Common sense seems to be lacking for new burners

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:16 pm

This was the first year I have ever had people coming up to me on the open playa asking if I had any extra water I could give them. If they had bothered to even be carrying a cup, I would have happily squeezed some out of my camelback for them.

One couple in particular was pretty sunburnt, wearing a minimal amount of clothing, flip flops and all they were carrying was a camera.

One of my camp mates actually had a guy walk up and start drinking from his camelback nozzle. Not even a "hi there" before he started.

MistressSybs

Post by MistressSybs » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 pm

FireShaman wrote:We had several people come up to our camp while we were cooking and ask for food because they had 'run out'. This was on thu or fri. We were right behind center camp at 6/D, so we had a fair amount of foot traffic walking by, but still....
We overplanned LOL... we drove out with a full tank of gas and 10 more gallons to go... 10 gallons of spare water (brought 100 gal for 4 people for 7 days) and two boxes of groceries... we missed the wadsworth recycling somehow so I wound up gifting it to a Circus Circus KOA maid who looked pretty happy to get it so - all's well that ends well... LOL
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm a 9 timer.. This year had trouble with not having a "place" for ever thing.. Things got all messed/mixed up.. Spent a bunch of my fun time rearranging camp so it was liveable again.. Also was way over the axel rate weight of the trailer.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 pm

CapSmashy wrote:One of my camp mates actually had a guy walk up and start drinking from his camelback nozzle. Not even a "hi there" before he started.
Why does this put me in mind of a young porcine coming home to the sty and gulping on the teat without even kissing his mom?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:12 pm

what would farmer Hogget say?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “Stories”