top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Bounce530
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Post by Bounce530 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm

:oops:
What other people think about you is none of your business.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:24 pm

The Chinese wrote:
Hey AntiM-

Those stanchions appeared at our camp, Transmorphagon, and we were, as you said, Puzzled by where they came from. Glad you go them back. We were about to pack them up, when peeps came by and recalimed them... I had some doubts, but I'm glad you poasted this, so I know they got home safe.

Best,

Chino
Thanks, I guess they would have had a new or temporary home had our neighbor not spotted them. Did you pick one up? Those suckers are heavy, too heavy for shipping. I was quite happy we got them back.

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Never give somebody high on mushrooms a megaphone. Never. Ever.

While I know what you're trying to say...there are times when the shrooms could make the difference between dull and AMAZING. ...maybe ;)
blow.

flatlander13

Post by flatlander13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:57 pm

This is the loudest and longest complaining I’ve heard about idiots at any burn…….I didn’t go, so was it really that bad?
How do I get a hold of you?

You just contact the mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock.

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:10 pm

^

i didn't go either so i tend to think the same....
there must be a influx here on eplaya just like the real playa.
new users venting n shtuff?
blow.

Da Mule

Post by Da Mule » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:18 pm

flatlander13 wrote:This is the loudest and longest complaining I’ve heard about idiots at any burn…….I didn’t go, so was it really that bad?
BEST BURN!!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:48 pm

flatlander13 wrote:This is the loudest and longest complaining I’ve heard about idiots at any burn…….I didn’t go, so was it really that bad?
this is a thread specifically to vent about idiots, of course there's a lot of complaining about idiots in it.

Was it "that bad"- for me? Fuck no.

Best. Burn. Ever.

Doesn't mean I didn't run into a shit-ton of idiots, doesn't mean nothing "bad" happened- hell, it's the first year I ever lost my temper on playa. None of this (or that) detracts from it being a fucking great year for me.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

efng

Post by efng » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Maybe it was the stars in my eyes and the perma-grin plastered across my dusty face, but I was having WAY to much of a mindblowing good time to even notice any douche-isms happening around me. Never even noticed a one, or maybe it's because I didn't really care to even let those thoughts invade my brain? I dunno.
It always surprises me what people will go so far to find out there, what people will dwell on. a camp mate upon reading the inital post summed it up wonderfully:

"Ah my favorite post Burning Man pastime, reflecting on all the most negative and unpleasant experiences I can"

One of the things I love about playa is the only things you find out there are what you bring with you.

kman

Post by kman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm

devilgrrl wrote:
jobi wrote:I'd like to give a nod to the person that hid little gadgets that played "Happy Birthday" on a nonstop loop in the potties around 7:30. Annoyed the shit out of me and made me laugh at the same time. I had no idea it took me that long to poop until I heard that song about 30 times.
Totally!
Amen. Those were awesome... and well-concealed!

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 pm

11 Years...

Worst year when it came to neighbors...

This year I noticed the porta potties on our block were full of baby wipes, tampoons and cans...

Our flag was stolen. Someone (I think the camp who camped behind us) rode their bike down the side of my boyfriends car. I had seen them fly by all week between parked cars and on the day we left I saw that they had in fact scraped the crap out of the car and also dented it. They also RAN over our stuff and I caught them on two occasions moving our belongings so they could move their cars around.

Other neighbor, walks into our shade structure and through it during the end of the week without a hello. They came on Thursday and were parked in a location that had poor road access. I would have understood the reason for this except that they would walk clear through our tiny shade structure with a dripping pee funnel, and would not say a damn thing.

STANDING next to my bike but not on it, someone tried to steal it and my boyfriend snatched them by the back of their shirt and the guy says "OH, SORRY DUDE."

The last Burning Man was definitely the penultimate of douche baggery hosting a panoply of jack asses.

I think this is the first year that I encountered a serious population shift.

New burners abound and need an orientation.

A quiz to buy tickets...

OR a population cap..

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Oh? I thought somebody had an ice cream truck for an art car!

fucktards at BM2010? Thinking,,,,, anybody piss me off? nope. Thinking,,,,, anybody hurt me or anyone in my camp? nope. Thinking,,,,, I remember so much cool shit and wonderful interactions, and whatever negativity there, it was completely overwhelmed by fun, grateful, generous, sensitive, seductive, sensual, beautiful, crazy loving people!

We've struggled more with defaultia post burn than anything the past two weeks threw at us.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

mars

Post by mars » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:52 pm

DoriumLux wrote:11 Years...

Become a Greeter. Then you can do your own personal orientation with hundreds of people. That's what I do.
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 pm

mars wrote:

Become a Greeter. Then you can do your own personal orientation with hundreds of people. That's what I do.
No, I already work gate. AND by the time they get to greeters and gate, if they are unprepared or have some fucked up idea of BM...Well, I don't think a two minute spew is going to change things one bit.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Trishntek wrote:Oh? I thought somebody had an ice cream truck for an art car!

fucktards at BM2010? Thinking,,,,, anybody piss me off? nope. Thinking,,,,, anybody hurt me or anyone in my camp? nope. Thinking,,,,, I remember so much cool shit and wonderful interactions, and whatever negativity there, it was completely overwhelmed by fun, grateful, generous, sensitive, seductive, sensual, beautiful, crazy loving people!

We've struggled more with defaultia post burn than anything the past two weeks threw at us.
Really? I can't say the last time my neighbor ran over my stuff, stole my flag, dented my car, almost stole my bike or walked through my "living room" with a urine device. Especially, in less than a week...

The point is, it is becoming worse than the default world in many aspects.

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 pm

DoriumLux wrote:
mars wrote:

No, I already work gate. AND by the time they get to greeters and gate, if they are unprepared or have some fucked up idea of BM...Well, I don't think a two minute spew is going to change things one bit.
i disagree. I believe that I made a HUGE impact while greeting.

but i do LOVE that word you used...panopoly. is that like a pandemic monopoly?

edited(i googled panopoly) great word. thanks. ;)
blow.

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:53 am

j.bii wrote:it was a very positive and much fulfilling week for my campmates and I, but there is still a small list of fucktards:

All the fucktards around 4:00 and D who REALLY had a problem with out little prank to change all the Detroit signs to Denver, which is where we are from
Wow. We saw something like that happen there. Some family or small group in default world clothes, standing out under the sign, and the guy was pretty damned how-dare-they upset. "I THOUGHT THE STREETS WERE DETROIT! NOW THEY'RE DENVER? WASN'T IT SUPPOSED TO BE DETROIT STREET?! ARE THEY CHANGING ALL THE STREET NAMES ON US NOW?"

I wouldn't have even noticed the sign if it hadn't have been for that gentleman's genuine concern that things weren't the way they were supposed to be.

Judging by the disposition I'm not sure the fellow was aware that Denver and Detroit start with the same letter.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

kiuney

Post by kiuney » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 am

Many of our douche-tard experiences were pee-related...

We have a camp-only porto. The person responsible for the locks forgot them so it was a day or two before an incoming camp member could bring them. A single porto in reserved theme camp space is clearly NOT for public use but people used it anyway. When we caught them, they claimed they didn't know which is highly unlikely.

On Thursday night, I got up in the middle of the night to pee and found some asshole peeing next to our porto. I said "Excuse me? Do you really think it's okay to pee on the playa?" He said, "I was going to use the porto but it's locked." I explained that it's a private porto and that's no excuse not to use the banks that were right down the street from us. He continued to pee and left never apologizing. He must not have been the only one because I found several more "puddles" around the porto in the morning and the same thing happened the next two mornings.

Another time, around 5 p.m. in the evening, a woman in a wedding dress from a camp down the street wandered into our playground, hitched up her dress and peed on the tripod that housed our climbing rope. Unbelievable. My co-leader chased her down and yelled at her. No apology, nothing.

We also had numerous people walk/ride their bikes through our camp which got annoying. We finally put caution tape around the back of it which was possibly worth it to see a guy clothesline himself on a bike. :P

My camp also decided that ALL karaoke should be mobile. Share the love evenly, ya know? :)

Pee-tards aside, it was another fabulous year and we came home with more ideas for the better mousetrap next year.
Deviant Playground
www.deviantplayground.org
"Scarred for Life...Again."

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 1986

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 am

efng wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:Maybe it was the stars in my eyes and the perma-grin plastered across my dusty face, but I was having WAY to much of a mindblowing good time to even notice any douche-isms happening around me. Never even noticed a one, or maybe it's because I didn't really care to even let those thoughts invade my brain? I dunno.
It always surprises me what people will go so far to find out there, what people will dwell on. a camp mate upon reading the inital post summed it up wonderfully:

"Ah my favorite post Burning Man pastime, reflecting on all the most negative and unpleasant experiences I can"

One of the things I love about playa is the only things you find out there are what you bring with you.
Agree 100%. It's funny how through this thread alone you can pick up people's vibes and tell that wow.. I don't think it's the playa that was pissing you off, my friend. Don't blame the gun, blame the owner.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Orchid

Post by Orchid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 am

To whoever took a dump next to my friend's tent, fuck you dude. Seriously. That was a really horrible thing to make someone else take home. :evil:

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 am

Orchid wrote:To whoever took a dump next to my friend's tent, fuck you dude. Seriously. That was a really horrible thing to make someone else take home. :evil:

Cuz we all know: Girls don't poop.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 am

In my usage, dude is not gender specific. A girl next-to-tent-pooper could be a dude.

That REALLY is lame, Orchid.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 am

It's nice to have threads in which to complain--in which to isolate the bitching germ and study it. :lol: I hope no one confuses it with "These people clearly had a terrible burn". It's not an original sentiment, but . . . Best Burn Ever.

Re the potties:
i disagree. I believe that I made a HUGE impact while greeting.
I greeted as well, and told every single person I encountered--briefly, plainly, along with the other information--to use only 1-ply tissue and to prepare in advance to pack out tampons and wipes to avoid literally endangering the event if we can't get sanitation. Telling them kindly to prepare is key; most people don't want to flout the bathroom guidelines at all, it's just that they end up without a baggie & can't face walking back to camp with personal garbage. If just a handful of virgins listened & brought a baggie to the bathrooms in preparation, it affects their behavior on multiple visits to the bathrooms in a week's time, and helps make things better.

While this may have not been everyone's experience, obviously, I saw only one tampon in the biffies this year, and other than the bathrooms at 10 & Esplanade at night (I do not expect miracles) and the ones I didn't even dare visit (Center Camp/Burn area) they were pretty great. I remember full well what the bathrooms were like in 2000 and 2001. They were a horror show.

gerlachedNloaded
Camp Name: ShadeWhores

Post by gerlachedNloaded » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

anyone see the dirty hippy in the hoodie walking backwards down E st between 4:30 and 5 pissing designs into the road... mind you this was at about noon and the street was VERY busy. no shame for some i guess..
I am HORSE

EmilyD
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

Worst year when it came to neighbors...

This year I noticed the porta potties on our block were full of baby wipes, tampoons and cans...

Our flag was stolen. Someone (I think the camp who camped behind us) rode their bike down the side of my boyfriends car. I had seen them fly by all week between parked cars and on the day we left I saw that they had in fact scraped the crap out of the car and also dented it. They also RAN over our stuff and I caught them on two occasions moving our belongings so they could move their cars around.

Other neighbor, walks into our shade structure and through it during the end of the week without a hello. They came on Thursday and were parked in a location that had poor road access. I would have understood the reason for this except that they would walk clear through our tiny shade structure with a dripping pee funnel, and would not say a damn thing.

STANDING next to my bike but not on it, someone tried to steal it and my boyfriend snatched them by the back of their shirt and the guy says "OH, SORRY DUDE."

The last Burning Man was definitely the penultimate of douche baggery hosting a panoply of jack asses.

I think this is the first year that I encountered a serious population shift.

A quiz to buy tickets...

OR a population cap..
Orchid wrote:
To whoever took a dump next to my friend's tent, fuck you dude. Seriously. That was a really horrible thing to make someone else take home.
EGADS Orchid! That's truly disgusting.

How about a ghetto for fools who refuse to read the survival guide and don't exhibit self-reliant behavior? That cage thingie would work but needs to be much larger.

As a freshly Playafied burgin I want to say, just because someone's a newbie doesn't mean they're a shithead. I was often more prepared and self-reliant than my veteran campmates.

Funny moment for me was when our camp host (a 20 year veteran) had no goggles WTF? Lucky for him I had two extra pair (rejects from my fitting experiments). This guy was out filming every day, all day without goggles or a dust mask and he wondered why his eyes burned and he was coughing. DUH!

It may be that some old timers don't feel the need to read the Survival Guide and think they know it all already. It's pretty obvious that new "rules" are added each year as the event grows and changes.

The fact is some people study up and prepare for adventures and others like to wing it. Problems arise when those wingers mooch off the preparers. We organized folks don't like to see anyone suffer but we also don't like to be used. It's a tough position to be put in. I'm sure Aesop wrote a fable about this.
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 am

^
call it Australia?

no offense my lovely Aussies
blow.

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:01 am

My hats off goes to the Fucktard Sparkleponys that woke me up at 4:08 P.M. on Sunday trying to turn on the flame effects on my MV while simutaniously breaking the saddle's mounting bracket by bending it in ways that it was not meant to be bent.
Not only were you endangering everyone's life by turning on valves that you don't know anything about, but one of you left a nasty smegma stain on the saddle of the flamethrower and I couldn't let anyone chance sitting there on sunday nighjt at the temple burn for fear of them catching hepnaids from your smear you left behind.
I am glad I caught your stupid asses when I did before you caught something on fire and I am also glad you left your parasol behind because I rubbed my own dickcheese on the handle before throwing it back at you as you and your group of numbnuts bumbled your way through the rest of Terminal city.

I hope you used the parasol often and rubbed your eyes with the same hand that you use to hold the handle, you E-tarded skankholes..
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I almost hate to describe the actions of one douche bag when there were so many more wonderful people out there...but here goes.

After setting up camp on Friday, my girlfriend and I needed to head back to Empire for some more camp supplies. We asked at the Gate what the procedure for re-entry was and were informed to show our early arrival wristbands and our tickets and to use the far left lane to skip the long line back in. Upon re-entering we stopped and asked the first gate person we saw who was working way down the line about a half-mile from the gate. He reiterated the wrist band and ticket stub instructions and also told us to turn on our emergency flashers and proceed along in the far left lane. A few minutes later we approached a woman about 200 yards from the gate who was shouting obscenities at a departing driver to slow the f*** down. She then approached us and said with a lot of bile: "I need you to do one thing for me....turn around and go to the very end of the line!!" We calmly showed her our wrist bands and tickets, told her that two gate workers informed us of a different procedure just minutes ago. She got more "testy" and was not at all pleased when I proceeded to drive off to the main gate where I stopped, opened the rear of my pickup truck to show that it was empty.

Little Miss douch bag had radioed ahead to the gate claiming I had tried to run her over. Her husband, a ranger, was going to "handle us" but a very nice and sane gate person said he would deal with us instead. I explained what we had been told and that we did not try to run her over but stopped and had a calm conversation with her. The gate person half-apologized for her saying "well, she's like that" but let us go right through.

There is one in every bunch, and in our 12 days on the playa this was the only jerk we met, and we met hundreds of people.

I think this gate worker was either new and didn't know the procedure and/or severely dehydrated.

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 pm

If it is a thick-boned(and headed)brunette girl wearing black and sporting a DPW-esque look, she runs the gate and you got lucky when you supposedly didn't try to run her over.
She doesn't have very many good days is a nice way to desribe her.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeesh. Slept thru Gate/Perimeter orientation. I had one try that a few years ago (kinda short wiry chick, looked a bit spun maybe?)... showed her my staff laminate (works like a wristband), she said she didn't give a shit WHO I was I had to wait in line. I was, um, amazed by her (a) balls, and (b) stupid. Turned out she was the GF of someone working there, virgin year, and full of bullshit entitlement. Also turned out I knew her shift sup, and over shots of Makers we had quite the interesting conversation about major failures in tact and diplomacy....

(evil, aren't I??)

That's what got me this year - The bullshit entitlement people felt - not just birgins, but fucking long time burners as well, blew me out of the water. Even so... it was my best burn ever. No shit.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

So Sue, did you feel entitled to cut the line? Just wondering. :)

Return to “Stories”