Anyone else fooled by false-front JOTS?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
sattelite5812

Anyone else fooled by false-front JOTS?

Post by sattelite5812 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 am

I held this silent until I got home, so as not to ruin the punchline for anyone else encountering it, but did anyone else fall for the deep playa porta john joke? At first I was infuriated, because I really had to piss, but then I read the sign on the post, and I had to appreciate a good joke - even if it was on me!

Also on the subject, who else loved the guerrilla remodel of one of the JOTS near Center Camp, including luxury reading material, candelabra, chandelier, hanging art & mirrors, and a radio piping music while you make your deposit! Whomever masterminded this deserves major props and a huge, heartfelt playa hug!
----------------------------------------------------------
It's the ones who've cracked that the light shines through

marcgorcey

Post by marcgorcey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 am

Yes, 3 of us... not pleasant... it cut short our deep-playa visit and we had to make a b-line to the real JOTS

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 am

we reeled in the guy who did this one night when we were fishing. He told us all about his fake JOTS and showed us video of some girl who was REALLY disappointed that they were fake. I told him that I had thought about doing this for years but never did anything about it. I thought it was fucking awesome! I love BM pranksters! :twisted:

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:30 am

I didn't see them, but saw photos. brilliant. Of course, I don't really expect to be able to rid my body of it's waste pretty much anywere on playa, besides my carport.

Maybe next year I'll get the code.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Timezone LaFontaine
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by Timezone LaFontaine » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 am

They got me on the way back in from deep playa late at night. Since I was approaching them from behind, I should have noticed, but I think I was focused on fiddling with my bike. I went around and tried one door... that's odd. Tried the next door... "Good one... fuckers!!!" I thought it was hilarious, since I didn't have to go too urgently, had a good laugh and could see the real ones near the temple from there.

Return to “Stories”