OK funniest moment 2009

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
pandasex

OK funniest moment 2009

Post by pandasex » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

mine was seeing an older guy (around 65) looking wayyyy toooo hard at a topless women (hot yes) while she is walking opposite direction he is riding and then

BAM right into a pole......

I turned around and went to ask him if he was ok. Then another guy asked if he needed to see the med tent. He said he was fine and asked if he hurt the pole LOL
I told him "don't you worry about that pole HOW are u?"

im still laughing
I have post playa depression :(

Wolfe

Post by Wolfe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Mine had to be watching one of the other barbarians at Barbarian Camp tell another burner that they could do the rope swing challenge of the obstacle course, "backwards, forwards, and upside down". He meant this as a humorous overstatement, meaning you could attempt that section of the obstacle course however you could, as long as you made it across . . .

and then watching the burner do it backwards, forwards, *and* upside down. :)

Whoever you were, dude: You rocked my day.

--Wolfe

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Naked guy running after a water truck. He hit the mud, sliiiiiiiiid and did a faceplant. Then the water truck shut off the water and drove away. Bummer for that guy but man he provided us with great entertainment!

kickstart

Post by kickstart » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 pm

watching people who said they could handle spicy stuff start to tear up and cry after taking a shot of our insanity vodka.

They got a good laugh out of it themselves after a few minutes :)

decoverite

Post by decoverite » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:22 pm

There was an older, naked guy on a segueway circling around and around a pole dancer in Lustre Village. He circled clockwise, he circled counterclockwise, he would speed up then slow down while he licked his lips and shot her Fuck Me eyes. Eventually I got on the megaphone and told him to dance or go the fuck home. So he got off the segueway and climbed on one of our dancing platforms. Best sense of humor on a dirty old man EVER.
Covered in Lint!

falk

Darwin on the Pot

Post by falk » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Darwin on the Pot. Bloody brilliant. Hung around for like 20 minutes to see the expressions on peoples' faces.

Our favorite was the ones who arrived on an art car from the other side, and *should* have seen the joke, but I guess we see what we expect to see.

Woman jumped from the car, ran to the potties, yanked a door open and shouted "Those FUCKERS! How could they do this to a pregnant woman?"

Best. Prank. Ever.

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 pm

LostinReno wrote:Naked guy running after a water truck. He hit the mud, sliiiiiiiiid and did a faceplant. Then the water truck shut off the water and drove away. Bummer for that guy but man he provided us with great entertainment!

naked ppl do funny things dont they :wink:

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 pm

too many for one post ...

but one that sticks out was at ygmir's camp. someone started playing a ukulele, and suddenly all of these instruments appeared, and we all started playing nothing in particular, which was annoying enough ... then yg pulled out this duck-call thing simon of the playa had given to him ... it made a god-awful noise, and he found every annoying sound it could possibly make, too ... and we all just kept playing, while people on the street gave us dirty looks and ran away ...

i was only sorry that dougly missed it, he was hoping to find some acoustic jam-sessions...

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:48 pm

*giggling*, that was fun........

and, the wonderful "call" Simon gave me, well, I could make it sound exactly like an infant crying or screaming.....every person with paternal instincts came to an abrupt halt......and looked at us like we were being immature or something...........

how could that be?

LF was so musical...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Shawnster

"Are you looking forward to the new movie?"

Post by Shawnster » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:32 pm

I was sitting at one of the camp bars when all of a sudden a dude in an amazing Iron Man outfit turned up. He could barely move, and needed helping just raising an arm. Anyway, some guy at the bar wanted a picture with Iron Man. While they're posing together the guy asks, "So. Looking forward to the new movie?"

Uhm, I think it's safe to say, yeah...

http://www.guttersnipenews.com/

Recoil

Post by Recoil » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm

for me it was the day we found out primate playground renamed them selves to ''give directions to karma chickins camp'' since everyone and there mom kept asking them for directions to our theam camp and then they started making people come ask us how to find primate playground if they wanted to use there tetertoter.

It was great fun lol
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Definately when I came around the corner at Opulent Temple and the head of the flamethrower on my MV caught on fire...and then the fire extinguisher failed.

Frekkin priceless moment.

I wish I had a pic of Zulegoona doing the back and forth.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:06 am

Maybe when I shut down the gate during exodus?

Or when I found out the yellow bike I used wasn't.
Just someone painting their bike green for the playa.

Putting a campmate out seems funny now.
Wasn't when he was on fire though.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:22 am

The Bacon Escalation in the portos near us. Someone graffitied in a girl holding her heart and some trashy sentiment. I think it was "Love is all there is, recognize yourself as love". Then someone scratched out Love and put in Bacon and made the heart a sandwich. Then bacon was scratched out and Bacon returned. The next time, the word bacon was all over inside the stall. Then it was rubbed out in a few places, only to reappear.

My kingdom for a sharpie.

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm

gyre wrote:Maybe when I shut down the gate during exodus?

Thanks for the spaghetti after hours Gyre!!!! - good to see you again.

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Thought the"cattle round up"to Camp Brand-Ur-Ass was very amusing.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:41 pm

littleflower wrote:too many for one post ...

but one that sticks out was at ygmir's camp. someone started playing a ukulele, and suddenly all of these instruments appeared, and we all started playing nothing in particular, which was annoying enough ... then yg pulled out this duck-call thing simon of the playa had given to him ... it made a god-awful noise, and he found every annoying sound it could possibly make, too ... and we all just kept playing, while people on the street gave us dirty looks and ran away ...

i was only sorry that dougly missed it, he was hoping to find some acoustic jam-sessions...
And here we were at Robotronia, torturing the people in the ice line with the worst recorded music on earth. Where were you guys!?!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 pm

mdmf007 wrote:
gyre wrote:Maybe when I shut down the gate during exodus?

Thanks for the spaghetti after hours Gyre!!!! - good to see you again.
Glad to help.
I spent the night at Bonnevile Speedway on the way home.

klondike_bar

Post by klondike_bar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

on sunday, i partook in the "does it taste like whiskey" game at Gigsville. after affirming to a very drunk person that what was written on his forehead was not "fucker" but actually "it says your awesome", I kept on my way, got a greenbike, and hit a makeshift ramp outside someones camp.

not exactly a moment, but definitely a humorous highlight

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm

I attached a tapestry around the open hatch of my van for a shower curtian. After I showered I discovered that I forget my shoes. Not wanting to walk on the playa with clean feet I crawled into the back end of the van.. catching the tapestry with my foot, the tapestry fell down & I gave all my neighbors a VERY full moon. :lol:
don't forget to floss

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 pm

sitting around the roots society campfire sunday night getting drunk with barbie.

fucking hilarious.

i am quite certain i did wet myself.
Frida Be You & Me

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:
littleflower wrote:too many for one post ...

And here we were at Robotronia, torturing the people in the ice line with the worst recorded music on earth. Where were you guys!?!
damn, i wish we could have tortured an ice line!! did you have some loud bass, too? we lacked that. :D

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:34 am

I laughed so hard it hurt. Hanging out with bad advice camp behind Kostume Kult, I giggled and giggled as we came up with bad advice.

My favorite: if you need a place to store pickle relish, try your pussy. NASTY, horrible visuals but oh so funny. I'm laughing now typing this.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 am

Points to Bad Advice Camp for not wimping out and shutting down early.
They were giving questionable advice late monday night.

I knew someone in hushville who got kicked out of the Bad Advice booth for being too good at giving bad advice.
He couldn't stop either.
He was giving himself bad medical advice as he was being carted to medical.

SpacemanSpliff

Post by SpacemanSpliff » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:52 pm

One of my friends is sitting in front of our camp with a megaphone heckling passers-by when a car drives by. "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!" he yells. The car obediently slows down. My friend gets a grin on his face. "You know what? Stop." The car stops. "Alright, now back up!" The car starts backing up.

Priceless.
"No, dude, I'm not going to kiss the cat. You people are sick. I'm outta here."

peace

Post by peace » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Don't think it was the funniest but the only one I remember clearly 'cause it happened at home off-playa. We took the camp rugs across the street to the local baseball field, draped them across the outfield fence and began beating them with sticks in an annual vain attempt to get them clean-er. A massive cloud of dust sprung forth immediately and headed towards a group of 11-12 yr old kids playing a pick-up game. They looked over at us with big WTF expressions on their faces. Within a few minutes they gave up the game and ran away with us yelling "Pussies- we've been breathing this shit for a week!"

oscillator

Post by oscillator » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Had to be either Chef Lisa @ Tuna Guys directing her Special Fucking People during the potluck Monday (late) night.

Or...

The enchanting songstress/ukelele player Belinda doing her mashups around the 9:00 burn barrel that same Monday night. I especially enjoyed her rendition of Marilyn Monroe's "I wanna be *** by you". Boo boop de doo.

Oh, the "On Broadway/Norwegian Wood/Tequila" mashup was priceless.

What great burner women. Hallelujah!

\\osc

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 am

peace wrote:Don't think it was the funniest but the only one I remember clearly 'cause it happened at home off-playa. We took the camp rugs across the street to the local baseball field, draped them across the outfield fence and began beating them with sticks in an annual vain attempt to get them clean-er. A massive cloud of dust sprung forth immediately and headed towards a group of 11-12 yr old kids playing a pick-up game. They looked over at us with big WTF expressions on their faces. Within a few minutes they gave up the game and ran away with us yelling "Pussies- we've been breathing this shit for a week!"

First off i have a kid..............................

and that shit was funny WAAYYYY funny :lol:

Timezone LaFontaine
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by Timezone LaFontaine » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Around 4am, I was back at my camp, getting ready to turn in one night. It was quiet. Suddenly, a carload of DPW folk comes rolling up in a convertible blasting "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John, and parks in the street right next to my tent, all of them singing along melodramatically, standing inside the car and dancing on the hood, setting off firecrackers, drinking beer, dancing, one guy continuously and majestically waving the American flag back and forth. That song has been permanently reformatted in my mind and will always remind me of that bizarrely magical and hilarious moment. :lol:

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Definately when I came around the corner at Opulent Temple and the head of the flamethrower on my MV caught on fire...and then the fire extinguisher failed.

Frekkin priceless moment.

I wish I had a pic of Zulegoona doing the back and forth.
Or of me as I fell flat on my face in my rush to get off the roof. Thank god for Zule and bottled water.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Return to “Stories”