The "thank you" thread

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
pandasex

The "thank you" thread

Post by pandasex » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:37 pm

I would like to thank camp spektacular you guys tried to help my husband and i find the PAC gave us fruit and chairs to chill in. You guys rocked and i will look the next BM i attend for a special gift to give you guys :)

Bat Country it was so f ing cool to meet you guys after talking for months

The playa (u have changed me once more).

My neighbors lef and shana if u see this drop me a line....u two were lifesavers indeed.

my other neighbor Toby from SF for helping me with tape and being all around cool.........
I have post playa depression :(

Bad-Budhist

Post by Bad-Budhist » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Thank you Astral Headwash and specifically nice young man for making my hair clean. Thank you Burning Feet camp and a nice doctor for making my feet feel like new. Thank you the camp which name I can;t remember for giving clothes to everyone including me when I run out of clean dresser. Thank you to Black Rock City Dinner for the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you for Cats! Cats! Cats! for letting me convert people into Ceiling Cat religion. Thank you 2 amazing tea makers at the Never Sleep Yurt on the playa. Thank you my camp mates for amazing times. Thank you my friends at the old camp. Thank you Slava for amazing show
Peace in every step

trenton

Post by trenton » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 am

I would like to thank the people of Billionaire Boys Club, DPW, Your help made our lives much easier. The crane and the forklift and the bobcat with the earth ancor attachment You guys rock!!! Also to the group of ten or so from 5:30 and L I believe, You could not have stoped by at a better time. Hats off to you all, Spanky's Wine Bar was a great sucsess thanks to you. Cheers!!!!!

Turnip

Post by Turnip » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you "Jack" from lamplighters village, serving Bloody Marys!

Not only were your guys' Bloody Marys AMAZING (I drank 3!) but you being specifically nice to me helped to rip me out of my shell. =]
I'm sorry I wasn't able to do much more but grin inanely at your nice gesture, but I'm bone cripplingly shy. =[
Afterwards, I somehow felt more confident and comfortable knowing there were people capable of being nice to me. (Hah.)

When I came back to thank you, it wasn't just for the Bloody or letting me sorta cut in line, but because, like I said, you helped me out of my shell.

Thank you!
God Please, don't make me make myself look like a moron...

Mosin
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Mosin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks to the Lil' Crack Whores for their awesome block party. The dude rocking the 9 inch stilettos serving Wonder Bread and Cheese Whiz finger sandwiches, your efforts will live on in the hearts and minds!!

Thanks to Johnny On the Spot. You are my savior.

Thanks to all the burners that gifted us amazing things (from huge smiles and epic hugs to killer bling) while we did our ice cream cart run... your love and creativity and generosity blow our minds and fill our hearts. <sniffle> Don't go changin'!!

Thanks to the DPW. Y'all can be a salty bunch at times but god damn... mad RESPEK!!!

Big thanks to Will and those involved with JRS! Essential info and a year 'round link to Home... priceless.

Thanks to the sweet guys at Pickled Egg Camp who allowed us to wait in their shade for the Messiah (Johnny on the Spot, thanked above) and gave us a great opportunity to fill out the census. It was great chatting with you and learning some of the mysteries of the pickled egg. A+ !!!

To the artist who created The Key... your piece floored us with its meaning and the intense creativity and effort it represents. It is perhaps the most powerful statement I have ever encountered regarding the potential(s) of human evolution/progress, and the location of the solutions we seek. Tremendous!

And thank YOU, Burner, for your love, wit, style, jokes, sarcasm, vibes, hugs, jeers, efforts, awe, laughs, intensity... "I love you much too much" :D
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks to the Hotel Bar (the name started with an A, sounded Indian, can't remember it) on 7:30 and B. The amount of organization that went into putting that together boggles the mind. We had a great time.

Thanks to the sluts at Slutgarden for the awesome new threads, the kickin' parties, and the girl who was ALWAYS out front with the megaphone. You guys were awesome neighbors.

Thanks to Lego camp for building giant Legos. That's just brilliant.

Thanks to Salon Soleil for the great healing fair on Friday, and a special thanks to the guys walking back in forth across the huge line misting everyone. Don't know if I would have made it through the hour wait if they hadn't been there.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:46 am

JezebelinHell wrote:Thanks to the Hotel Bar (the name started with an A, sounded Indian, can't remember it) on 7:30 and B. The amount of organization that went into putting that together boggles the mind. We had a great time.
Ashram galactica?

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 am

I'd like to thank camp "It still Hurts" (I think that's right, with the jellyfish and guy peeing on the sting). Friday evening they had a nice bar and great snacks out. A group of us found their nice chill area with cool fuzzy chairs, drinks and great things to munch on. A guy in tight shorts and platform shoes called us over and we had a great time chilling and meeting people. It's little things like that, which make the event for me. They didn't do anything extravagant but they did their little party very well and helped me and and sure many other people have a great evening. Thanks guys.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:59 pm

MikeVDS' post reminds me of how great Fuckin Eh Gourmet Camp was.

Thanks for pulling us out of the tent where we were hanging, too lazy to find some decent shade and feeding us!

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Hmm. Maybe the camp was "It still stings".
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Artemis wrote:
JezebelinHell wrote:Thanks to the Hotel Bar (the name started with an A, sounded Indian, can't remember it) on 7:30 and B. The amount of organization that went into putting that together boggles the mind. We had a great time.
Ashram galactica?
Algonquin?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Ashram galactica?
Algonquin?
Andalucian?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
Artemis wrote: Ashram galactica?
Algonquin?
Andalucian?
That's Arabic loaned to Spanish.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

sattelite5812

Post by sattelite5812 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Thank you to the woman who gifted me a fimo necklace during my greeters shift. I'm still wearing it :)

Thank you to the group at the edge of Ghetto Camp that was serving extra-spicy Bloody Marys Sunday morning. You really hit the spot!

Thank you to Mango for joining me and my friend in a game of glow-frisbee late Sunday night, and thank you to everyone who was sharing the warming glow of the fire at Center Camp late Sunday/early Monday; the atmosphere there was a perfect "afterglow" wind-down before taking a nap & packing up :)
----------------------------------------------------------
It's the ones who've cracked that the light shines through

Elorrum
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 am

Thank you to Fix and Bounce who gave me a big smile and hello every time I made my way past their camp to the JOTS. On tuesday morning I was coming back to my camp and had a default world conversation going on in my head, Fix saw me and said that I'd had a smile on my face 50 yards back (when I saw something oh so wonderful ride by on a bike I think) that he could see coming down the road. The smile came before the default thoughts, and his comment snapped be right back into Burning Man and I got my smile back.

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Thank You Everyone... I was just sitting here daydreaming about HOW MUCH FUN I HAD THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! THat daytime club at 10 & B rocked the PLAya! Does anyone have pic's or know the name of the place? Someone said Do Lab & some other camps had hooked up to make that camp... THanks for the dances and the watermelon the sprinklers were perfect!
Thanks for all the thoughts running in my HEAD...

Love Ya All
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

SpacemanSpliff

Post by SpacemanSpliff » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Thank you to Surly Camp for the jump from their art car (and the "talking shit is our art" sticker), to the Alchemist from Bacon without Borders for the bbq and spicy thai flavored bacon (mindblowing, I tell you, this guy's an evil genius), to the extra couple of people we grabbed in the temple to have 7 people for a group om, to Abraxas the Dragamuffin for the spare gas to keep our genny and music going through the sunrise, to Beats Antique for playing our camp's party, to the medics for the best paella I've had since Spain, and to the whole Skinny Kitty crew. You guys are family, there's no way I'd ever camp with anyone else.
"No, dude, I'm not going to kiss the cat. You people are sick. I'm outta here."

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Thank you Maxim Magazine for turning me onto Burning Man :D
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

mojo

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Thank you to the placement team - they are rockstars!!!!!
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

Bounce530
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Post by Bounce530 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Elorrum wrote:Thank you to Fix and Bounce who gave me a big smile and hello every time I made my way past their camp to the JOTS. On tuesday morning I was coming back to my camp and had a default world conversation going on in my head, Fix saw me and said that I'd had a smile on my face 50 yards back (when I saw something oh so wonderful ride by on a bike I think) that he could see coming down the road. The smile came before the default thoughts, and his comment snapped be right back into Burning Man and I got my smile back.
Aww, Thats so nice of you to say!! Glad we could be a part of your trip to the playa! (((big smiles and waves)))
What other people think about you is none of your business.

Elorrum
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Yes, that's my card!!! did you guess? I'm glad your's got postmarked.

octoboi

Too many thank you's for a single simple note

Post by octoboi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Who to thank? Well, let's start with the macro and work our way to the micro.

To those who thought of Burning Man, who put it together each year, to those who allow it to be held, and to the thousands of people whom I didn't meet personally but who managed to create an overall event that was truly mind blowing and life changing for me and hopefully many others.

To those in the theme camp I joined (Darwin Lounge) on Chaos and 4:30 for having us, for the fun we all had together, for the interesting foods and the uniquely named drinks, and for putting up with our oddness.

To the wonderful man who ran the L'Homme Flambe (I forget if these words were reversed), the French Restaurant camp, I have no words that will fully explain the enjoyment we had. Your camp, the presentation, and the time we had while in your company was beyond amazing and for that I thank you. I hope to see you next year as well, even if only to thank you personally for your hospitality.

To those in the art cars who had us as guests, thank you. To the numerous people who engaged us in wonderful mind blowing conversations, thank you. To our neighbors, the Mystikal Misfits, Decadent Oasis, and the amazing Dr. Carls, you are all wonderful neighbors and fantastic people.

Those who provided us food, thank you. Here are some of the foods that stood out to me, and I am very sorry that I didn't get specific names of people or camps involved, as I was overwhelmed and sometimes in an otherworldly mindset. Those on Chaos and near 4:30 who provided the wonderful Japanese soup each evening, you guys were awesome. I loved hearing the Conch horn each evening, the soup was great, and everyone was super nice. Further down Chaos (if I recall) were the Grilled Cheese Experience people, and that was just amazing. Wonderful food, great people. The Norse camp (I cannot remember the name, but I think that they had a big word with a "V" on it painted on the side of their tent or vehicle), thank you for breakfast one morning. My partner and I were wandering by your area and saw that you were providing these unique little bread spheres with meat and fruit in them. One of the best foods I have ever had, especially that morning on the playa. To the man who handed us the snow cone cups filled with fried mashed potatoes, wow, what an amazing idea and they hit the spot at that very moment as we headed towards center camp. And finally, to the Canadian camp who was serving midnight poutine, your pre-poutine fryer party was amazing. The deep fried snickers and oreos were great, and my partner loved the deep fried onion and the deep fried sardine. You guys were great and had we not been scheduled elsewhere and then lost in time as the rocket blasted, we would have joined you that evening for the poutine as well. And finally, while only partially on the food front, I want to thank the guy who offered me the spicy alcohol drink one morning as I was checking out the music theme camps. It was spicy and rather awesome.

A personal thank you to the two "Kissing Cousins" who joined us for the French restaurant experience on, well I think it was Thursday evening. My partner found both of them, brought them to join us as we had originally supposed to have 4 people for the experience but 2 backed out at the last minute. We couldn't have been luckier that the two originals backed out, as our two replacements were beyond perfect for the event. They both seemed to know French fluently (what are the odds), played along with the event fully, laughed and joked with us, shared stories, and generally became one of the funnest experiences we had while there. I know only that the woman was part of the Neverwas camp and that she had a statement she used several times that stuck with us and still makes us laugh (in a good way), and that was when she called us "Playa Virgins", it was fun and hilarious and absolutely amazing. I wish that I could remember her name and her "cousins" name, as both were amazing and fun to be with. Hopefully we see them in 2010, as we'd love to invite the two of them for dinner at our camp to show our appreciation.

There are countless others to thank, but regretfully I cannot fathom all of them at the moment. I came back from Burning Man a changed person, and the event itself as well as those individuals I met along the way (named and unnamed) helped to make that change happen. There is no way I can ever fully thank everyone, but know that from the deepest part of my soul, you are all thanked.

Dan

fbcota

Post by fbcota » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Thank you to everyone who made my face hurt from smiling.

Thank you to the Artery for making the art process as easy as possible.

Thank you to the greeter who let 1 of our builders in a day early.

Thank you to the Gothic Rocketship crew for helping in a desperate time of need.

Thank you to Lena fom Russia, your compliments and enjoyment of the art made the whole week (or 2).

Thank you to DPW for your inside information ;)

Thank you to everyone, who was themselves, and made BM fucking amazing for another year.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 pm

thank you e-playans for everything you have done and may yet do, 2009 was "interesting"...

2010 should be "nice".

thanks for making burning man "happen" 24/7 365.

how's that for oblique.
Frida Be You & Me

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks for whatever, everyone.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 pm

thats the spirit.
Frida Be You & Me

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am

I want to thank camp Lazy Fucks for having me. It was a good camp and I will go back next year. I especially want to thank Tommy, Adam, Tucker and, of course, Blu. I also want to thank the Booby Bar for the good times and the rock music that was played. Will be looking forward to "signing" the book.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

Return to “Stories”