Hostility?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 am

worst. rule. ever.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:43 am

I think they are worried if you're too sloshed you won't be able to defend yourself, or slam yourself into the dome or something, and might *really* get hurt. Or not realize that you've been hurt. Or be too belligerant to stop.

Eric wrote:my first year we were on the outer wheel of center camp, and the people in the inner wheel behind us had the most certifiable nut job woman with them that I've ever seen...
Considering the location - you really think it was that strange? Sounds like a typical day in center camp...

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:09 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:I think they are worried ...
ROTFLMAO

Yeah, that's a good one!

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 am

Token wrote:
Bay Bridge Sue wrote:I think they are worried ...
ROTFLMAO

Yeah, that's a good one!
I KNEW someone would pick up on that.

What took you so long?? ROFL

moonrise

@ thecryptofishist

Post by moonrise » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 pm

what are "big burns" do you mean the buring of the man? and the temple? or other big burning things? I like fire and can do some spontaneous fire shows myself...i am curious for sure!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: @ thecryptofishist

Post by Eric » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

moonrise wrote:what are "big burns" do you mean the buring of the man? and the temple? or other big burning things? I like fire and can do some spontaneous fire shows myself...i am curious for sure!
The "Big Burns" usually means the Man, the Temple and any large art burns that are planned.

Read up on fire in BRC- it's a city made of wood & canvas, and is very flammable. The Bmorg has a list of guidelines on how camps can use fire:
Here are the safety rules for art installations, I believe the camp rules are in the Survival Guide.

Your fire tricks sound great- just make sure they're done safely!
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

moonrise

@eric

Post by moonrise » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am

thanks man...i'll read the fire safety guidelines....i'm small potatoes but yea, i'll keep it safe and just do some here n there waaaay out of the way of the city or anything like art installations....i hope there are some camp fires out on the distant playa. also, a bar that wants to learn some cool flambe effects and has an extinguisher on hand would be stoked if i show up and do some small stuff....if they want to go bigger i hope it can be arranged with the fire dept crew...if not i can keep it very small and gentle...a foot or two would dazzle people and not even be much more spark producing than poking a fire with a poker. but mine will be multi colored! and edible NOT nasty toxic chemical crap.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 am

I beat the shit out of my own bar, after discovering that my absinthe had been stolen. Other than that? No... thought I may have broken a few bones in my hand, but it turned out ok.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 am

moonrise wrote:what are "big burns" do you mean the buring of the man? and the temple? or other big burning things? I like fire and can do some spontaneous fire shows myself...i am curious for sure!
Most importantly, I mean burns where there is a crowd of people just standing there for hours while preparations are made.

It's like a tooth extraction, but without nitrous.

Yes, I do know that if I put my mind to it, I could get nitrous.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

PugRay

Post by PugRay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:54 pm

theCryptofishist wrote: It's like a tooth extraction, but without nitrous.

Oh hell yeah.. I was wondering if I could get dental work done while on the playa.. sounds like it might hurt a little that way though.. can I go with the anesthesia? I'm pussy when it comes to tooth nerve pain.

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 pm

TomServo wrote:I beat the shit out of my own bar, after discovering that my absinthe had been stolen. Other than that? No... thought I may have broken a few bones in my hand, but it turned out ok.
don't I remember that?........dang...
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 pm

ygmir wrote:
TomServo wrote:I beat the shit out of my own bar, after discovering that my absinthe had been stolen. Other than that? No... thought I may have broken a few bones in my hand, but it turned out ok.
You missed it by 10 minutes. that was the straw! Went to Spikes afterwards, and was gone in the morning.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:49 pm

TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:
You missed it by 10 minutes. that was the straw! Went to Spikes afterwards, and was gone in the morning.
ok, that's why I'm blank on the actual incident........I just remember your anger.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote: don't I remember that?........dang...
ok, that's why I'm blank on the actual incident........I just remember your anger.
I'm a bartender, by default....but still have an obligation. I promised absinthe, and some asshole went into my tent and stole it. I apologize again ygmir.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 pm

please, don't appologize, or, feel the need........the gift of the thought, and, the gift of meeting you in person, were wonderful......

It's just that I'm such a frail, and timid man.......seeing you get upset like that really stuck in my memory.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Frail and timid? You're taller than I am, and I'm 6'1"

Risky

Post by Risky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 pm

It will be interesting to find you this year, Tom, since I have no idea what you look like.

talito

Post by talito » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 am

shit, some crazy stories on here. this will be my 5th year and i dont remember anything remotely violent.
ok, maybe that anal fisting on the playa could be interpreted as aggressive, but im telling you he was being real gentle about it.

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 am

talito wrote:shit, some crazy stories on here. this will be my 5th year and i dont remember anything remotely violent.
ok, maybe that anal fisting on the playa could be interpreted as aggressive, but im telling you he was being real gentle about it.
Well, I tried to be as gentle as possible under the circumstances. By the way, did you ever find my watch? :shock:

Dz

Post by Dz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 am

Shambala wrote:
talito wrote:shit, some crazy stories on here. this will be my 5th year and i dont remember anything remotely violent.
Well, I tried to be as gentle as possible under the circumstances. By the way, did you ever find my watch? :shock:
:lol:

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:32 am

No but he burped up a ring ...

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

I did that fisting thing once with a young, doorbell ringing Mormon and his buddy.

Pulled out a copy of The Book of Mormon from the younger one's butt and got to keep both pair of underwear.

Brooks_DallasTX

Post by Brooks_DallasTX » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 pm

PugRay wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: It's like a tooth extraction, but without nitrous.

Oh hell yeah.. I was wondering if I could get dental work done while on the playa.. sounds like it might hurt a little that way though.. can I go with the anesthesia? I'm pussy when it comes to tooth nerve pain.
As a matter of fact, I'm planning to gift dental work this year. Won't have anesthesia and sterilization will be challenging. Oh, and I'm not a dentist but I've seen it done.
Normal is boring.

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 pm

That's new.

Return to “Stories”