sack" ring a bell? If not, watch this:

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:58 am

'm not on meds! So fuck your snarky ass reply. I know what I saw. It was NOT a kite or a balloon.
Statistically, in a city of 50,000 people, during a single week, someone is going to.....

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 am

klone138 wrote:'m not on meds! So fuck your snarky ass reply. I know what I saw.

So, by saying you know what you saw you can't call it a UFO but more like a IFO??? :shock: :roll: :shock:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

MsLynn707
Location: Between the Pacific Ocean and The Black Rock Desert of Nevada

UFOs???

Post by MsLynn707 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Well I'll say one thing here that is agreat dashboard you have there. I don't know if the very out of focus lights were UFOs but anything is possible inasmuch as when I was a kid(35yrs ago) we were driving east on what is now I-80 and used to be U.S. 40 just about 5-8 miles from Fernley going toward Lovelock and we saw in the eastern sky 6 sets of triangular lights 2 were yellow and 1 was green pointed downward and right alongside those were 2 green and 1 yellow point upward and we pulled over to watch these lights move laterally towards us and then moved back away from us and we watched these light for about 20-25 minutes and then they just all moved away all in the patterns that they were flying very quickly to the east until they disappeared completely. This was reported in something 35-40 states in the next 2-3 weeks. I know this sounds pretty off the wall, but it did happen and I will never for get it and where we saw this is only about 30-35 miles SSE from the playa.

andy

Post by andy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:11 am

Might have been balloons. There was a guy out there with a long chain of balloons that he was leading around on a bike - the chain was hundreds of feet long. I don't know if he did it at night, too, but maybe a few balloons were lit up by a propane jet or some other light source for a few seconds.

Return to “Stories”