Question for naked guys on the playa

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
pandasex

Question for naked guys on the playa

Post by pandasex » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 pm

first off i think all the nude ppl on the playa are great. I wish i had the balls (no pun intended) to be nude out there.

question: why do men sometimes where cock rings out there?
i mean is it decoration? sexual? comfort because of flopage?
I have post playa depression :(

geospyder
Burning Since: 2017

Post by geospyder » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I didn't but maybe I should have. The few pictures I've seen of myself, the first thought that came to mind was "Damn, it must have been cold" :oops:
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

brcprincess

Post by brcprincess » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:54 am

My question is, why is it always the OLD men that go naked? I saw hundreds of them wandering naked (and alone) this year.

But I rarely saw any hot young guys naked.

Maybe I was camping near the Seniors section??

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:00 am

Okay, my piggy-backed question, or suggestion, is that all peoples who walk around naked or bottomless should do what Douglas Adams said and carry a towel. No one wants to sit in your buttprint, and I don't care how clean you are, it's still a squick.

And I hope to dwag that we don't have to pass some sort of aesthetic examination before we dress or undress.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:28 am

I think the ring slightly restricts the flow of blood and causes swelling (which is enlargement). It can also be considered erotic adornment too. There were all types of people that were nude this year and the question of "hot young guys" going nude. At various events there were younger guys, but I think there may have been a shyness due to the erection fear. Also, younger people tend to see nudity a little different than the older people. At the gym where I work out, the younger people tend to change under a towel or where they can't be see naked. This may all be an edtorial on our society where the younger crowd is much more modest than the older people.

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 am

Are you saying hot young guys are probably uptight and insecure?

:lol:

fishy
It all depends on what she looks like. Plus the fact men don't hoover.

TomServo
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:47 am

I'm naked inside my footie pajamas. So how many of these old naked men are wearing fanny packs? Deep down, I think they consider themselves hot..age is a curse. I just wish soo many didn't try so hard to defy it. And the young HOT men, they're just chicken shit.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Gearrob

Post by Gearrob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:52 am

goathead wrote:Are you saying hot young guys are probably uptight and insecure?
I think it's true that young guys who go nude are going to be doing it in an atmosphere that is all about how sexualy atractive they are. Whereas older guys (and women)can be more motivaed by comfort and self acceptance.
Happiness or misery is a choice that's always available to us.

VeganChoirGirl

naked guys

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 am

The hot naked guys are hanging out on the 9 o'clock side. We camped at 8:30 and F and I seemed to see a constant stream of conventionally attractive males. I think it might be that we were so close to comfort and joy, only a block away at 8:30 and E.
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Re: naked guys

Post by unjonharley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:36 am

VeganChoirGirl wrote:The hot naked guys are hanging out on the 9 o'clock side. We camped at 8:30 and F and I seemed to see a constant stream of conventionally attractive males. I think it might be that we were so close to comfort and joy, only a block away at 8:30 and E.
The guy @ 830 & F was The Naked Machanic.. He has been A burner for years..

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:43 pm

My question is, why is it always the OLD men that go naked? I saw hundreds of them wandering naked (and alone) this year.
My question is, why does it fucking matter?

Ageism, racism, homophobia, fat-negative, [insert your bias here]... isn't this what everyone claims to be trying to get away from when heading out to that little desert camping trip?

SageV

Post by SageV » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:06 pm

brcprincess wrote:My question is, why is it always the OLD men that go naked? I saw hundreds of them wandering naked (and alone) this year.
Though I wouldn't show my shrivelled ancient ass on the playa (it's not neighborly to burn out the backs of people's retinas with that kind of ugly), there's a difference between folks who were around in the sixties and the people who were born in the 80's and 90's and are coming to Burning Man and making it their own now. In my opinion, the "let it be" counter-culture generation that goes to Burning Man is still a lot more comfortable with nudism than younger folk are today.

Just because you get old doesn't mean you outgrow your viewpoint, we're all like peter pan, just ancient and fat.

klondike_bar

Post by klondike_bar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:22 pm

my two reasons for not going around in the buff (besides some "overcomable" uneasiness) were the fears of getting the dust in my junk and the fear of walking around at "full-mast".

dr.placebo
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:28 pm

I find it interesting that full nudity on the playa appears to be skewed towards the older ages. I was in the Critical Dicks march this year (3rd time) and noticed that the age distribution was a bit older than the playa average (I'm 59). On the other hand, there were quite a few bodies that appeared to be below 40, so it's not only for ancient hippies.

With my camp and neighbors it was also the over 40 that tended to be naked. This might not be entirely correct, but there appears to be more body acceptance with age. I don't know if this is because of the aging or because of the formative times we went through. Personally I've been working on being more relaxed around nudity for years, and it appears to be paying off.

As for carrying a towel, I agree if there is some intent to sit down. Otherwise who cares?

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:38 pm

It's not (necessarily) a beauty contest.

Although there was one lady at a neighboring camp that got my attention every time she walked to the portapotties. :)

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:59 pm

dr.placebo wrote: As for carrying a towel, I agree if there is some intent to sit down. Otherwise who cares?
Well, yeah. I just saw a few too many naked asses on public bar stools, so I'm considering that as a crusade next year.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 pm

If you don't like what's been on the seat before you arrive then just stand up.

Cheez.

brcprincess

Post by brcprincess » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 am

brcprincess wrote:My question is, why is it always the OLD men that go naked? I saw hundreds of them wandering naked (and alone) this year.
:roll: Lighten up people, it's a lighthearted observation, not a judgment!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 am

Isotopia wrote:If you don't like what's been on the seat before you arrive then just stand up.
Um, yeah. I'll try but the results could be ugly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
Isotopia wrote:If you don't like what's been on the seat before you arrive then just stand up.
Um, yeah. I'll try but the results could be ugly.
I suppose laughing would be in poor taste, then?

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:49 am

brcprincess wrote:
People get old. That you can't change.

geospyder

Post by geospyder » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
brcprincess wrote:
People get old. That you can't change.
We may get OLD (guess 66 is considered OLD) but we can refuse to grow up. This was my virgin year and I did get naked. I just had to see if I had the nerve to do it. I chickened out somewhat in the respect that I did it at night. A couple of the ladies from our camp were with me and gave me spankings on the way back to camp. Now it's a "been there done that" thing and next year I won't scare anyone by going naked.
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 pm

brcprincess wrote:
When people say that, they usually mean over 17.

On average, most people are over 17.
Surprize!

Nitevenus

Post by Nitevenus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:57 pm

LMAO, Fishy and AntiM, you two always make my eplaya day!! Priceless responses....

duckyboy1975

Post by duckyboy1975 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 am

I saw some naked old dude doing exercise ball workouts over on the 9 o' clock side last time. There is good naked and bad naked, my friends.

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:30 pm

duckyboy1975 wrote:I saw some naked old dude doing exercise ball workouts over on the 9 o' clock side last time. There is good naked and bad naked, my friends.
It's always that same obese hairy guy at the waterpark sporting a Speedo :roll:

pandasex

Post by pandasex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:48 pm

:lol:
I have post playa depression :(

skygnome777

Post by skygnome777 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Some things that amused me about nudity at Burning Man I observed my virgin year.

Nudity at burning man really isn't a statement like it is at festivals in colder regions. It seems, in that heat, it's more of a statement going around covered up!
I didn't go naked because I don't want some employer finding a nude picture of me online and making assumptions. But in my camp I was comfortable changing outside my tent. (Inside my tent it was way too hot for clothes!)
But I imagine barring the potential for photos, and a genital sunburn, I would have been pretty comfortable.

I also noticed that very quickly I stopped noticing unattractive naked people. But I continued to notice the attractive ones! ;-)

The taboo against nudity always seemed pretty random to me. But when in defaultia, do as the defaulters do.
Peace, love, intellectual stimulation, and good times!

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 pm

skygnome777 wrote:Some things that amused me about nudity at Burning Man I observed my virgin year.

Nudity at burning man really isn't a statement like it is at festivals in colder regions. It seems, in that heat, it's more of a statement going around covered up!
I didn't go naked because I don't want some employer finding a nude picture of me online and making assumptions. But in my camp I was comfortable changing outside my tent. (Inside my tent it was way too hot for clothes!)
But I imagine barring the potential for photos, and a genital sunburn, I would have been pretty comfortable.

I also noticed that very quickly I stopped noticing unattractive naked people. But I continued to notice the attractive ones! ;-)

The taboo against nudity always seemed pretty random to me. But when in defaultia, do as the defaulters do.
So you have employers who would admit looking at nude webhouses AND willing to admit they recognize you naked?!

skygnome777

Post by skygnome777 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Very fair point. :-)
But these days it's fairly common practice for employers to look you up online. I guess that's what playa names are for.
Peace, love, intellectual stimulation, and good times!

Return to “Stories”