top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
crstophr

Post by crstophr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Kenny Z wrote: So, I wonder what happens after you say: "Sir, I do not consent to a search". Does law enforcement just let you go or does that just encourage them to make you their top priority with no leniency?
It will completely depend on the Police person you're dealing with. The honest types will either come up with real probable cause, or move along. The dishonest types may do it anyway, but in so doing may give you cause to have any evidence tossed out and the case dismissed.

The number one, best advice I can give to anyone in this situation is:

Be extremely polite and respectful and otherwise SHUT THE FUCK UP. Every word that comes out of your mouth increases your odds of getting into trouble. Every word is to the cops advantage, not yours. Give polite and very short answers if necessary, assume a non-confrontational attitude and body posture. Never raise your voice. SMILE gently. I've personally turned around confrontational cop encounters by being calm, soft spoken, respectful, and polite.

I have a canned script for this situation.

Me - "I'm sorry but I can't consent to any search."

Cop - "Why not? You got something to hide?"

Me - "No sir. I cannot consent because a few years ago I almost married a woman who is a prosecutor. (true story!) If I consented she would fly down here, on her broomstick, and beat me with it!"

Give the cop a few seconds to process what I just said and he'll either crack up or shake his head. Cops and prosecutors don't typically have great relationships with each-other.

The biggest ass chewing I ever received from this woman was when I was overly chatty with a police officer during a conversation I had when someone stole my motorcycle. I took this lesson to heart!

peacefulhuman

Post by peacefulhuman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Token wrote: I regularly look up girls (ok, and mens too) skirts to examine their underwear. Don't fucking judge me. It's part of my Playa Job.
Wait - I was supposed to be wearing underwear?

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 pm

The wad parked across the sidewalk and out over the bike lane.. It would put the scooter into fast traffic.. Had to back track a block to cross at a light.. Then up the street and cross traffic.. He was there yesterday and last night.. The garage is full of junk.. The driveway has two down cars. One with flat tires the other with it's hood up.. Now I'm the wad for calling parking control.. It don't take em to long if you tell them your disabled..

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 1986

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:PS roll fatties or bring a clean pipe you can toss or gift after the burn.
So you're mooping or handing your problem off to someone else?

What a gentleman!
Fatties don't moop

Sometimes there are people that don't mind taking a gift home. I made something special for the burn, then found someone that wanted it and was willing to risk it to take it home. By tossing it, I mean pack your own trash out but dispose of it in a "safe" way.. (not going to post techniques on a public forum). I never for a second meant to just leave it there unattended or as someone else's trash.

Gentleman 365/24-7 :wink:

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:58 pm

The kid put a large garline of hops scross the stone work in the living room. It has buds all over it.. She put some that drop off into a beaker type flower vase.. Living room looks like a bumper crop of good weed from a distance.. Some you tokers would believe you had died and gone to heaven

CannotWait

Post by CannotWait » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

azad wrote:Most of them actually don't want to bust you, but if you do shit right in front of their faces they have no choice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the funniest thing I've ever read on ePlaya! HAHAHAHA!!!!

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Colonel Monk wrote:
Kenny Z wrote:

So, I wonder what happens after you say: "Sir, I do not consent to a search". Does law enforcement just let you go or does that just encourage them to make you their top priority with no leniency?
Thanks to robrob - that's what I'm talking about.

I don't know what the cops will do, I have never had to use it - but from what I've learned, if you tell them that and they toss your car (or house or tent, for that matter) without probable cause then it will (or can) get thrown out of court.

It is certainly NOT an admission of guilt, it just means you know of his game.

Please, watch the video, repeat the mantra. Don't do their job for them.
I've done this, more than once.

It helps to not be carrying anything.
And it helps to be right.

Being sociable with the police, as conditions permit, works for me.
They're often bored, like the rest of us.

In one case, leaned against my locked car and said I would wait with him for a warrant.
Be polite.
Don't show emotion.

Don't show emotion.

Once in texas I made a minor concession to make the cop feel better.
Texas drug interdiction squad.
Warning tickets in both cases.

One time they searched and then asked permission.
This is typical.
I gave them legal advice, they don't need permission if they have a right to search.
They pretended the search didn't take place.

Current rulings encourage illegal searches.
Complain about this.
Vote and don't support politicians that hate america and our legal protections.

squatch

Thank you

Post by squatch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 pm

[quote="cahlm"]I think the biggest asshole this year was the entire Clown art car. But it was very entertaining. They drove all around talking shit to everyone probobly trying to fuck up the trips of everyone on acid. I sat from a distance and laughed the whole time.[/quote]

Well since the name of the vehicle was the "Creepy Crawler" I will take that as a total compliment!!!!

John Noggin

Post by John Noggin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

The whole point of the post was to give my Douchebag award to the Nevada Highway Patrol for: A) profiling us because we had a Burning Man logo on our van B) Totally not following basic protocol for probable cause C) Sexually Harassing (which was recorded) my friend D) Lying E) Not Reading someone their rights (a total WTF moment) F) Smelling like Bacon

We have all had alot of run ins with the law, my friend has a lawyer, and we all know our basic rights. Thanks for the advice but this was not any of our first times at the Douche Bag cop rodeo. Just wanted to say they were the only douchebag/fucktards I meet during my first BRC visit.

P.S. Enjoy the countersuit NHP!
Born to kill, Live to die. -U.S.S. Vigilante

I'll tolerate your hobbies if you'll tolerate mine. -Guns and Dope Party

squatch

Re: agreed

Post by squatch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

igor47 wrote:
cahlm wrote:I think the biggest asshole this year was the entire Clown art car. But it was very entertaining. They drove all around talking shit to everyone probobly trying to fuck up the trips of everyone on acid. I sat from a distance and laughed the whole time.
seriously. during the dust storm after megapolis exploded, i touched that clown car and was practically assaulted by some dude sitting in the door, who told me "don't you ever fucking touch an art car like that" and that he "ain't no fucking hippy".

karma's a bitch though. i was very pleased to be there to see the car stall out after the temple burn and to see that same asshat trying and failing to get the generator started again.
You must have done something completely fucking stupid for one of us to actually come up to you and say that. Come on, we had many many people come up and touch the car. Only when fucktards came up and slammed things into the side of the car or try to rip a piece off did we react in that manner. Sorry to you if we hurt your feelings (I am weeping inside as I write this), but we worked hard to have an artcar that was art.

Mod Note - Turned your code back on
mdmf

squatch

To the guy weeping cuz I threw him off the Creepy Crawler

Post by squatch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 pm

I have not seen the post, but have heard from many. Your bitching because you were thrown off of an art car. I understand that you were stuck in the middle of the playa without the proper gear. This is your own fault. I had warned you 3 times not to jump onto the bumper of the art car and you decided to ignore me. I pulled your ass of the bumper before you damaged the car or hurt yourself. You even tried to be a sneaky fucker by jumping on the opposite side of the rear bumper away from the door behind Zoltard. Nice try!!!!
I have seen people killed when they decided to jump onto a moving vehicle on the playa. So to save myself and friends a law suite I pulled you off. Next time, come up to the door and ask to get on, it would be a hell of a lot easier way to get a positive response.

And yes this is me being nice :lol: .......Fucktard

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Cheesus, how many cops have ever heard that one?

D- on originality.

John Noggin

Post by John Noggin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Isotopia wrote:
Cheesus, how many cops have ever heard that one?

D- on originality.

Agreed.

Mod Note - turned your code back on
mdmf

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 pm

John Noggin wrote: P.S. Enjoy the countersuit NHP!
Puhleeze. Countersuit my ass. You might as well try and put out a forest fire with a stream of piss for all the good that will do you.

Long story short, vent, then if you really want to get back at the fuckos with a badge, you go after their budget. You help divert public safety grants to other more needy departments. There is a whole virtual arsenal of legal and legit and more importantly low buck things you can do, most from the comfort of your own home to make their lives hell. If you use your brain and not your mouth...it is amazing what you can do.

Case example for ya: With some simple emails you can help a volunteer fire department get public safety grant money to replace a 1950's pumper instead of seeing the state highway patrol get a radar unit upgrade / funding for unnecessary overtime traffic enforcement. It can be done, it has been done, and pretty much every damn day I try and make more of the same happen. So don't get mad. Get even and let the almighty dollar do the work for you! Another suggestion you can do with an email to the Gov's office for starters: Want less NHP on 447? Help lobby to get more troopers on I-15 from Vegas to the NV / CA border where they are sorely needed. The state can move them around...and without an infinite budget they gotta come from somewhere.... And that's just the simple no brainer stuff you can do. There's so much more!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

bauhaus

Post by bauhaus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:38 am

To the bitch inspector.

Yes You

It took all of my will power to let you have your power trip after accusing me of being high "glazed eyes" from grabbing you by the ankles and ripping you from the roof of my van making a spectacular WWF move slamming you face first into the playa.

FUCK YOU.

My passengers had to ask your very nice partner that you stop your stomping around on an irreplaceable 25 year old fiberglass top to not stomp on our fucking yurt.

Your fucking boot tore some weather stripping off our window.

Then we have the 5mph NAZIs, i got yelled at and laser pointed because... Reving up the motor to prevent clutch chatter doesnt mean I'm driving 100mph...

Its either stall right there in a lane, or keep going at 5mph,

FUCK YOU GUYS.

Greeters... I love you.

John Noggin

Post by John Noggin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:43 am

LOL I was just posting that those cops were the only Douche Bags I ran into the entire event.

I'm not the one going to court either, my friend is. He just wants money for Travel, Lawyer, Missed work. I don't think he is trying to shut down NHP.

Like your ideas about fighting the system though.

In general I have alot of respect for police, they have a really shit job. I just don't like assholes, these guys were assholes waiting to pull over some burners and picked us. Total d bags start to finish. Wasted about 8 hours of our lives.

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:04 am

John Noggin wrote:LOL I was just posting that those cops were the only Douche Bags I ran into the entire event.

I'm not the one going to court either, my friend is. He just wants money for Travel, Lawyer, Missed work. I don't think he is trying to shut down NHP.

Like your ideas about fighting the system though.

In general I have alot of respect for police, they have a really shit job. I just don't like assholes, these guys were assholes waiting to pull over some burners and picked us. Total d bags start to finish. Wasted about 8 hours of our lives.
I hear you. Don't mistake the berating that you got here for the after pullover mistakes for the fact that yeah.. it sure sucked to be you and be targeted like that. Eplaya isn't known for it's gentle ball coddling.. more like spreading them wafer thin and having wasps stingginginging them..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:27 am

Listen learned...

Have windex, Pull over first chance, Clean windsheild, lights and lic. plates.

This year I pulled over in a wide spot.. Another burnner stoped with a garden sprayer.. He cleaned my window, all lights (trailer too) and lic.

Hey, thanks again bud

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 am

ya know.......

I'm sure, the cops can be turds.
I'm sure, some are overzealous, or, on a "super-cop power trip"

But,

the other side, is, IMHO:

there are a TON of bad drivers leaving the event.
many "altered", many over tired/burned out.
Poorly secured loads (noting all the shit along 447, and even I80)
unsafe passing, unsafe pull offs/outs.
And, driving unsafe vehicles (read: bad tires, brakes, can't see out the windows, bent trailer tongues, etc, etc)

dang dick head driving taking place, a lot.

One might imagine, the cops have a fair chance, that, many dickwad drivers they pull over are DUI of some sort, or just to tired/burned out.

A strong NHP presence during exodus, may well help keep people driving sanely, maybe thinking twice before driving home "altered", or just to tired.

I don't see the large NHP presence on 447 as a total negative.
Of course, I get a good rest before leaving, don't drive drunk, and, check my rig for safety and load integrity...........

I'd bet, some of the "altered/impared" drivers they pull over, save lives by being off the road.

YMMV
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 am

ygmir wrote:ya know.......

I'm sure, the cops can be turds.
I'm sure, some are overzealous, or, on a "super-cop power trip"

But,

the other side, is, IMHO:

there are a TON of bad drivers leaving the event.
many "altered", many over tired/burned out.
Poorly secured loads (noting all the shit along 447, and even I80)
unsafe passing, unsafe pull offs/outs.
And, driving unsafe vehicles (read: bad tires, brakes, can't see out the windows, bent trailer tongues, etc, etc)

dang dick head driving taking place, a lot.

One might imagine, the cops have a fair chance, that, many dickwad drivers they pull over are DUI of some sort, or just to tired/burned out.

A strong NHP presence during exodus, may well help keep people driving sanely, maybe thinking twice before driving home "altered", or just to tired.

I don't see the large NHP presence on 447 as a total negative.
Of course, I get a good rest before leaving, don't drive drunk, and, check my rig for safety and load integrity...........

I'd bet, some of the "altered/impared" drivers they pull over, save lives by being off the road.

YMMV
Can't forget the dismembered roll over posted here some years back..

A posted trailer roll over and fire this year???

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 am

Random tanget: Tired drivers... I've seen drivers drinking and doing whippets during Exodus. How stupid can you get?

In the pulse this year, the couple in the car next to and slightly behind us was sound asleep. We tried to honk at them, but we had to move. Would heave been dangerous to get out and run back to wake them up. But if the pulse movement didn't wake them, perhaps they needed the nap more than they needed to drive.

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:11 pm

John Noggin wrote:The whole point of the post was to give my Douchebag award to the Nevada Highway Patrol for: A) profiling us because we had a Burning Man logo on our van B) Totally not following basic protocol for probable cause C) Sexually Harassing (which was recorded) my friend D) Lying E) Not Reading someone their rights (a total WTF moment) F) Smelling like Bacon
...but I thought everything smelled like bacon by the end of the week?....am I missing something? :shock:

Uummm we had burning man stuff on our trailer and we didn't seem to be "profiled", in fact I have BM stickers ALL OVER the back window of my daily driver and have never been pulled over nor profiled because of my stickers (speeding on the other hand... :oops:). The obvious cocky attitude doesn't go very far with LEO's in general, methinks cocky attitude is what gets the majority of you LEO whiners busted.

Bob
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Honorable mentions:

- owners of the dusty hippie-painted homemade trailer who dropped it in on Waldo Grade on Route 101, requiring a rolling CHP traffic break to clear it off the lanes early this week.

- owners of the dusty hippie-painted bakery truck that dropped an axle on Franklin Street during the afternoon commute a couple days ago.

Burning Man is over, please fucking go home.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Bob wrote:Honorable mentions:

- owners of the dusty hippie-painted homemade trailer who dropped it in on Waldo Grade on Route 101, requiring a rolling CHP traffic break to clear it off the lanes early this week.

- owners of the dusty hippie-painted bakery truck that dropped an axle on Franklin Street during the afternoon commute a couple days ago.

Burning Man is over, please fucking go home.
you may be asking a lot...........for a couch.

and, they may well have dropped their "home" on the Waldo grade.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:57 pm

LostinReno wrote: Uummm we had burning man stuff on our trailer and we didn't seem to be "profiled", in fact I have BM stickers ALL OVER the back window of my daily driver and have never been pulled over nor profiled because of my stickers (speeding on the other hand... :oops:). The obvious cocky attitude doesn't go very far with LEO's in general, methinks cocky attitude is what gets the majority of you LEO whiners busted.
You'd think that, until you meet a bad cop.

To some, being innocent is a "bad attitude", whatever that means.
Or insisting on your rights.

I've been threatened in front of witnesses, in daylight.
How does that cop behave on a dark street?

Most of my complaints against police are sustained, though often watered down.

I pursue a police complaint the same way I pursue any criminal complaint, and there is no criminal worse than one in uniform.

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:21 pm

gyre wrote: Most of my complaints against police are sustained, though often watered down.
I pursue a police complaint the same way I pursue any criminal complaint, and there is no criminal worse than one in uniform.
I don't doubt you and some of others have a valid complaint (agreed, there are asshole/corrupt cops out there), it just seems that most, not all, but most of the LEO whiners on these boards have some sort of chip on their shoulder and are pissed because they got caught doing something stupid. I guess I'm lucky and have not witnessed the LEO's at BRC use any sort of brute force nor have I witnessed them treat anybody unfairly. Seriously, smoking a bowl in center camp/open playa is just plain stupid. I actually saw that a lot and was amazed I didn't once see police interaction.

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:27 pm

AntiM wrote:
In the pulse this year, the couple in the car next to and slightly behind us was sound asleep. We tried to honk at them, but we had to move. Would heave been dangerous to get out and run back to wake them up. But if the pulse movement didn't wake them, perhaps they needed the nap more than they needed to drive.
Were they in a 78 dodge van?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:37 pm

gyre wrote:
LostinReno wrote: Uummm we had burning man stuff on our trailer and we didn't seem to be "profiled", in fact I have BM stickers ALL OVER the back window of my daily driver and have never been pulled over nor profiled because of my stickers (speeding on the other hand... :oops:). The obvious cocky attitude doesn't go very far with LEO's in general, methinks cocky attitude is what gets the majority of you LEO whiners busted.
You'd think that, until you meet a bad cop.

To some, being innocent is a "bad attitude", whatever that means.
Or insisting on your rights.

I've been threatened in front of witnesses, in daylight.
How does that cop behave on a dark street?

Most of my complaints against police are sustained, though often watered down.

The stats are coming in.. Looks like about 1/2 of 1 per cent got ticketed. And 8 arrests..

Lot of band width thrown around here..

My home town cop didn't care much for a few of us when teens..

Almost all of us have storys about the cop after we grew up..
They got me with stop sign scam while home on leave.. No ticket, streight to the JP and pay the fine now.. Different for my brother.. Cop stopped him in the middle of the night.. He told the cop he would kick his ass over the moon.. Cop left.. Can't understand that cop.. Was it cuz I chained his axel down while my buds sped by showing the bird.. Or that He knew better than try to catch me..
His old 49 Chev Was no match to my flat head ford.. I could make the first country road before he could radio the county.. WE had a packard hearse and run him a few times.. Got it out of a junk yard with a broken rod.. Small Dodge truck (ton) rod replaced it..

His grand son would be after my ass if I showed there today..It's agenerational thing.. Flipen hillbilllys..

MistressSybs

Post by MistressSybs » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 pm

unjonharley wrote:Listen learned...

Have windex, Pull over first chance, Clean windsheild, lights and lic. plates.

This year I pulled over in a wide spot.. Another burnner stoped with a garden sprayer.. He cleaned my window, all lights (trailer too) and lic.

Hey, thanks again bud
We got some of that awesomeness on the way out too! =)
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:26 pm

There is a Husher who walks around and cleans windshields with a squeegee on Monday morning. He works Exodus, so he isn't busy packing up camp.

Return to “Stories”